Slow Mail

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
I've had a couple items that were shipped as 1-3 day priority take about 3 weeks to be delivered here by the USPS. The package tracking page will show that it's in transit. Yeah, ok but its been in transit just 80 miles up the road from me for 10 days so far. Are ya using pack mules? Talking about it at the cigar shop last week, one of the guys who works for the postal service told me they have orders to process all Amazon packages before any other packages, no matter how long the USPS packages have been in the system.
I would think a work around would be to ship items in a used Amazon box with the distinctive blue side with the asterisk grin on it.

In the past couple weeks, I found myself needing to ship almost two dozen small parcels all over the country for a project with some former co-workers, which in retrospect has been a little more of a hassle than I anticipated. Almost everything went first-class parcel rate.

However, I haven't experienced all the problems that people seem to be lamenting online recently. I just ran a bunch of tracking numbers to see how things turned out. Most shipments to the Midwest and East Coast arrived on time or slightly early; West coast major cities (LA, Las Vegas, Phoenix) almost all arrived early, some up to 3 days earlier than projected; biggest delays were to Texas during the ice storm (2-3 days late) and Hawaii (5 days late).

I know the USPS is experiencing all sorts of challenges lately, but I'm content with what I've been getting, especially considering the price. YMMV.

I am waiting on a package with tracking number that shipped from Rock Falls Illinois to Albany NY.....It left the first post on Wednesday last week was scheduled to be in my hands today. Nope won't be here until Wednesday this week at the earliest. :mad: It says still in transit from ELK GROVE VILLAGE IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER....

February 28, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

A real bummer....that's a 14 hour trip for a trucker.......

Well it will get here eventually. The priority cost sometimes isn't worth it.....although having the tracking number is just so ya know....

Slow? USPS was turned off here for a week + during the freeze .Stuff that was in the local P.O. on 2-12 couldn't be delivered until 2-23 . They may not have caught up , not that they caught up to begin with.

tracking.png

Just got a tracking update. The pack mule arrived in King George, VA after spending two weeks walking from Omaha, NE. I wonder if I'll be obligated to feed and water him?

Back