Shinohara code 100 #6 double crossover

464hudson

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Shinohara code 100 #6 double crossover. I am expanding my layout and I have an area where one of these is my only option. I would prefer new old stock ( I know that Shinohara is not manufacturing them anymore ) or a used one in excellent condition. I am still wired for DC operation.

Thanks,.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a Shinohara code 100 #6 double crossover. I am expanding my layout and I have an area where one of these is my only option. I would prefer new old stock ( I know that Shinohara is not manufacturing them anymore ) or a used one in excellent condition. I am still wired for DC operation.

Thanks,.
https://www.trainsetsonly.com/page/TSO/PROD/669-112
Not presently in stock, at least there is the possibility of back-ordering...

flyboy2610,

Thanks for the info regarding the Atlas # 6 crossover method. I initially planned using Atlas but I am trying to shorten the overall length of the crossover while still using a #6 turnout. I think that the overall length of the Shinohara is less than the Atlas approach.
Thanks,

This thing is out of stock everywhere. If you absolutely have to have one, you could go the fast tracks route, and build your own, but if you only need one, then your best bet might be to do a saved search on Ebay, and when they become available for a buy it now price, or auction it will tell you via email.

I was at a train show this weekend and came across some double crossovers code 100 Shinohara.
It was Kim's trains and things
In PA 724-748-3433. They have a facebook page no website.Might be your best shot.

Thanks for the info regarding the Atlas # 6 crossover method. I initially planned using Atlas but I am trying to shorten the overall length of the crossover while still using a #6 turnout. I think that the overall length of the Shinohara is less than the Atlas approach.
Mathematically speaking, given a #6 constant, the only way to reduce the overall length would be to narrow the distance between the two tracks.

On the other hand if you are only concerned about the frog # and don't mind the European look, a Peco short turnout still has a #6 frog so perhaps that is an option. I don't know if Peco makes a 19 degree crossing or not.

I have 2 of the double crossovers, and definite plans to use at least 1 of them. As to whether i will use the other I am unsure at this time. I also have 4 of the single crossovers, 2 left, 2 right. I may end up using a couple of these rather than the second double.

I'm in the process of designing my new trackplan now so I'm a bit unsure as to what I will need. But I should be finalizing that within the next month I hope !!

http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/...-track-plan-tupper-lake-faust-junction.29767/
Brian

Back