Scratch buit building

here are some of the building on our layout a sanding tower and drying tower a coal tipple and steel coil building.

here are some of the building on our layout a sanding tower and drying tower a coal tipple and steel coil building.

Very impressive work. Would you mind explaining what all the structures are for? It looks like some kind of industrial scene but I'm not smart enough to understand much of it. :)

Very impressive work. Would you mind explaining what all the structures are for? It looks like some kind of industrial scene but I'm not smart enough to understand much of it. :)

thanks the layout is going to be all industrial the coal tipple is going to be a coal place for the coal hoppers to go. the first top track is going to be for the car with coal in it and there will be a another car under the coal tipple that is empty and the first track will dump it in to the car that is empty on the second track under the tipple. and for the sanding tower and drying tower they will not do nothing they are just are looks the sanding and drying tower wore made from the sanding and drying towers in Girard OH is around Youngstown Ohio the sanding towers and drying tower are still standing it is a Erie Lackawanna place in Girard .and the steel structures is made the some as WCI steel in warren OHIO. the coil cars will back in and there is a over head crane in it that will move by your hand but it will not move by it self it is just are looks. but a lot of detail in the scratch built structures and time.and the engine house will be for the coil car structure and coal tipple there will be a engine in it for the bottom of the tipple and there is one more engine house on the top half of the tipple for the top track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, for the explanation, now I have a better idea of what all those things do. I like that engine house. Very nice job of building it from the frame outward, just like a real steel building.

Back