Running Bear's September 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willie: Corrected the number. I must have not held the Alt key when entering the temp this morning, however anything over about 72° is way too hot.

Sherrel: I forgot to mention that there really isn't a lot of difference in price between the "Full-size" and "Mid-size" trucks. When I bought the '09 Colorado, there was $1500 sticker price difference between what I bought (base model Work Truck with Automatic Transmission) and the base model Full size. Options and packages are where they really get you. Sad when to get a truck with a "work" engine you have to have the top of the line everything else.

So I was reading where Jess Bezos was taking the Pope, the President and a 10 year old boy on a secret humanitarian trip when the engine failed on their plane. They looked around and saw that there were only three parachutes available. The President declared that since he was the leader of the country, he should get one and jumped first. Jeff Bezos said that since he was the world's richest person, he would go next so he could help poorer people. The Pope looked at the young boy, and said that he was an old and feeble man and had helped others all of his life, while the young boy had a full life ahead of him; so he told the boy to take the last parachute and save himself. But no the young boy exclaimed, there's two parachutes left. The first guy took my backpack!

I need a small backdrop for my little switching layout. Something like that (see below). What's the best way to build it ? Thanks.

index.php

So I was reading where Jess Bezos was taking the Pope, the President and a 10 year old boy on a secret humanitarian trip when the engine failed on their plane. They looked around and saw that there were only three parachutes available. The President declared that since he was the leader of the country, he should get one and jumped first. Jeff Bezos said that since he was the world's richest person, he would go next so he could help poorer people. The Pope looked at the young boy, and said that he was an old and feeble man and had helped others all of his life, while the young boy had a full life ahead of him; so he told the boy to take the last parachute and save himself. But no the young boy exclaimed, there's two parachutes left. The first guy took my backpack!

Oldie but goodie!

Good morning ....

Christian ..... For backdrops, I suggest you look at those made by Faller. The sky on their backdrops always looks real. My advice if you get them is don't use water-based wallpaper paste, but instead us spray on adhesive such as 3M 77.

Willie ..... We can only imagine what it would be like if that joke really did happen. :D

Terry ..... Continued prayers for your daughter in law.

Here is a bridge I included on my current layout. I made many years ago for a previous layout from a Campbell kit with all wooded parts.

51443417264_cf799b9efe_h.jpg

Good morning. I am still in the kitchen ending my fast after visiting the Clinic this morning. Everything is pretty good and except for the recent weight gain as the vitals are in the normal range. Gained 27#’s and now weigh 207 after a difficult journey to lose weight, now to do it again. Need to again stick to a exercise scheme and beg my wife to slow down on baking. 3 months to gain 27# when it took 18 months to lose 63. Doctor laughed though she said she’ll bet 90% of her patients have have gained 20#’s or more in the Pandemic. She was extremely happy with my results. She deleted one prescription and reduced 2 others. My Endro is in India till Xmas so the GP looked at my lab results on the diabetes, A1C is at 6.3.

Trains, nothing done yesterday but the plan was today to finish off the trucks on the rolling stock for weathering. A possible LHS run as he is celebrating 17 years with 30% off everything (normal is 20%) except Athearn new stock. I have been looking at some Summitt modern buildings for years now, maybe…

The kids have an offer on their house as do their best friends and neighbors. They will be moving into our house and then Terry with a bit of input from me will decide what we do next. Our place at our age is ridiculously too big. The best friends already purchased a piece of property from us and the foundation is in for that. They also are building an earth sheltered home.

Trains, the layout will stay for the grandkids and me as it doesn’t interfere in any other room. The slot tracks will be given to 2 of the Boys and Girls clubs in Dane County. I have promised the SIL that he and I will build a bigger and better one but no more then 3 lanes this time. He wants 5 lanes but in my mind that takes away from the realness of the track, but I could narrow down the lanes except around the start finish line or the front stretch.

