Scale Bascule Bridge wins contest

modelbob

Administrator
Bill Young, a St. Helena resident, is a large man; a man of ideas and complexity. Building model railroads and railroad bridges has been his hobby.

Three years ago he wanted to challenge his capabilities. In his quest to find a complicated model railroad project, he came across a Bascule Bridge, a black-iron lift bridge with many parts welded together, similar to the bridge next to AT&T Park in San Francisco. There are only three such operational bridges in North America. Young may have built the only operational replica.

Full story: (but sadly no photos)
http://www.sthelenastar.com/articles/2007/06/14/features/community/doc4670bc07addb7925562355.txt

Thanx for the link Nate, I'll go ahead and embed the image:

I would have, but last time I did that my post was edited because of copyright laws ;) (I had permission in that case and clarified that later, but since I don't know whose site/photo that is, I figure it's a no-no)

I would have, but last time I did that my post was edited because of copyright laws ;) (I had permission in that case and clarified that later, but since I don't know whose site/photo that is, I figure it's a no-no)

Uh-oh, then I guess I better nuke it...oops! :eek:

Uh-oh, then I guess I better nuke it...oops! :eek:
Yeah, basically any/every photo is copyrighted to the owner by default unless they specifically grant permission to reuse it, or the owner distributes it intentionally (even when distributed the owner retains the image rights if desired, but usually since they are trying to promote the image they encourage use of it elsewhere, i.e. stock photos used on retail sites).

Back