SHS F-7's

My favorite engine over the years has been the F-7. We now have a fantastic model of the F-7 in S scale. SHS has a DCC ready version that is absolutly fantistic to run. Now to put them in the paint shop and get that set of WP F-7's out on the road earning their keep.

Greg Elems

Here are a couple of shots of the undecorated F-7's. It came with the passenger pilot but the freight pilot is included. It was a simple matter of changing it and adding the front coupler. Now to add some extra grab irons and send it to the paint shop.

Greg

Whoa! Looking over the close-up of this model, I just noticed the amount of detail... in the HORNS! Don T. must've really sweated over the tooling for these! :eek:

How am I s'posed to maintain my modernization campaign with exquisite stuff like that distracting me?

Yes they are nice. I was thinking about painting them in the WP early green and orange paint scheme, before they were rebuilt. Although I like the later green and orange better. Decals will be a problem. I took some measurements today and detail photos of WP 921, hopefully I can start adding the extra grab irons soon.

Greg

Here's a few photo's of an old S gauge layout that I am redoing for a man for his grand kids. It was made by American Flyer in the early 50's. The layout has been in the mans(dads) attick for 40 years. It was in pretty bad shape when I started on it about 90 days ago. I had to take the 2 engines to a hobby shop for repairs. One of the tenders has a sound system in it & both engines have smoke heaters.
The photo's show just a small portion of the layout.
It's 8 by 8 ft. Has about 10 switch's, about 8 mechanical structures all in steel. The track needs some more work & I still have to hook up all of the electrical. Couldn't get the photo's to come up. I'll try later.

Photo's of the train layout. Hope the photo's pop up this time.

larry

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice F unit, Greg. I've always had a fondness for the bulldog nose too. And I love the detail of the bracing being behind those stainless grills! Very cool. I take it it comes with some flush-mounting window glass too?

Back