Show Your Face

Okay

Here is my train room security and railfan tag along partner Cruise, he seems to enjoy the trains:

cruise.jpg

Here is a actual human I have taken with me to railfan, it's Troy, my girlfriends son, he can be a bigger handful the the dog at times, well they both run at a dead heat in wanting something from me all the time ;) He was in a bit of trouble in this shot, using some adult language with his mom, I was too busy trying to take pictures to have heard him.

troy.jpg

And here is my mug, I am not responsable for any burned out displays, cracks in the screens or sudden loss of breath or sanity :)

me.jpg

SpaceMouse said:
Basically you dress up like idiots and blast stuff.

I would have to say it's more involved than that!! LOL!
I've always wanted to get into that sport.
Do you do any reloading for the rifle and shotgun???? :confused:

Old 97 said:
I would have to say it's more involved than that!! LOL!
I've always wanted to get into that sport.
Do you do any reloading for the rifle and shotgun???? :confused:

I shoot .38 spl out of both my rifle and pistols so loading for one is loading for both. You pretty much have to at least load for your pistol and rifles or you'll go broke. With a progressive press I can load 3000-4000 in a week of evenings.

The shotgun is a different story. You can get bird load at Wally World for around $3 a box and you can barely do it yoursef for less than that. I do, but it is a matter of controlling recoil not price.

If you have even the slightest interest, go to a club and watch. This is what will happen. Guys will get you involved. They will comepete to see who gets to let you borrow their guns and you will find yourself laughing and shooting and having a good time.

It's just the nature of the beast. Although there can be serious competiton, its not like IPSC where no one talks and you never touch someone else's equipment. In Cowboy Action Shooting, fun is the name of the game and if your gun breaks, everyone will make sure you can continue by loan a gun or whateve you need.

If you like, I can help you find the club closest to you that shoots cowboy.

Here's me with my daughters this past July in Minot, North Dakota in front of a Great Northern locomotive at the zoo:

large.gif

this is me and my two boys at Crewe loco works open day
111663473.gif

and this guy on the left is a very familliar face in the forum eating a big Mac, who do you think it look's like :eek: only kidding :D
106579648.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
dthurman said:
Okay

Here is my train room security and railfan tag along partner Cruise, he seems to enjoy the trains:

cruise.jpg

Here is a actual human I have taken with me to railfan, it's Troy, my girlfriends son, he can be a bigger handful the the dog at times, well they both run at a dead heat in wanting something from me all the time ;) He was in a bit of trouble in this shot, using some adult language with his mom, I was too busy trying to take pictures to have heard him.

troy.jpg

And here is my mug, I am not responsable for any burned out displays, cracks in the screens or sudden loss of breath or sanity :)

me.jpg

Gasp! Gasp! Oxygen! I need oxygen!

(Sorry, Dave, couldn't resist!)

Love the dog pic! Used to do that sort of stuff professionally.

Darrell, breathing heavily, but quiet...for now

For a better shot, go to the FBI web page and do a search.:eek:

afe.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, someone wanted to see my pretty face. Remember, you asked for it!

CarolynDarrell.jpg

Actually, I'm cheating a bit here. This photo is more than 10 years old. I really haven't changed much, except to get a little grayer (heading towards white, I'm afraid!)

The pretty lady next to me is Carolyn, and it was taken at her oldest son's wedding. We have been together over 17 years. My first marriage didn't last that long!

Darrell, photogenic (NOT!) and quiet...for now

NZRMac said:
Hello Aaron, I guess your in the police force, always nice to have a cop handy!!

Yep, and I just look like one of the guys on the Post Office wall. There's no need for the Tazer here...:D

grande man said:
Yep, and I just look like one of the guys on the Post Office wall. There's no need for the Tazer here...:D
Huh...you must be from one of those there city places...our Post Office wall usually has community announcements, but they don't often involve criminals :rolleyes:

Speaking of small towns and police, I just realized that I know every officer on the force by first name. Hmm...

well since i am participating in this forum now, heres the only pic i have of me on my computer. it was taken when i was living in Florida, about 5yrs ago, just before i moved back to Beloit. look the same now, just with more gray hair.:eek: :D

My other 'hobby' is photography and this is a self portrait. The balled up hand conceals a rubber squeeze bulb that fired the camera.
medium.jpg

Jarrell

Invite!!!

RexHea said:
Very nice Mike! You should hitch a ride with Carey and come over to T-town and see me sometime.
What a great invitation!
I'll have to check with Carey to see when we can get together with you.
I've only heard good things about your layout and I didn't believe what Carey had to say about you.:D :D

Back