SD60F project

thanks for the bump MLW Thursday night at work I was just thinking about this project and was thining to myself about getting back to work on it again. Thanks

HA HA! :);)

I bought one (Kaslo) in November but gave up on the idea.

There's a felow assembling it for me . I have to say that you are a
heck of a lot more skill and patient then I. :eek:

Can't wait to see your progress.

Ok everyone I am back to begin working on this project again. Deer hunting season is over now. I have been thinking about how I wanted to do the dynamic brake fan. I had bought myself a Cannon and Company fan hatch. I was thinking of drilling out the shell where it is suppose to go and press fitting and cementing it into the shell... But when I layed it on the shell I didn't know if it looked right so I cleaned up the screen that came with the Kaslo shell and took a pic of both in the area they should be in. Tell me your opinions about what you guys think look better...

First pic is what Cannon fan looks like..

4321219665_d3ac1d332d_b.jpg

Second pic is what Kaslo supplied me with..

4321219825_27e49d49b4_b.jpg

and this is what it looks like now untouched... If I got with first one I will cut old fan out. If I go with second one I will paint it I think white and paint fan blades silver I think

4321219523_77aa0dce8b_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that they both have potential but, I think that the Cannon one would look a little better without too much modification. The Kaslo one would look sweet if you cut out the area around the fan blades, not that I would have the patience to do that myself but, it would look cool.

When I built my SD50F, I had the fortune to have a spare Genesis SD70 DB grille handy, it looked like the Kaslo grille, but was dished to clear the little nib...

Back