Show us your best F units

My first set of Genesis
MopacF3s.JPG

On the point of the San Francisco Chief
CaliforniaLimited.JPG

My daughter's Youth In Model Railroading drag racing loco. Athearn Rubber band drive. The silver paint sparkles.
pink.jpg

The Exposition Flyer on the PV&W layout in Denver Union Station.
DRGWinGranite.JPG

My kitbashed HO F-10, for a brief time a common sight for me on the Metro North's Harlem Valley Line situated about 6-8 miles from my home.

metron0015a.jpg

NYW&B

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually saw the blue bonnet F-unit in the North Wichita yard in the mid-1960's. I saw the B unit on the turntable once. I would go by the yard and say, "just a bunch of stupid old F units". I wish I would have known at the time they were all being pulled down to Texas to be converted into CF7s. I wish I would have know the war bonnet scheme was on its way out..... I could have gotten tons of wonderful photos.
That's amazing! I too lived in wichita from 1964 to 1968....but I had no camera then. :eek::p

(After that I lived in colorado 30 years)

Mike

Great photos here guys.
A quick check and it turns out I have more F-units than any other engine:
CNR F-7 a and b
024.jpg

CNR F-3 phase 2
pics049.jpg

and my Scrap FP-7a
pics252.jpg

Good picture Joe, the sky is NICE! (Edit) No VERY NICE.
Edit #2 And that Wabash Jeep back there was my first model train (in Lionel O Ga.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good picture Joe, the sky is NICE! (Edit) No VERY NICE.
Edit #2 And that Wabash Jeep back there was my first model train (in Lionel O Ga.)

I'm going out on a limb here and saying Joe's picture was taken outside and that's the real sky ... ? :confused::D

Loudmusic- Yes, check out Erie Mining/LTV Mining. They used ALCos and F units, not uncommon to see 4 or 5 F B units bracketed by F A units to move their heavy ore trains.

Here are some Stewart F units that I had just retrieved from my M-I-L's attic after 12 years in storage. They still run well but they need decoders. Also need to install some aftermarket grab irons and other details on them.

We need to install sound in a few too!!;)

Here are some Stewart F units that I had just retrieved from my M-I-L's attic after 12 years in storage. They still run well but they need decoders. Also need to install some aftermarket grab irons and other details on them.
What a great stash of extra B&O F-units you've got there! My own style is to have as many multiples of all good things as possible. One or two is never enough. I only have four N scale F-units so far......but three of them are A+B FT's.....so there's seven powered units in all. That's enough to have spare parts for awhile.....but I need many more! :)

Mike

Back