Running Bear's September 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all,

At the office. I can sit here as well as sitting at home. I am doing better this morning.
Currently 58° and cloudy in Doo-Dah this morning. Supposed to get to 80° later. At least it's a half day...

Gotta try to mow later, so the front will get the rider as I didn't mow last week due to not being able to move. Wife still home with her copy of Covid. She talked with the youngest daughter last night, who's upset I went to work...Still coughing and hacking some. I do have a real office with a door and walls, so not really spreading as much as one would think. Besides I got it from someone here anyway...We don't go anywhere.

Gary: Stay safe.
Thanks Patrick!

My house rule is that the temperature is always between 68-75. I don't care what it costs!
I'm happy with my choice to buy a house less than 1/10th of the price of what our realtor said we could afford.
If my old battered and beaten body gets a chill some old injury will remind me of when it first happened. I still don't regret all the years of playing sports. I would love to do it all over again!
If I get too warm my internal problems will suffer. I do regret punishing my body by having so much fun. Although I do have many great memories and more I can't quite remember.
Burning wood is too much work for me, making money is easier. I can easily pay double my monthly energy bill in a few hours. God knows what would happen if I tried to chop enough wood to keep us warm.

Safe travels Willie.

Popped the "good" knee. Think based on what hurts have a torn meniscus. No need to go to the emergency room, as there isn't much they are going to do.
Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that.
Control the swelling the best way that works for you.
Hold on going down the steps. If that torn bit gets in the wrong place, it could cause so much pain your knee will give out.
I have had most of mine removed from my left knee. It bothers me less than the right.

Cold on the golf course today. I may be headed downstairs to the train room very soon. I bought $900,00 worth of new flooring for the living room. I used my veteran's 10% discount otherwise it would have cost me $1000.00. I'll be installing it in a few days.
George

living_room_floor.jpg

Afternoon All,

Did chores then put water in the freezer and checked all our battery operated lights and fans. If the storm continues this way then Sunday I'll bring things inside. I did manage to solder the remaining 2 resistors and then tested the signals in all aspects. After lunch I helped out with book fair break down. After that we went to ALDI and the bread store finally getting gas in the vehicles.

Thank you for the photo likes yesterday.

James- You did very well for yourself. It all looks great.

Dave- Very nice video and photos.

Patrick- I qualify as a sicko also :D. Good luck with your knee.

Troy- Have a good time, yep, the humidity can be a bear.

Gary- Hope you stay safe.

Guy- The color is good. It reminds me of creosote. I use strip wood for my ramps covered by thin styrene.

Willie- Nice layout scenes.

George- Been there done that many times.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good morning all from East Central MN

Patrick - good to hear you are doing better!

James - I love the new tractor, didn't notice that was a purchase you made!

Dave PV - Yours is fine but does it come in green and yellow? 😁

Jazz - Ken - I have burned wood all my life, or at least 55 years of it 'cept a few years we lived in an apartment, and the secret to a good fire is DRY WOOD. Nice, solid, dry wood will put out tons of heat. Well, it is good to have a fairly tight stove as well. A really good stove will be air tight when the door is shut and the air that fuels the stove will come down the chimney. Ken does have a good point in that if you need more air, it is best to get it from outside the house. We get all our wood from our own land so pretty efficient, I believe, also it is hauled in a wheelbarrow which provides excellent strength and aerobic workout.

THANKS to all who watched my video, yes Boris that is an old Varney. I have two, however haven't worked over the other one yet.

Had this beautiful view greet me when I arrived to work this morning:

View attachment 152147

Here is a train photo, too, my SW-1 at the Feed Mill

View attachment 152148

back later, Dave LASM
Dave: Thought so, something about the Varney 2-8-0, that causes it to be distinct. Bowser sold them later, but they were lost behing the PRR steamers they acquired from Penn Line. Is that a Walthers Roco SW-1 or an old Lindberg / Revell? Just curious. There were some interesting products back in the early 60s some actually OO scale. Beautiful sunrise.

Cold on the golf course today. I may be headed downstairs to the train room very soon. I bought $900,00 worth of new flooring for the living room. I used my veteran's 10% discount otherwise it would have cost me $1000.00. I'll be installing it in a few days.
George

View attachment 152169
George: It's a bit darker than what I put in my kitchen last summer. Very nice. 10% discount and 0% financing for 12 months saved me a pretty penny. We are very happy with ours.

And now, the rest of the story. Currently, 54° after a very bright sunny day with a high of 65°.
I had a great deal of trouble getting out of bed this morning. back hip and leg pain was brutal. I slep
t on my side, which didn't help. After I managed some stiff legged stretches, i began to limber up, and made it to the bathroom to pee and grab some tylenol. Then I made it down the steps and to my recliner, where I tried to nap until the Tylenol kicked in. I made some coffee, and completely confused the kitty, who is used to the wife getting up on demand and feeding her. Eventually, I did a few more stretches, showered, and the wife drove me to an early PT session.
The therapist spent most of the time massaging my lower back and legs, my muscles are extremely tight...and limited me to lower back stretches. I returned home to an early lunch, then spent the bulk of the afternoon napping and using a heating pad. I have three sessions scheduled for next week, and I imagine it will be more of the same. I see the Doc on 3 October, and we will go from there. Not happy with the regression.

Going to relax this weekend, with just enough activity to keep moving during the day.

As of two minutes ago, Aaron Judge still has not hit #61. Red Sox and Yanks tied 4-4. game an Apple TV exclusive.:( O's still alive (barely), lead Houston 1-0 on a Rutchmann Solo Homer. That kid is going to be a star. Devils held first scrimmage this morning. First preseason game Monday in Montreal. Looking for mostly rookies trying to make team. Team has a lot of depth on paper.

Have a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back