Scratch build chain link fence

I bought some tulle from an eBay seller, and it does look good, mine only cost 99 pence, around $2,including postage for a length, three feet, by six inches wide. All I need now, is to sort out some fence posts !!!

Ronzzr11

I used some styrene rods as post and glud them together at the top. I cut the top of the post to fit into the curve of top rod.

I bought some tulle from an eBay seller, and it does look good, mine only cost 99 pence, around $2,including postage for a length, three feet, by six inches wide. All I need now, is to sort out some fence posts !!!

Ronzzr11

Goto wal mart in the fabrics, they have several colors and it was .98 cents a yard. Enough material to fence in the entire layout, even if its huge. I bought a 1ft. by 3ft. piece for .24 cents. Thats the smallest they would sell me. You can use wire for your posts, over in the hardware dept.

Last edited by a moderator:
Goto wal mart in the fabrics, they have several colors and it was .98 cents a yard. Enough material to fence in the entire layout, even if its huge. I bought a 1ft. by 3ft. piece for .24 cents. Thats the smallest they would sell me. You can use wire for your posts, over in the hardware dept.

Problem with that is,over here in England, there are no Wal-Marts !!, thanks for the tip anyway.
I was wondering what colours are most common for chain link fencing in the USA ?. Over here you often see green fencing around sports fields,and silver-grey in more industrial settings.
Ronzzr11

Problem with that is,over here in England, there are no Wal-Marts !!, thanks for the tip anyway.
I was wondering what colours are most common for chain link fencing in the USA ?. Over here you often see green fencing around sports fields,and silver-grey in more industrial settings.
Ronzzr11

Ahh good point- But I'll do you one better, pm me your adress and I'll send you some samples, enough to do alot of fencing. Green, silver,black, and grey are common for the newer plastic coated chainlink.

I've notice the color and size of opening in links all differ here (USA) that you get the colors mentioned before and links that are smaller in a more secure area or the fence you see on a bridge will have smaller holes so you can't climb it.

Back