Scratch building materials

tccarson

A few years ago I stock-piled a large quantity of Micro-Mark peel & stick textured roofing material. It was available in several colors, which were similar to the colors of available asphalt roofing of the 1950's and 1960's. I used the brown in our latest online catalog project, as it was very close to the prototype cottage in Austria. Micro-Mark seems to have discontinued all but the grey version. I am caught between not wanting to waste materials, but I don't like using any material that is not readily available to our customers. Does anyone know of a current peel & stick product that is available in various colors?

HO_Scale_Wolfsberg_Cottage.jpg

I am confused? Is this for your self, or to sell in your catalogue?
Not to sell, but to use both for ourselves and also to refer to our customers. We have customers from about fifty countries around the world, and often people like to know what materials we used for a particular model. I like to be able to refer our customers to reliable sources. Sadly, in this case I have been referring people to Micro-Mark for the roofing product, not realizing that it had been discontinued. What I am looking for is a supplier of something similar to the photo below, in various colors. Micro-Mark still sells some of the texture sheets, but only the grey in the 3-tab roofing shingles, and not the other colors. These were all peel & stick and textured. I still have a lifetime supply, but I would like to steer my customers to a similar product. Thank you if anyone knows of something similar.

micromark.jpg

Tks for the info ... almost looks like those could double for a brick wall too!
Have you asked Micro-Mark for the supply source?

Sorry, as I am no help at all.

Tks for the info ... almost looks like those could double for a brick wall too!
Have you asked Micro-Mark for the supply source?

Sorry, as I am no help at all.
Yes, they do make a few other patterns still. I think the red brick is still available. Here is one of our projects that used a stone finish: https://www.scalemodelplans.com/smp/pgs/catalog2.html#756 Gibralter Point Lighthouse. I think the stone is still available.

Back