Running Bear's September 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy....

Joe (Boris) ..... I have not seen you here since Hurricane Ida passed through New Jersey, and I hope you are okay !

Willie ....... Congratulations on your anniversary. The Tichy fence looks like another good product.

Mikey ..... I definitely like the 1911 Model T.

Steve (Dakota) .... That wiring reminds me of my layout before changing to DCC. I still have lots of unneeded toggle switches. Good to see you could run a locomotive on your module.

Terry ...... Sorry to hear about your daughter in law. Prayers for her. ..... Glad you still have humor to share ( Hercules , LOL )

Jaz ..... This place is going to the dogs. LOL .

Speaking of dogs, here is my whimsical scene with Cruella De Vil.

48143006566_25aa5f1586_k.jpg

DAVE - Great to see you back. Got any plans for that piece of rail? Maybe an outdoor 1:1 layout, lol.
I have noticed that everything seems to be heavier these days - even a 5 gal can of gasoline.
Sherrel, I welded a short piece of chain on each end and will use it to drag behind the tractor til I get a scraper box. I have (2) 10' lengths of mine cart rail that I'm trying to decide what to do with.
On the RVs, I have a 30' Automate 5th wheel that I havent had out for almost 4 years. I dont like having to reserve a site 6 months in advance then sitting next to some guys sewer hose...... I keep it now for emergency fire evacuation. You know...loaded with water, clothes, beer, wine, Jameson, sardines, Cheetos and other necessary survival stuff.

All you automotive peeps!
Who builds the better MID-SIZE P/U -- Ford or Chevy? I'm talking about a mid-size one.
Maybe a lease?
Thinking towards a SMALL travel trailer?
Toyota…
Seriously, the Ford model has some issues, and I haven’t researched the solutions completely. If all of them are turbo-equipped (ecoboost), I’d stay away from them. Short-term, they’re great, with good power and economy. Long-term, there are concerns about the powerplant wearing out or the turbo failing because they are being asked to do too much. Kind of like the v12 engines in GE’s gevo engines. I can’t remember the last time I saw one of those without the scars from a turbo fire.
The little GM is very nice, though I had transmission troubles on both of the ones I had. If you get one or either, get the extended warranty, because powertrain repairs have become prohibitively expensive.

Good Morning all! Quite warm, but it's a dry heat. Bull feathers, 95 under a glaring sun is hot no matter what.
Flo, breakfast tacos please, with coffee. The latest report says 3 cups of coffee are good in the prevention of heart failure. Cannot be decaf. If you wait a few weeks the report will be coffee is bad for your heart. Kind a like eggs, yes they are good, no they are not. Me, I just go with everything in moderation.
Willie - Happy anniversary. It appears September was a good month for weddings. Sept. 17 will be our 55th.
Sherrel - I gotta go with Terry, Toyota. I drive a Tacoma that's 8 years old and it still puts a smile on my face to be behind the wheel. I believe with a tow package you get 5,000 lbs. towing.
Terry - Prayer for your family.
Christian - I have read where folks have found photos on the internet of scenes that match their ideas, enlarge if needed and print out. then glue to your back board, or maybe some cardboard behind the layout. There is always the option of just buying one that fits your needs.
Jaz -Nice dogs, both the real and the modeled.

So it's off to the grocery store, the conductress has made a small list, not.

STAY SAFE
LATER

Good Morning! Late morning, that is. 55f with a wee bit of rain falling. It's still a wonderful day!

Anniversaries!! I don't celebrate them, either. I treat them just like another wonderful day, just like I do holiday's and Monday's. The way I have it figured; she married me, so it's her fault. Now she's stuck with the goods whether she likes it or not. - Besides, I don't think she wants to be reminded every year.

I believe I'm going to take a few days off. Lots going on right now that swallows up my time.
Just for the sake of planting a photo, though; this one has been sitting in a folder for quite awhile. I can't remember why it's still in that file. Usually, though, photos are in that file because I had intended to post it.
Anyway, here it is. Just another CN engine:
07-13-2021 (3).JPG

There, now I can put it in a storage file.

