Running Bear's September 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not afraid of the IRS even though they are intimidating. I pay my taxes but have been audited 3 years in a row. I was treasurer of a social do-Gooder club in the 80’s. The guy before me was embezzling. $60,000. + over 10 years. I found issues my 1st three months in and reported it. The State IRS was more concerned then Federal so they did quick audits on me and the Club the 3 years I stayed on as Treasurer. The Federal only one year in that time frame.

people IMO are over reacting to PayPal, EBay and others about the tax thing. If we are selling trains, does anyone really think the Federal IRS is coming after them. Nope unless you are a huge brick and mortar shop. The States though are who pushed through those changes. They want the share of sales going through PayPal, EBay, Venmo and others. But if you sell say $5000 on PayPal and your state sales tax is 5% why wouldn’t you pay the $250.

just my thought, YMMV
Tom- thats kind of along the same lines of something that Angela said to me the other day. “I’ve gotta get on the state website & do a tax payment”. She doesn’t add sales tax to the price of her ornaments. We just absorb the 5.5% as a cost of doing business at locations that don’t charge us for the space to sell, like farmer’s markets and social media.

Hey guys.....

I will be out for few days....

My family and I suffered a major loss.

My baby sister was killed in a tragic car accident Tuesday afternoon. She was 51 and left behind 3 boys. I have a lot on my plate. Until things are dealt with funeral etc family ordeals. I am a bit numb and well I am in disbelief.

So I will be back at some point just may pop in to ease my mind etc.

Just heart broken....gotta stay strong for the family. We have an expectation to have up to 1200 people coming. I will be overwhelmed and exhausted but happy to celebrate her life.

Peace
James

Hey guys.....

My baby sister was killed in a tragic car accident Tuesday afternoon. She was 51 and left behind 3 boys. I have a lot on my plate. Until things are dealt with funeral etc family ordeals. I am a bit numb and well I am in disbelief.

Just heart broken....gotta stay strong for the family. We have an expectation to have up to 1200 people coming. I will be overwhelmed and exhausted but happy to celebrate her life.

Peace
James
James, so sorry for such a terrible loss. My heart goes out to you and her family. If you need anything or want to vent let me know

Hey guys.....

Peace
James
James- so sorry to hear of your tragic loss, especially with someone so young. Will keep your & your loved ones in my thoughts & prayers in the coming days and weeks. Check in when you can.

Sorry, Todd

I know you have a beauty with the '86.

Dave
No reason to be sorry!
Went through the chassis of the '86 and replaced front calipers, hubs and rotors, rear brake slave cylinders and hubs, any ball type joint and a couple of the steering rods and links. It is so nice to be able to do that without having those "special tools". Still need to do the steering box as it is pretty loose in which you wiggle going down the road. The guy that had this before me had 1/2 ton hubs on the front with 15" wheels. He had to grind down the outside of the calipers to get the wheels to fit over the hubs...go figure. This is a 3/4 ton '76 frame and chassis and has a 3" lift. Not sure if that lift will stay though. Next fix is getting the Turbo 400 out and replace with a 700r4. We think it will fit in the tranny tunnel without the lift...we will see. Have 4:10/4:11 diffs and with 19" rims and tires you go down the road at 45Mph max @ 3200Rpm. To high for a big block. Even with 35" tires I could only make 55Mph. Will renew the transfer case at that time also. Then I can start to play with the body and interior. I am not a body guy type, so some learning will need to happen here. I know of a couple of spots that need help, but will find out more when I start knocking around on body parts. Interior is pretty clean, old worn plastic, carpet and metal is the most trouble. I have been eye'n new 35's @ almost $2K for tires and rims. Friend that has been giving his $0.02 has one he has been working on and is currently worth $60K. Maybe some day.....

Last edited:
Hey guys.....

Peace
James
I'm so sorry to hear this James. My sincere condolences to you and your whole family.

Hello on this Friday morning. Yesterday was nice, good to see a friend, super weather and good food at a great place we will miss.

The Milwaukee Ale House is in the 3rd Ward a few blocks away from the Summerfest grounds, a block from Milwaukee’s Public Market and right on the Milwaukee River is closing after 25 years on the 11th. We will miss it. Even though the schedule was changed by Terry’s friend I did get to Hiawatha Hobbies.

Weathering of freight cars and being hopeful I can get the rails down in the transload facility this weekend. We have a ceremony before tonight’s Volleyball game celebrating the NCAA champions the UW Women and a game after the ceremony. Wisconsin volleyball is nuts anyway, the ceremony will Jack the crowd up even more. Terry is pumped and ready, it’s fun but give me a hockey game!

We watch the grandkids tomorrow as the parents leave at 2 for the 1st football game of the season with a 7pm start. Sunday we will hit the taste of Madison depending on the weather.

Sitting on the south deck in the morning has been non existent the last 10 days. I have been on the north deck. Weather today: 70 now, 87 later, feels like it wants to rain but no % higher then 9 till 10pm. We shall see.

enjoy the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back