Shamus in Tall Timber and Shortlines

modelbob

Administrator
Shamus does good...

To the sound of the famous Rolling Stones tune:

"Get your picture on the cover.... Gonna send 5 copies to my mother..."

Over in RailroadForums.com we were just having a discussion about magazines finding your work on websites like this one, when what is just about the ultimate example of what can happen showed up in my mailbox. Tall Timber Shortlines is a well respected magazine about logging, shortlines and modeling. I'm a subscriber, and enjoy reading it each month. (OK, not each month, it's not a monthly, I think it's quarterly but I read every issue...)

I got the summer 2005 issue today. On the front cover is a color photo by Paul Templar, who may be better known to those of you who frequent the modeling forum as "Shamus". He also has 2 more color photos on the back cover. Inside is a 10 page article on the Cooncreek and Tumbleweed Springs, Paul's On30 layout.

What do this have to do with ModelRailroadForums? The article is a direct result of Paul's photos on this site. The editor is a friend of mine, he saw Paul's photos online here and he sent me an e-mail saying "This fellow's work is absolutely fantastic, how do I contact him!?!" I dropped Paul a note, and obviously they were able to come to an agreement.

Now don't get me wrong, Paul's modeling work is incredible, and the only credit the forum gets is for introducing the two gentlemen. But at least we provided a way to get in contact, which was all that was needed.

Congratulations to Paul on a great article! 10 pages and the covers! Way to go...

PS - How about autographing my copy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey many thanks indeed, I just found out myself it was in, not got my copy as yet, but it will come soon I hope.

Okay Bob, just send it over the pond LOL I'll sign it :D

Shamus

Paul's modeling a photography skills are absolutely top notch. I'm personally not into logging roads as much as mainline freight, but even so, I view his pics with much enthusiasm. They really are fantastic! Thanks Paul, for posting your work for us to enjoy. I'm glad the magazine found you here. I'm sure their readers will enjoy the pics like we do.

Back