Saturday July 2nd, What's Up?

sushob

Entrepreneurial Teen
Well, since I'm up early I figured I kick off the traditional weekend report thread. :) I succeeded in knocking my one and only weathered model off the top of a five foot cabinet yesterday, so I have some repairs to make. Since this was already supposed to be a scrap hauler I'm not too worried about it...I'll just secure the loose pieces and call it a day :D

Actually we're having a picnic tonight, so I'll be getting ready for that before anything else :rolleyes: I will have time to hit the button around 7:00 and upload a couple hundred bags of scenery products to eBay though :D

Have a safe weekend all! Happy 4th!

Gee double ended holiday in North America, July 1st Canada Day and on the 4 th Independance day, me I have visitors till Tuesday so it'll be Wed. before I'm back in the groove. So to All have a Happy and Safe Weekend
Cheers Willis
4.gif
firewrk3.gif
misc51.gif
13.gif
4.gif

Early weekend update for me... I'll have more the end 'o' the weekend (tuesday night for me). She's handlettered, and for a reson, the prototypes wern't perfect. But think, for ease of building, I'll go with custom printed decals next time, makes it faster.

I'll be running some trains this sunday with my "Dad".
He just purchased a little 0-4-0 steamer and tender and we're eager to see what she'll do on the high rails of the the New York and Western! :D

Locomagic, 7330 (l) & 7307 (r) again, look closely at 7307's numberboards, thats the acurate location on these units, now to replicate it on 7330 (I redesigned the way that I was making these between the units).

Last update from me for this weekend, I'm gonna go to the SDMRRM tomorrow, considering it should be partialy empty, get some pics. Then raid Reed's for some CA & Walthers Goo, and BNSF paints, and to order some Athearn Parts... and do a lil painting. Oh how I Love this 4 day weekend! Being broke until tomorrow is beside the point.

BNSF 2460, GP30...

Well folks the visitors have returned to their homes (thankfully) and I can get some modeling and online time in. The pilot/coupler buffer plates arrived but no antennas yet. Looks like I'll end up doing some more cutting to get the buffer plates mounted. Wish I had of known before I cemented the coupler pads in, so if I want it to look ok it'll be cut and then green putty oh well it could have been worse.
Hi Josh, just wondering if the fans on the hood of the SD45-2 are detail parts that can be ordered. The ones on the B.Box Athearn SD's don't look very good, I would like to replace them with something better before painting.
Cheers Willis

Those are actually stock RPP ones, BUT Cannon has some GREAT thinwall, open ones, and the SD40-2's have Detail Associtates fans, which are similar in compairison to the RPP stock ones, um, they're just slightly more detailed then the Athearn stock ones, yet still filled in like the Athearns. I'd suggest investing the extra into Cannon ones. Just do an advancd search at walthers.com for manufacturer Cannon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank's for the tip on the Cannon details, I'll try to get some. The project may not start until the Winter time, but now's the time to look for them.

OK nothing ever goes smoothly! Well I had the mounting pads in place, so mounting as per instructions were out of the question. They wouldn't have fit as per instructions anyway. I cut out a little piece of the pilot for clerance, cut the tabs off the top and filed some off the back of the buffer plate for a flush fit. Great except the hole in the buffer plate isn't large enough for the coupler body or manuver the head and shank through. Also the opening is below the mounting pad which is at the correct height for the #30 series Kadee couplers. Anyway here is what I plan to do, after cuting the pilot its too late to turn back to before buffer plate now. :D

109-0914_IMG.jpg

109-0913_IMG.jpg

All ideas are welcome, as I have no idea of what this is supposed to look like when it's finished, but the coupler will work I'm determined :mad:
Cheers Willis

Back