Second Craftsman Kit Build - Foley Towing

WigWag Workshop

Hey Der Folks!

For my second build, I will be doing Foley Towing by RailRoad Kits. (I wanted to build a kit from another manufacture) but I am waiting for the orders to be shipped.

I chose this kit for the reasons below:

• It's not a basic square kit, it has a little more complexity to it
  • It uses shingles, I watched Jason Jensens tutorial, and I wanted to try something other than rolled roofing (I know I can use shingles on any kit, but these were included with this kit)
  • It's not a clapboard siding kit
I am looking forward to this build, has it will be my first kit following only paper instructions. My first build had a DVD to follow along with, which was a big help. I did some testing of different colors, if anyone would like to give some feedback. I am leaning toward "Pale Green" has my choice, but I am open to any ideas.

-Steven

Box Front and Color Choices.jpg
Color Brands.jpg
Kit Contents.jpg

I'm looking forward to following along on this, Steven.
The pale green is a fine choice. Some of those greens are too dark, and the tropical looks too limey. In the end, though, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

I will be following your progress with interest. I had not known about RailRoad Kits until you did the J. Keen Supplies assembly. They have a couple of kits that interest me and that would fit my locale and era (and layout).

Didn't get discouraged enough by the first one, eh? :)

Looking forward to watching this one.

I like the pale green or the cockpit green with the russ green as a trim color. But it's your model, so do what looks good to you.

Hey Der Folks!

Walls are up! This kit has been a bit of a challenge, the instructions are not labeled correctly (although it's easy to figure out), and getting the peak located took a bit of time. Please understand, this is not a complaint, just my experience has a new kit builder. I enjoy the challenge, and I am having a blast with this this build. Next up paint, I decided to try building the kit first, then paint this time to see the differances in the two processes.

-Steven
Walls Up.jpg

That looks good, Steven.
I'm curious to see how you will get a realistic shingles look to what appears to be a plank roof at this point. I'll continue following.
Those look like Tichy windows and doors.
Well done, so far.

Back