SD45-2 AND SD40-2/45 carbody BNSF

Hi FR8... looks to be some nice detailing going into those models. Keep us posted, it's an interesting project
Cheers Willis

SD40-2/Former DF40-2 ??

I like that SD45-2, got me impressed, now I gotta make mine compair to yours!
Josh

Close-Up Pictures

CBSNSfan,
Thanks I'll keep everyone Posted...

jbaakko..The SD40-2 is a former BN/it was wrecked in the rear,BN rebuilt it with SD45 rear Flares it's now BNSF#7023...

The SD45-2 will be Painted in H1 6460,BNSF had 2 of these painted the other was painted in H1 6481,but that Unit was sold to NREX...

here are some close-up pictures...I cut out the Dynamics grills and are replace them with some cannon sd50(cut these to fit)

sd40-2/45 rear,I'm still working out the rear...

Very interesting choice of power, especially the 7023, which is one of my favorite SD40-2s.

Ahhh, I thought you were making 7890... By the way, once again same road number I choose for my SD45-2. Mines primered now, and its waiting on a load of details. I'm sticking with the RPP cab, and grills, but I'm changing the fans out. I gotta bit to go, I have no chassis or motor or trucks... I got another project progress post coming in a few mins...
Josh

jbaakko,

That 7890,Will be a future Project...I got a 3rd Unit 6324 SD40 remote(I have to find picture of the Roof) and My 4TH is BNSF 7412....

And I got some NEW Collection of FR8 cars(Old line up is under FR8BurnerWMDKrew)
Check it..

jbaakko,

You should use A Cannon #HE-1153 EMD hood Ends-(use (9) Class Light)or Details Assoc #1003 Dual Nose light..for you next BNSF projects..

on my sd45-2 I used Details Assoc:#1003 picture below

Check Here for my INFO:http://qstation.org/EricGoodman/

Thanks for the tips, I kinda used what I could grab at a local shop in SD. My major SD/GP's with nose headlights are done, BUT one, a GP30, well that and the factory painted units. All 5 SD40-2's from CN (73xx series) are still cab headlight, that I can see from every pic I can find of the units I'm doing. My major issue with them its the headlight/numberboard is built to a CN standard so they're funny, and I need 4 slightly different DB sections, and 3 more of the snowshields.

I'll go with that light unit on the GP30 (2nd GP30), and see how I like it, and toy with the parts for the SD40's

Josh,
I believe this SD40 has always been a BN unit..BNSF 6324

FR8BurnerWMDcrew said:
jbaakko

Here is some Kit-Bash Maddness:http://www.pbase.com/tracktime/sd45x_elizabeth_allen

The Fellow that took the pictures is a friend of mine...

FR8
:eek: Wow! Talk about patience! I think I would have cut/hammered/melted/stabbed/detonated something long before I would have reached that level of detail. Assembling (thousands of) N scale truck/coupler assemblies challenges my patience enough... :rolleyes:

I wonder how much time the 'basher' has into that project. How long has it taken you guys on your models thus far?

Hey Josh,
Details Associates .10" brass wire..

HTH

fr8

Back