Short NCE Powercab review

S

schul4

NCE Powercab opinion

NCE's Powercab is a great beginner begginner DCC system for small to medium sized layouts. When I first opened it up and took it all out of its nice packaging. All it is is the plug in panel, the throttle and 2 different types of cords. Setup took me 5 minutes, screw the wires to the track into the plug-in panel, plug in the power cord to an outlet, and plug in the throttle to the panel. Programming is also extremely easy and the manual covers that extremely well the same for consisting. Anothere great thing is the price. For the price is worth it. If you are wondering what the difference is between the Powercab the Procab is this, the Powercabs throttle is the whole system and gets the engine numbers while the Procabs box that you can put under the layout does that. Plus the Procab is more for really big layout like club layouts. Also on the Power cab you can't unplug it. The Procab, you can unplug and plug back in anywhere around the layout and won't lose the last engine number you were on. Otherwise it is an extremely well working and easy to use system. I give it 5 out of 5 stars.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
NCE's Powercab is a great beginner begginner DCC system for small to medium sized layouts. When I first opened it up and took it all out of its nice packaging. All it is is the plug in panel, the throttle and 2 different types of cords. Setup took me 5 minutes, screw the wires to the track into the plug-in panel, plug in the power cord to an outlet, and plug in the throttle to the panel. Programming is also extremely easy and the manual covers that extremely well the same for consisting. Anothere great thing is the price. For the price is worth it. If you are wondering what the difference is between the Powercab the Procab is this, the Powercabs throttle is the whole system and gets the engine numbers while the Procabs box that you can put under the layout does that. Plus the Procab is more for really big layout like club layouts. Also on the Power cab you can't unplug it. The Procab, you can unplug and plug back in anywhere around the layout and won't lose the last engine number you were on. Otherwise it is an extremely well working and easy to use system. I give it 5 out of 5 stars.:cool:

Purchasing the new Smart Booster allows you to pull the plug on the Power Cab and move it around the layout.

"When I first opened it up and took it all out of its nice packaging."
"Anothere great thing is the price. For the price is worth it."

is this really a review? i like that system to and have a lot of good things to say about it, but if you want to write a review that is an actual review, you will need to cover pros and cons of the system and justify your opinion, "for the price it is worth it" is not a justification.

"the Powercabs throttle is the whole system " no, its not, you probably noticed that power supply (which is a part of the system) is a standalone unit. you wanted to say "Command station and booster are integrated into cab" .

Powercab

He said enough. Granted it's not a full fledged peoduct review, but it wasn't presented that way in the review section either. It's just his opinion

its a Sort review and I could under stand his points.

I dont own a NCE unit but after using NCE at friends layouts, Digitraxx at 2 diffrent clubs, and MRC for my home layout. I think that NCE is the best of all 3. simple to underst, easy to opreate and it does just about everthing that most look for.

Back