Show your storage solutions

MGWSY...umm...Holy Cow! I've never seen a more neatly arranged or more complete workbench and storage arrangement. I'm really impressed. If I paid for the beer, would you stop by my place and help clean up? :)

Those orange barrels with the flashing LED are exactly what I've been looking for. What kind of power supply do they use? Since my electrical skills are slightly above zero, I'd sure be interested in getting a few of them if you're selling.

i'll also say, WOW!!!!! That is what i'de love to have if and whenever i get a house. Nice and clean, everything stored neatly and easily accesible aswell. great job.

and those led's look great.

Those orange barrels with the flashing LED are exactly what I've been looking for. What kind of power supply do they use? Since my electrical skills are slightly above zero, I'd sure be interested in getting a few of them if you're selling.

That was a test barrel due to someone telling me it cant be done. Well it can. LOL I have to get more barrels and then make a circuit board with several flashing circuits on it so each barrel can flash at a different rate and not all together. I would think that 8 to 10 flashing barrels would be enough for a scene and maybe I will get to making more down the road. As for voltage, everything I do I try and make it run of a 12v source as most beople have a 12 V accessory bus around the layout. Here are a couple other projects I did.

A Camp Fire and Welder using cheap electronic candle circuits.

th_CampFire10-02-082.png

th_Welder10-084.png

You obviously have a real talent for working with LED's. Like I said, if you can find a way to turn out those orange barrels at a reasonable price, I'd buy some from you. They would make really neat special effect for some roadwork I have on my layout.

I'd love some of those barrels too! The derails are neat also, but I don't think I have a use for those, yet.

WOW !!! I'll take a doz of the barrels in N scale plz :D I am such a butthead when it comes to this kind of stuff:eek:,can they be run off a 9 volt battery???

Well it's raining again so here's a pic of inside my storage solutions:rolleyes:

DSCN7268.png

DSCN7269.png

Scary thing is I know where everything is:eek:

Gee, and here I was proud of my Craftsman rolling toolbox full of Microtrains, and a moveable piece of the layout mounted on top...

Now that's a workbench I can releate to. :) Mine is in about the same state most days. Looks like you've got some dioramas in the background too. Pretty neat.

Yes it is scary:eek: the layout were you see the lights on is the diorama you see here in the pics I post,the one neaest is one pc of my N trak layout the one right in front is my switching layout and the other is a H.O. and N scale diorama, The other half told me "Finsih the shop NOW!!" I was doing all this in the house. to funny

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i kinda got the the ok i guess to have a small table/work bench in our closet since its so big. Wife actually said it to me after I had thought it up. Now just to build it since it would be lilke only 2 feet deep by maybe 4 feet long.

Nice! You even have your own building? I'm lucky to have a small part of the basement and a corner of the garage.

LOl,Jim the wife calles it the "skunkworks":cool: as no one is allowed in there but me or only with me :D she gave up on me and the hobby so to say a long time ago as she saw she was losing the battle and the war:rolleyes: and yes she is "VERY" understanding:):D

Well I store my cars in Aline Boxes that have been organized by car type. I keep some empty boxes in case I want to sell any down the road and as for my workbench well its not something that will fit in an apartment, LOL.

Storage for Freight / Passenger cars.

Workshop9-30-20087.png

Workshop9-30-20089.png

Mark what kind of prices did you get on those Aline boxes? I was thinking on getting those. Trying to find the bext bargain prices. Did you order from here?
http://www.ppw-aline.com/hobbytote.htm

Back