Scale Rulers?

twforeman

Certified Great Northern Nut
I have the standard 12" long scale ruler that has HO, N and O on it (maybe others?) and it's just kind of unwieldy.

I found these on eBay and was wondering if anyone has bought them. I used to work in a machine shop and 6" scales are my favorite so I thought this might be a good buy.

He also has them in clear plastic (but is closing them out) which might also be a good thing to have. I'm thinking about buying both.

They are available for O and N gauge too.

They look much easier to read than the ones I have, less clutter.
Maybe I should look at getting a couple too...

I have the standard 12" long scale ruler that has HO, N and O on it (maybe others?) and it's just kind of unwieldy.

I found these on eBay and was wondering if anyone has bought them. I used to work in a machine shop and 6" scales are my favorite so I thought this might be a good buy.

He also has them in clear plastic (but is closing them out) which might also be a good thing to have. I'm thinking about buying both.

They are available for O and N gauge too.

These are the ones I bought some time back

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microscale...31-E-vmf121-/274473140115?hash=item3fe7dfbf93

I also use the printable hobbyist ones www.PrintableRulers.net laminated with packing tape for objects that have round or unusual shapes.

I misplaced, lost, many tools during a move several years ago. Each week I find another tool or something missing. Today it was a scale rule. The one I am missing was about 16" long, it was HO Scale and on one end it had a 6' person for refence for door openings. on the other end there was a couple height measurement. Sadly I can't recall the manufacturer and doing searches here and the web in general can only find multi scale rulers as a replacement. I should not have waited ten years to un-box my train stuff.:mad:

I try to buy stuff cheap enough that I can buy 4 or 5 and then scatter them about , so if I lose or forget where I put it , all I have to do is wander around aimlessly for little while and I 'll find one.
Used to have that problem with screwdrivers but Harbor Freight had those free screwdriver coupons , so now I find them still in the pack 5yrs later...unopened.

Back