Running Bear's September 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness ME! It is 66F/18.8C starting this morning -- another HOT one coming today of 101F/38.3C with clear and sunny skies! Just for fun - the record high for this date was 103F in 2003.

Nice photos this morning, CHRISTIAN -- I need to see some of that weather and breathe the crisp air. 7,5 miles walk ... I couldn't do it! My hip would just not cooperate; I start having pain after a half mile and much over that leaves me on the ground. I bet that your pups really enjoy it! Are they on, or off leash?

Hope all of you are doing as best you can this morning. I really don't have anything new to report. The Spousal Unit has left me again to go with her Sister somewhere in Northern CA to a HS friends 50th Wedding Anniversary. She will be, hopefully, return come next Tuesday. I have several "home projects" that I will try and accomplish while I have the run of the house.
I get to leave the tools all over the place! YAY!

Sherrel,

Dr. Tom here. Sore hips while walking.

I was told 2 things, walk more and drink MORE water. In my case the more water does help.

There also was a doctor once who told me a third thing. He called it pre-loading, take 2 Tylenol 30 minutes prior to the walk.

TomO

Good morning from the cold tundra of Wisconsin. Fall returns at 2pm today and it feels like it. 49at 7am and currently 54 with a high of 66f degrees.

Other then a Farmers Market this morning there are no plans for the day. We have finalized dinner, fish but what kind is Terry’s choice. I will find out later if I grill outside or she handles it inside.

No progress yesterday on the layout or slot track. None for today either. I have however gotten some weathering started on a trio of pieces of rolling stock. I have all the couplers, wheelsets and trucks of the rolling stock weathered. Yesterday I started the fade effect for 3 black colored pieces and I want to do the final 3 black pieces today.

Have a wonderful day
TomO

94A6FF62-FEA9-4410-8680-CE4BB9D09206.jpeg

Good morning ....

Everybody : ...... Thanks for the numerous likes on my photo of tractors on flatcars .

Willie : .... I have painted some figures. It is really tedious work. The dry goods store looks good in that location.

Toot : ...... You have been rather quiet lately. Good to see your humorous remark today.

Sherrel : ...... Home alone, eh? .... I know when my wife goes out of town, she leaves with a list of honey do projects. The nerve. ... Like you, I can't walk long distances because my body won't let me. I have a bad back and a heart condition.

Christian : .... Glad you had an enjoyable walk in the country with your dogs.

Model railroading: .... I have had several ideas for new projects, and I decided to act on one of them. I ordered stuff I will be needing to put together another prototypically correct Burlington passenger car.

Other stuff: ..... I went to the dermatologist who took care of minor skin cancer. Always something.

Good Morning all! Well we awoke to some great weather. Temp was 68, humidity 62% and dew point 54. The weather seers are saying 4 to 5 days like this before the heat returns.

Terry - Again, our condolences. A little prayer has been said.
Christian - Nice pics. Looks somewhat like the peat bogs in Ireland.
Willie - McC's came out pretty neat.
Garry - Like the tractor loads. I too used thread to emulate tie downs for a road grader on a flat car.

Yesterday I rolled the die for an operating session. It does seem to work quite well. I do need to add 2 to 4 more cars to the switch list.

STAY SAFE
LATER

Man,

Phone call from the wife, she's being shaken down by a boy scout selling popcorn and needed me to talk to him..."Grandpa, if you buy 40 bags of this $60 popcorn, I can get the prize I want...A Nintendo Switch Lite". $2400 for popcorn or $200 for the Switch Lite...He said, "I'd do either". Takes after his uncle. 😄

not around much recently. But last 2 wkends were with lots of others reshingling a friends home. about 48 bundles worth. and a new venting system called lo-omni30. bundles all handled by hefty feller. up 4 ft of the ladder so could be extracted off his shoulder. tractor loader or conveyer sure would have been a lot nicer. being I was the eldest, I was kind of the gopher, and ridge cap cutter

Good evening gang.
Sudden storm came up a suppertime tonght. Our patio umbrella did a Mary Poppins and flew over the house to land in the front yard! There we found several 6-8 inch thick branches from our silver maple laying about.
Looks like Saturday is chain saw and wood chipper time

Terry, peace be with you and the family .🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

L8ter

Howdy... I'd type more but I'm talking myself horse each day. Sucking on Ricola cough drops. May walk down to the grocery tomorrow to see if they have throat coat tea. If not, then lemon tea and honey.

And more Ricola... and some red vines if they exist this far from the west coast.

Seminars start tomorrow, so hopefully less talking from me.

Networking is going well. We had to put color coded stickers on our name tags to let others know if handshakes and hugs were allowed. I went with green (allowed).

At least one woman (of Amazon stature) was making a point to hug everyone with the green (allowed) sticker... I was a tad shocked when she did so to me. I'm not used to 6 ft tall women in heals hugging me. Oh well.

Masking is hit or miss in the public areas, though convention organizers are asking the seminar rooms be mask required. Though I suspect that will morph into "strongly suggested"

Most of those not masking readily volunteer that they are vaxxed. One woman even admitted to a double dose of Pfizer, and still got a mild break-through case two weeks ago. For her, the vax worked in preventing serious disease. Which is what it's supposed to do.

Most of us are in the we're vaxxed, we're being careful and respectful of others, but want to live our lives. Most of us do seem to be respecting those with the red stickers (no touch, hug, nor handshake) and masking up if we want to be close enough to talk to them.

Time for bed. Need to get my beauty sleep. but, there's not enough time for that to work. So I'll just go for the normal night of rest. ;)

Morning all,

49° and clear this morning. Supposed to get to the mid-80's today. Yesterday was nice, but I couldn't get out of the building to enjoy it
Vendor meetings on the stuff we have coming up in the next year and then having to figure out why fingerprint readers for the police cars won't work. Too many VPN's trying to communicate to the machines at the same time and the state's computers are setup to talk to our VPN system. The state is the easy part, I have to figure out whether our current firewalls can assign static addressing to the car computers. If so, I have to make that happen and then forward the particular data to the state computers through our existing link. Otherwise we'll have to wait until we get the new firewalls in the next year or two. Problems with wanting to be bleeding edge.

Can I retire yet? 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back