Scheme for my rr.

Shortliner2001 said:
Not to be silly, but how would it look with the star centred on the nose with stripes radiating and continuing down the sides? Bottom blue section continuing down the sides too. N to left of star, A centred on star ,and R to the right, all in Yellow
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

I like your idea, Jack. How's this?
View attachment 3132

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I think I found the third scheme!!! These are magnificent guys!!! I can't wait to see how they look on my locomotives.
I am not sure If I mad it clear enough, but, the scheme doesn't necesarily have to be the flag, it can be other things to! I am just trying to through some ideas out there for some people that might not be able to do the Arizona Flag.
I thank you all again, they look absolutely awesome!
Chris

Hi guys,
I am still very worried on the difficulty off painting this? What would you guys say is a smart thing to do. Can we come up with a simpler scheme.
P.S. Sorry I am replying so late!!! But I never thought about it too much.
Chris

Decals, if you so the blue & red, then use clear decal film and print off each angle, like the cab side, the angled portion of the roof, Long hood, cab rear, nose sides, and 1/2 the nose as its own decal, with maybe 1mm overlap on each decal, you can start nose first and work you way back. Your just have to be very careful and work slow, allowing each separate decal to set and aligning them perfectly. Its similar to how they approch a Special scheme on a proto type unit, say the Sounder units, are all partial decals patched togeather.

It'd require, 16 (?) decals if you add the names for the long hood. Add maybe 4 more for Numberboards.

If I had a good printer and you were paying me well, I'd attack it for you...

EDIT: I have decided to make it my main railroad!!! Thanks alot guys!
Chris

Meant to say it will be my main railroad, lol!!!
What do you guys think of this scheme. The locomotive center is painted copper, while the front of the loco has the star with the radiating sides. The back would just be one of those colors. Also, I would probably like the star with the stripes to be a decal, would that be expensive???
Thanks,
Chris

Oh, reading that, what if... you make the stars as the hood ends and the side just be blue & red?

Meant to say it will be my main railroad, lol!!!
What do you guys think of this scheme. The locomotive center is painted copper, while the front of the loco has the star with the radiating sides. The back would just be one of those colors. Also, I would probably like the star with the stripes to be a decal, would that be expensive???
Thanks,

Microscale's minimum order is 250 sets for custom decals. Otherwise I would've gotten some made.

Hi Josh,
Care to show me exactly what you mean about the cab end stars? If not it's okay, I am just worried about this scheme, it is my first ever time painting a loco and I think it may be do diffucult.
Chris

When you size the decals make each angular side, I.E. the right half and left half of the nose sepoarate, and peice them togeather. Make sure they ovelap just a tad though. I'll break up the images later...

Back