Shipping containers

Modeltrains2021

Hi there i was wondering if some of you guys know where to buy 20 ft shipping containers for a flat car just like the picture? Thankyou
20220702_154517.jpg

Besides Walthers direct there are some here:

Attachments

• E4184809-4D6E-4689-B0D8-B27BF23AC4E4.png
    E4184809-4D6E-4689-B0D8-B27BF23AC4E4.png
    879.3 KB · Views: 88
I bought most of my containers at train shows in the estate sales. Typically about 50 cents a piece. I have about 500 of them.
Heck of a deal,..particularly considering the asking price for many of these today.

I made need more 40 footers as I bought random sizes when first collecting some. Didn't think about the fact that most international shipping occurs in 40 footers.

I may just invest in some card-stock ones for my container yard stacks.

This gives you an idea of the number of containers on the layout. The intermodal facility is in the upper right of the picture. There are more wells and spine cars in the staging tracks.

Full Yard (2020_11_17 02_20_59 UTC).jpg

I had to do some sawing on the benchwork in the intermodal facility. It was like a major 12.5 earthquake and completely trashed the stacks of containers. I gave up on trying to preserve the stacks and just plowed them all out of the way.
20211221_122954.jpg

MB Klein has some in stock:

As does TrainWorld:

And Factory Direct Hobbies:

Those are all places I've ordered from without problems. I assume you also know there's plenty on Ebay as well.

I made need more 40 footers as I bought random sizes when first collecting some. Didn't think about the fact that most international shipping occurs in 40 footers.
40' and 20' container for international shipping.

48' and 53' containers are North American domestic.

This gives you an idea of the number of containers on the layout. The intermodal facility is in the upper right of the picture. There are more wells and spine cars in the staging tracks.

View attachment 148285

I had to do some sawing on the benchwork in the intermodal facility. It was like a major 12.5 earthquake and completely trashed the stacks of containers. I gave up on trying to preserve the stacks and just plowed them all out of the way.
View attachment 148286
I have seen that in real life at several ports around the country - wind is a terrible thing. Looks pretty realistic although I know you didn't plan it - always remember there is a prototype for everything.

Back