San Diego Model Railroad Museum (SDMRRM)

Thanks for the review Josh. I was at that museum in 2004. Those pictures brought back a bunch of memories. I'd like to go back and take my son.

Thanks again,
Darrin

Great Photos. I was a member of the Lemasa Club for 3.5 years before I moved up here recently. Seeing those pictures makes me home sick to run on that layout. I havnt found a new Layout home up here yet, so it hurts to see it. :D

Im with the rest.. I wanna go. ROAD TRIP! haha seriously thou, thanks for taking the time to take the pictures and then to post them for us all to see and enjoy and of course..drool on

I know who owns those SD35's, he gave me my SD35. His name is Bruce. Tall, older guy in glasses. Doesnt describe much I know, but he was my senior member who watched us teens at the time. :D

I know who owns those SD35's, he gave me my SD35. His name is Bruce. Tall, older guy in glasses. Doesnt describe much I know, but he was my senior member who watched us teens at the time. :D
WRONG! Short stocky guy, had a slight limp. Pretty cool though, took about 45 mins of his time to explain the layout, the prototype & the operations to an Asian couple who could barely speak English...

All the SD40T-2's pictured are Athearn units, with grills replaced with see-troughs.

Im with the rest.. I wanna go. ROAD TRIP! haha seriously thou, thanks for taking the time to take the pictures and then to post them for us all to see and enjoy and of course..drool on
Heh! And thats one of 5 permanent layouts (and two Christmas season Lego ones). I'd shoot the other HO one, but its behind glass that reflects, along with an O & N. The 3 railers would be shootable, but there's hallways more action and more people in their little space.

Great pictures Josh!!
appl.gif

I think this summer I'll head down to the club layout thats in the old train station in chattanooga Tenn. its supposed to be huge too. I read somewhere that they only run trains that have at least 100 cars? I have to goto Knoxville in May, the Choo Choo isnt that much farther south. Might take a day and run down there.

Thanks Josh, again for takin the photos but next time... one word VIDEO haha :)

Thanks Josh, again for takin the photos but next time... one word VIDEO haha :)
Been there done that! I posted in a Video thread, but I'll avoid reposting it, as I think the videos are down right now.

Besides the lighting is, um, lacking.

That's a real cool Layout!!!

I like that!!

I was there twice!

I love your Tehachapi-Layout, that was the reason, why I built Caliente in N-Scale.

Back