Santa Fe OMAX unit coal train

Zephyr

Rocket Red
My friend Matt and I stopped by the club last night to run trains. This is the first time I ran my OMAX coal train; I need to do more work on the hoppers and ultimately add coal loads. And of course, I need more hoppers! Only 36 on this train so far...

Enjoy!

img46502qr.jpg

img46514qf.jpg

img46547yw.jpg

img46564qd.jpg

img46587jk.jpg

img46634lv.jpg

img46666zi.jpg

img46696cj.jpg

img46721ti.jpg

img46754pd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great train Zephyr, i'v only got 24 coal bethgons but they go halfway round the garage.
i like the 3175 re badged to SPSF

Thanks Josh and Steve! I hope to add another locomotive to the train once I finish my next custom paint project. And I will be adding another 12 hoppers after I put together my LBF kits. I am going to rebadge these cars for Santa Fe, but keep the reporting marks:
14729rk.jpg

Great-looking coal drag, especially with the helper engine!:cool: Quick question though: Are you using DCC, and if so is the helper 'consisted' with the lead units or controlled independently?

Thanks guys. I am using DCC, but the rear helper is just a dummy. The two units in the front are MU'd together. In the future, once I complete my other 12 hoppers and put in loads, I'll add another powered unit in the rear and have it MU'd with the front ones.

Back