Scheme for my rr.

chrismoore93

Central Phoenix Railroad
Hi guys,
Upon reading ATSF's thread were he asked for a custom paint scheme. Well it's about time for me to do so as well. The first loco I would like to decorate would be a Bachmann GP35. Like ATSF's scheme, my railroad is called the Northern Arizona Railway. If possible, I would really appreciate it if the Arizona flag could be incorporated in the scheme.
Thank you for your help!
Chris

You da man Eric!!! Thanks alot, I really appreciate this. I will soon be applying the schemes to passenger locomotives as well. This is because, and area of my railroad is surrounded by industry and buisness's, so I thought it would be nice to provide a little commuter service for them (under the same name off course). :);)

Befor I start, is there anything more you want to add to the description of the paint scheme? Perhaps what colors you would like on it, stripes, ect.?

Yes, I would also like the roadname to be added to it, which is the Northern Arizona Railway. In case you don't know Eric, here is a picture of the Arizona flag.
Flag.gif
If you could add those colors in, maybe actually like the flag, that would be awesome!
Thanks alot a 2nd time Eric!
Chris

If this is to hard for you Eric, or anyone else. I would appreciate any cool theme I can get my hands on, as I am hoping to have more than one scheme like some railroads do.
Thanks a bunch, this means alot too me!
Chris

Nar Gp35 #2500

I thought I would take a shot at painting a NAR locomotive for you. So, here it is:

I don't really know about the front, I kinda just though that together. Hope you like it! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope I can get that scheme on my railroad! I hope its not to difficult cause thats amazing! One thing that also stands out kind of, would be that it almost looks like a Santa Fe scheme. I might have to send this one into a shop, but it'll definately be on my locos!
Chris

okanaganrailfan said:
I thought I would take a shot at painting a NAR locomotive for you. So, here it is:

I don't really know about the front, I kinda just though that together. Hope you like it! :D

Say, how did your scheme get to looking so similar to mine?:D The one I'm working on also has the star & flag design incorperated into the long hood!

PS- Chris, sorry I didn't get the scheme to you last week or this weekend, because I was gone on an overnight ski trip with the highschool ski club up to Big Mountain north of Whitefish.I'm working on it right now, & if I don't post it later tonight, count on tomorrow.

All right, here it is (even though I didn't stick to my scheduled posting date, again):

Hope you like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Eric,
I am sure that will be another one of my schemes for my railroad! Thanks again guys, you saved the day!!!
Chris

Not to be silly, but how would it look with the star centred on the nose with stripes radiating and continuing down the sides? Bottom blue section continuing down the sides too. N to left of star, A centred on star ,and R to the right, all in Yellow
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

Back