Sitting on a siding

jacon12

The other day I came across this Norfolk Southern southbound train sitting on a siding waiting for a northbound to pass. I tried to photograph it in a way that accented how massive and powerful these locomotives are, then turned it into a 'drawing' on my computer.
55115372.NSTraindrawing.jpg

Jarrell

Well, you certainly accomplished what you set out to do. Terrific photo to begin with, and your conversion to a pencil rendition was a real winner.
Tom

Thanks fellas. I tried to talk the engineer into letting me drive a while but he didn't think that was such a keen idea.
I wonder why.
Jarrell

Jaw-dropping gorgeous. That NEEDS to be a wall poster! Simply stunning. May I post a link to this over at the Photo Essays forum?

Lady_Railfan said:
Jaw-dropping gorgeous. That NEEDS to be a wall poster! Simply stunning. May I post a link to this over at the Photo Essays forum?
Sure, be my guest. :)
Jarrell

jbaakko said:
Thats sweet! Poster, heck use cafepress to make that into a post card!

They also do tshirts and yellow is the color of the modular club I'm in..
55176072.tshirtloco.jpg

For that I'd eliminate the black border and fade the front rails near the edge.

Hmmm... theres an idea.. ;)
Jarrell

arkham railroader said:
how do you change it to a pencil drawing?

btw, that does look sweet!

The program used for all my pictures is Adobe Photoshop. Many people have written small programs called actions that you can install within Photoshop and this drawing technique is one of them. There is a place on the web called action central where these 'actions' can be gotten for free.
Jarrell

Back