Show us your classic muscle cars

cncproadwarrior

North of the 49th
I bought a new 69 GTX in the fall of 68. Had tons of fun with that car on the street and on the strip.

Now that I'm retired, I bought another one: numbers matching, 440, automatic with air grabber option. Engine was rebuilt to stock specs. The car was never restored but lovingly cared for. Repainted in it's original F5 Limelight Green with original tan interior.

And the beat goes on...:D

Nice ride Bernie. I love old cars trucks trains, anything old with a motor in it

Mines not a muscle car but its a classic..

1965 Cadillac

Last edited by a moderator:
not as old as your but still a classic
myz28Small.png

Certainly not a classic (1984) Toyota Starlet, with a quad cam toyota V8. It's my current car project.

P1040085.jpg

P1030792.jpg

And my other fun ride!! hehe, beer powered, the more you drink the faster it goes LOL.

P1040827.jpg

Ken.

Some awful nice toys in this thread! Gotta love them Mopars! A Toyota with a v8? AWESOME! That thing is going to be stupid fast, and with the engine set back like that, the handling will be better then that rockin' little barstool you've got there! A beautiful second gen Camaro....Sweet! And a big ole classy Caddy....oh yeah! And some mini-muscle! Way cool!

A little while back I sold my long standing project, a '68 Camaro SS restomod. It had a 350 4 bolt main that was rodded out to 425hp. A built turbo 400 tranny and a 12 bolt main rear with 3.73 gears ensured a good launch and hiway RPM's that didn't have the motor jumping through the hood.

(Click on any of these pics to enlarge!)

th_C4.png

It was fun, but hard to keep rear tires on!

th_C.png

I sold it, basically because I couldn't afford to feed the thing any more at $4.25 a gallon, and I bought me a bike instead.

th_12-28-0811.jpg

(That still qualifies as classic muscle, right?)

I also bought the wife a 3rd gen Camaro that we'll fix up over time.

th_IMG_0422.png

Its not a classic but heres mine I bumped the motor up to 550hp with a special tuner can smoke a bmw off the line and can keep it back. was great on the 91 fwy. hahaha

Well, the last time I posted these pics here I got laughed at and she was insulted by a few members, but I'm willing to try again.

Maybe not a muscle car, but it is a RIOT to drive and 91HP will certainly help keep the speeding tickets away. :)

jeanie01.jpg

jeanie02.jpg

Years from now when the Iron Duke gives up the ghost, there will be a 3800SC in Jeannie's future. :)

Hey CanuckMark, nothing to laugh at there! I love those little Fieros! That thing would easily outrun my big bad Camaro in the twisties, and you might even give me a run for the money on my bike! And honestly, they don't need a ton of horepower to go like stink. It's all about horsepower / weight..........and the Fiero has a pretty favorable number in that area. Top that of with a good suspension, and you've got a recipie for fun! Drop in that 3800 and you're going to be having a blast!

CanuckMark I have the brother of your car
Its my daily driver ,A 91 Toyota MR2 Turbo
Mid Engine RWD dynoed 280WHP with aftermarket "upgrades"

not classic but fast and fun in the snow!

Phillip: LOL! Thanks man. With the gas prices and insurance prices these day, speed isn't my priority. But damn this thing is fun to drive. I can't wait for spring.

Trent: I came really close to getting a 1991 MR2 similar to yours, but yellow and non-turbo. But it needed a bit more work than I was willing to put in to get it on the road, plus I wanted something pre-1988 to get past the constant emissions tests we need to get here in Ontario. And this one was a bit unique - not too many Indys made it to Canada, nor are there many left.

As for our cars being brothers, only if your car was the smart coordinated high school jock and mine was the somewhat short sighted kid who hated dodge ball in gym class. Well, maybe not that bad. :)

Mark

Trent: I came really close to getting a 1991 MR2 similar to yours, but yellow and non-turbo. But it needed a bit more work than I was willing to put in to get it on the road, plus I wanted something pre-1988 to get past the constant emissions tests we need to get here in Ontario. And this one was a bit unique - not too many Indys made it to Canada, nor are there many left.

As for our cars being brothers, only if your car was the smart coordinated high school jock and mine was the somewhat short sighted kid who hated dodge ball in gym class. Well, maybe not that bad. :)

Mark

Mark
you might not have the fastest Mid engine car but I wil admit that I once got my butt handed to me with a Fiero with a Caddilac northstar? engine in it.

wow was that little car fast.
Just last year the emission testing for my car expired. No more worries now as im exempt. I hade to pull/install the engine 5 years after a rebuild and lets just say it was like putting 10lbs of crap into a 5lb bag the engine comes out from the bottom to make it worse! fun car to drive not fun to work on...but you already know that:p

Mark
you might not have the fastest Mid engine car but I wil admit that I once got my butt handed to me with a Fiero with a Caddilac northstar? engine in it.

wow was that little car fast.
Just last year the emission testing for my car expired. No more worries now as im exempt. I hade to pull/install the engine 5 years after a rebuild and lets just say it was like putting 10lbs of crap into a 5lb bag the engine comes out from the bottom to make it worse! fun car to drive not fun to work on...but you already know that:p

The Northstar is a common refit as well, and a potent one. With the battery relocated up front weight is nearing 50/50 - put that in an '88 with the last generation suspension and it's a rocketship. SBCs are common too, with minimal chassis mods.

As for motor work, yeah this one is a bottom drop too. But I got her just when the snow hit and now she's sleeping 'til spring, so I haven't fully experienced the joys of repairs yet. :)

Hey, look at it this way - if you ever need to haul the MR2 to a shop you could just put it in the trunk of the Caddy. :)

Back