Santa Fe Sunday

IMG_3366.JPG

Back to front: 2-8-0, 2-10-4, 4-8-4, and 2-10-2

Evening all. I have a great photo of one of my Atlas 8-40BWs in Santa Fe Red&Silver,on my phone.but can't figure out how to transfer it to my computer. So to all here ,this is what I have for Santa Fe, Two 8-40BW's #542& #528, Two GP 60M's #152,113,and one GP 60B. All have sound,and look absolutely AWESOME. Also two Santa Fe cabooses,one Atlas,one Athearn R-T-R . All HO Scale. Sorry to pop in so late,but just wanted to say hello,and hope everyone is okay. Take care all. Peace. William.
I have a similar problem, I just email them to myself from my phone and pick the email up on my computer.

Evening all. I have a great photo of one of my Atlas 8-40BWs in Santa Fe Red&Silver,on my phone.but can't figure out how to transfer it to my computer. So to all here ,this is what I have for Santa Fe, Two 8-40BW's #542& #528, Two GP 60M's #152,113,and one GP 60B. All have sound,and look absolutely AWESOME. Also two Santa Fe cabooses,one Atlas,one Athearn R-T-R . All HO Scale. Sorry to pop in so late,but just wanted to say hello,and hope everyone is okay. Take care all. Peace. William.
With Android just hook you phone to computer via USB cable: you may think of it as the phones power cable. Phone *should* ask ya if it is ok to share, choose yes. Computer should automagicly bring up the Library desktop of which you can select phone by its name ( mine is TodLG51 ), then find DKIM and drill down to Pictures. Choose your pix, then copy and paste to the location on your computer you wish. You may be able to drag and drop also. If you don't want it on your phone, do cut and paste. Somebody with an Apple might have a way to do it with that phone?

With Android just hook you phone to computer via USB cable: you may think of it as the phones power cable. Phone *should* ask ya if it is ok to share, choose yes. Computer should automagicly bring up the Library desktop of which you can select phone by its name ( mine is TodLG51 ), then find DKIM and drill down to Pictures. Choose your pix, then copy and paste to the location on your computer you wish. You may be able to drag and drop also. If you don't want it on your phone, do cut and paste. Somebody with an Apple might have a way to do it with that phone?
Or there’s always the old trick of simply emailing it to yourself and then open your email on your computer. From there you can save it to your computer.

TLOC, from your profile, I assume you are a CN fan ? Do you already have a bunch of the gondolas that you have for sale, or doing something different?
I am more a Central Wisconsin railroading fan. Lived 1/2 mile from the tracks in Central Wisconsin when the Milwaukee Road owned the Valley Sub. Then briefly the Soo when Milwaukee went under into bankruptcy and then the great Wisconsin Central. 2001 saw the CN purchase the Wisconsin Central and all its affiliate. I held onto the WC until about 2016 when I did go completely to CN selling most of my WC locomotives. I now model both the CN and my own free lance Wisconsin River Valley and Terminal RR.

I had some CN gondolas for sale in 2022. Sold 4 real quick in February and 2 in March. The 2 I had online in July did not sell. One with a load one without. Selling online is fickle and you never really know what will sell or not. The amazing thing I see now is graffiti covered HO scale covered hoppers trying to be sold for $2-300.
I am not sure but to model my 2005 and keep the 2 I will need to add the safety stripes. That is my internal debate right now.
C5099321-FF10-43CB-A7CB-4DE80E4387CB.jpeg
60C34B57-3913-4E16-9086-2B5041D5C800.jpeg
8F2574A6-264B-4974-8A19-6B487ED03AB7.jpeg
E2931E00-72B9-40E4-9180-8D27F2EE7E36.jpeg
8368DD34-6E81-4049-94EC-9BF14916CAD8.jpeg
18AF2B48-80EA-4180-ADC1-B054FB51A9EA.jpeg
81AADD83-7E0C-4356-9434-AB900C762DE6.jpeg
E93DDD07-83C3-4B98-A2E0-DB3D9A676C42.jpeg
03747E51-5FB6-4B1D-A3D2-AEC29066A7A6.jpeg
6B813563-C531-4CF8-92E8-219BC2C49053.jpeg

Last edited:
This guy does amazing videos. This one is the old Santa Fe line in Arizona.
This is a great find, and I will keep his videos on my short, short list from now on. Really well done, and I love the music too.

The advent of the affordable drone allows not only access to otherwise difficult to shoot areas, but the down-from-above viewpoint rarely seen until recently and yet pretty much the standard for model railroading in any scale. If N scale modelers in particular wonder whether a move to HO might be in order, a video like this one...which shows these grand sweeping scenic vistas...can remind you why you chose N scale in the first place. Sure reminds me why, anyway.

Of course there's no reason either that you can't model in both. :D

This is is my favorite one he’s done. Great video and, yes, great music!
This one is next on my list. After watching the first one all the way through, I followed that up with his Tehachapi video, and learned quite a bit I hadn't known before.
I had two opportunities back in the early/mid eighties to run trains (weekends, not formal ops) at the Le Mesa MRR club layout in Balboa Park (San Diego) for several months during each visit, so to get a look at the area from above like this is gold.
The La Mesa club is modeling Tehachapi at about 1/2 scale--33'/mile in HO, although greatly foreshortened too in places. When I was there the layout had only been completed from tunnel one half up through tunnel five, and everything west of Ilmon (out to Bakersfield) was bare plywood, but their well known panorama of Caliente had largely been completed. I ran more than my fair share of trains up and down the hill, so I THOUGHT I had a better sense of the terrain there than I really do. But for the drone footage, I still wouldn't know what I didn't know.
Probably the only footage too of a lone unit running light on what is generally a traffic jammed hill.

Back