Everyone, have a great day!!!

House update

Last week, Thursday and Friday we got started with the first layer (I believe I posted that) and Saturday and Monday we got a lot done with the days off. This week at lunch my son and I have been going up for 90-150 minutes to get something done and make forward progress. I have to work the day job still, of course, and he has his college classes and homework in the morning and later afternoon/evening his UPS job so we doa bit on a long lunch break. The attached photos show where we are at as of yesterday.

All the first layer block is down, except where we have to cut blocks. We did a few of those and then I decided to wait until the end so that we can measure and remeasure and measure yet again using the Bosch outdoor laser measurer to make sure everything is absolutely correct, then we'll cut the blocks to fill in the small spaces. We've been putting metal brackets on the footings to hold the corners in place, starting this past weekend and doing more brackets as we go this week. Today we'll try and get the last few corners, and maybe some straight sections that have Ts, bracketed to keep them in place. Then tomorrow/Saturday tie up all the rebar that is underneath the first layer, and then get the top rebar on the first layer and start laying the second layer. Second layer is a lot faster as we only have to "clip" the blocks together on top instead of both top and bottom, and there is only a "top" layer of rebar to lay, and not many measurements as the first layer was all measured and laid.

IMG_4959.jpegIMG_4960.jpeg

Well howdy there Internet MRR Peeps... and especially Christian

This post is for you, good sir.

I'm reading my latest copy of Model Railroader Magazine, and came across this article. Looks like something that may fit your space needs.

HiddenRR.jpg

I'm not sure if MRR Magazine has a French Language version, but you can always visit their online store. Perhaps try their free 30day trial of video content and back issues electronically.

And then hide all the knives and garden clippers because we all know what you will lose next. Reminder: Lorrina Bobbitt

Tom
I do not know Lorraine Babbitt but I’m guessing that it won’t be ‘fishing’ tackle that you need to worry about, I must say selling the rv behind your back was mean,not sure favourite earrings cut the mustard, on the other hand if my other half sold my favourite anything I would never forgive I can bear a grudge, I know it is a shortcoming I know it, but I still bear the grudge…

I do not know Lorraine Babbitt but I’m guessing that it won’t be ‘fishing’ tackle that you need to worry about, I must say selling the rv behind your back was mean,not sure favourite earrings cut the mustard, on the other hand if my other half sold my favourite anything I would never forgive I can bear a grudge, I know it is a shortcoming I know it, but I still bear the grudge…
Lorena Bobbitt

Well it is afternoon in Wisconsin and the 2 grandkids are waiting for their Covid test results. The SIL who has 2 jabs did test positive and was notified this morning but says he feels fine. So he is now isolated in the office/apartment on the 2nd floor of the stables. The daughter is trying to stay sane with the kids who thankfully can go outside but not to school. They can’t go ride the horses either in case they test positive for Covid the animals can get it also.

Terry made a ton of glutton free cookies and muffins for them and dropped it off in their garage this morning. It is quiet without my sister and Terry’s friend. We are going out to ride about 5, I can’t wait, (not).

Have a great afternoon.

TomO

At 12:30 PM & I just finished unloading all the "stuff" from the RV and climbed in the shower.
The Temp is 94 and the humidity is 40% - The way I was sweating - I thought it was much higher. Humidity normally would be in the 20's this time of day and maybe 15 or so by mid afternoon. As Hughie says: Bull Feathers! It's danged hot!

No worries, JAZ, we had talked about possibility of selling it - I just didn't know t was going to happen so fast, but as someone said: Strike while the Iron is Hot! & after all, SWMBO had been making the payments & I am happy to maybe see her not have to work as hard - although, knowing her, she will just book another cruise with her traveling sister ... all is good.
Lorraine Babbitt
JAZ - First off it was LORENA BOBBITT!! Ms Bobbitt whacked off her husband's tally-whacker ater years of abuse -- happened in 1993.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back