We have 6 apartment complexes left and had a fight with the new attorney yesterday. He didn’t think I was selling to employees the right way, way too cheap since we do the financing. Finally Terry told him yesterday in her office that if he couldn’t work with us we can find another attorney. We have been selling to employees for years now as we don’t keep buildings after 8 years. We always give them 1st chance. If he doesn’t have the contracts our way next Tuesday he will be done. Our attorney we used for 40 years retired in July. Goofy lawyers know everything.

Covid, the grandkids results are in, negative and went back to school this morning. But school now wants them tested weekly for the next 30 days. The SIL showed positive and was heading to the Clinic for a noon appointment in full PPE gear. We are so relieved about the grandkids and the SIL has no symptoms but tested positive. The daughter is negative and would like to stay that way.

I think you can tell I am pretty relieved about things today and doing catch up on my things. Thanks for reading the ramblings and enjoy your day

TomO

PATRICK -Thanks for the reply! Eyed a couple of brand new Colorado's at different shopping areas yesterday - one was White, the other was Red. They sure were good looking trucks! I just don't want a "monster" truck that I need a step to get into. Both my BIL's have a F-250 (8 years old) and a new GMC; I's impossible to lift something over into the bed - The rung is eye level. I'm not making any sudden moves on anything.
TERRY suggested a Toyota and I have a friend in Arkansas whoi has driven T's his whole life - wouldn't have anything else!
Just rambling and getting opinions.

TomO - There's an old saying that Lawyers can F^up a wet dream! How well I know that first hand!

Howdy .....

Joe ..... I'm concerned you might be unable to post because of Hurricane Ida affecting where you live a few days ago. I hope you and your family are okay.

Thanks, everybody, for the likes and comments for my post with picture of an SD7 on a bridge. The backdrop actually is two of them. The top part with blue sky and clouds is Faller. The lower part with hills is Walthers which has a light color sky which I mostly cut off. The area between backdrops is where I painted my own sky which is mostly clouds.

Garry-
I feel about like a 1911 model myself. I am not in as good a shape as the model. A lot of my joints and other parts are worn out and rusty.
Mikey .... I know what you mean.

Tom O .... Actually, I lost about 30 pounds over the past two years. Maybe, I'm part of the 10% who did not gain weight during the pandemic.

Everybody ........ Have a nice evening

Last edited:
PATRICK -Thanks for the reply! Eyed a couple of brand new Colorado's at different shopping areas yesterday - one was White, the other was Red. They sure were good looking trucks! I just don't want a "monster" truck that I need a step to get into. Both my BIL's have a F-250 (8 years old) and a new GMC; I's impossible to lift something over into the bed - The rung is eye level. I'm not making any sudden moves on anything.
TERRY suggested a Toyota and I have a friend in Arkansas whoi has driven T's his whole life - wouldn't have anything else!
Just rambling and getting opinions.

TomO - There's an old saying that Lawyers can F^up a wet dream! How well I know that first hand!

Sherril. Ive got a 2nd gen Colorado and I love the thing! 305 horses, 4wd. Leather guts. 7,500 lb towing capacity. When I got it I was retiring my S10 and my Impala. This truck is the best of both.
20200729_201200.jpg

Last edited:
Good Afternoon all! A rare day in Texas indeed. I spent the entire afternoon completing the punch list on my generator shed and barely sweat. The temp is near 90 but the humidity is down in the low 50's. Nice day. Tomorrow I'll add oil and fuel and fire up the generator for the first time.
Sorry no train time to report.

STAY SAFE

LATER

Well, howdy there internet peeps.

Thought I'd share supper -

View attachment 132221

Wait Troy I’m filling my car up and heading for the Hoosier. I’m be there in about 5 hrs that Apple crisp looks very good.

Wings cooked on the kamado joe with the slo-roller for good smoke.

Now, I'm not a big chicken fan, but I'm trying to branch out and cook more than steaks and burgers

Tossed these in Sweet Baby Rays Honey BBQ sauce.

Afterward, wife made apple crisp, which we had a la mode.

Kinda makes up for burning my arm on the grill (stupid move, minor 1st degree - but ouch!) when I was reaching past it.

View attachment 132222

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back