Show us your Churches

Gary B

The Fox Valley Railroad
Well since stations went over so well, I thought I would try it again. This time lets see your Churches or other houses of worship as the case may be.

I'll start with my three.

First the facade Cathedral at Clifton, a town of facades. Just added this Christmas. A bit large but I like it.

Second, the Church at Summit, this time a little small. In fact it's N scale on my HO layout. A background structure, it was never meant to be seen up close.

Lastly, the Chapel at the Cemetery.

Enjoy, and share yours

Gary: Here is the Catholic Church and rectory at Como, Colorado in O scale. Piece is entirely scratch built including a stone foundation laid with individual blocks.

Matt Dillow
MD Custom Models

Only have 1 Church on my layout. It's a Faller.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Revival Church of Bud car, just got spoted at the local freight station! The cars contents will be unloaded and delivered to many of the local worship places that you may find the tasty salvation!:p:) Next week I Heard the Miller Revival church is comming to town!:)
picture.php

Gary, who makes the church on the far right? I'm looking for one just like it with some decent details.
Allen

Gary, who makes the church on the far right? I'm looking for one just like it with some decent details.
Allen

Allen -I'm thinking it's a Life-Like kit. Small and pretty basic, not big on details but a good starting point.

Matt, Doc - beautiful work

Larry - nice job too. I always liked that Church.

Chris - I didn't expect a church on wheels. I'll have to show it to my son, the one that works for a Bud distributor. Oddly, my other son (also a Chris) works for a Church!

Here's a church I added to my layout today. I had to take out a truck warehouse to make it fit. It's another Faller Church. This one's a Spanish Mission catholic Church. Still have to make a sign for the wall out front & add some shrubs around the sidewalk up to the front door.

Impressive addition Larry. I don't recall ever seeing that Faller church befrore. I wish someone would come out with a more American looking large church. (Perhaps red brick?) That and a few brick homes really would be nice additions to all the Smalltown and DPM type kits out there.

SW - Is that HO or N? It's exactly the kind of thing I wanted (and have run out of space for) I can see you're kind of like me, big city, little limited weathering and then a very weathered, almost overgrown church. Looks like my layout, one big work in progress.
(Yes, if I'm unclear, I DO like it!)

SW- I've had my eye on that church,too. That one or the one on Larry's layout. I need a big stone church for my city scene. Some day in the future...

[QUOTE=smileyHas anyone ever done a storefront church

Sounds like a Downtown Deco project to me. Not to besmerk storefront churches but they do have the rep as being wrong side of the track places. Saving the souls of the lost and down trodden, not congregations that can build palaces for their Sunday Worship.

Of course any old storefront could be converted witha few signs, just lie the real thing!

This one is believe it or not, a Christmas ornament from 1995 by Hallmark, the PERFECT background church because it's only a half or a quarter building front. I will use it against a wall somewhere, maybe in Skelt perhaps.

Back