Running Bear's September 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening. It's 70, and mostly dark.

I'm starting to get extremely frustrated at our dog, who has decided her bathroom is wherever she feels the urge. She's also deaf, so yelling at her does nothing.
I've spoken to the vet, and the vet says it's just part of having an older dog. Umm, an older dog with dementia, severe arthritis, several tumors, and extreme incontinence.... I'm not one to give up easily, but the quality of life for the dog, as well as me having to take care of her, clean up puddles and piles every five minutes, along with dealing with my wife's issues, has me ready to scream.
Oh, let's not forget my employer who insisted I have the hospital bill me directly for my workers comp injuries for him to reimburse, who hasn't paid a dime yet. And the hospital hasn't bothered sending me a bill, only emails demanding payment. "just log in to your account and pay your bill using credit, debit, or e-check from your bank account"...
I'd run away to join the circus, but I feel like I'm already there.

Good evening gang!

Here's a few pics to entertain you tonight from the archives. All I did MR wise today was to build an Alloy Forms 1950 Chevrolet Fleetline and start on an Alloy Forms 46 Plymouth Coupe. Oh I also replaced a fried Atlas Dual Mode decoder with an NCE DASR. What i wanted to talk about though is trees. That's the one this all these pics have in common are the trees. I like to use a large variety of trees, both evergreen and deciduous. What I am thinking of doing is starting another tread on making killer foreground trees with a little plant I have found commonly known in the floral industry as Candytuft or Sugarbush. I have found it is only available at certain times of the year already preserved and in different shades of green. I like to use them as foreground trees, and let the Woodland scenics trees and Supertrees fill in behind them. Plus I can make them as tall as I like.

Any interest??

blackdiamondexpress.jpg
Station 903.jpg
20150411_224116.jpg
left1.jpg

Good evening gang!

Here's a few pics to entertain you tonight from the archives. All I did MR wise today was to build an Alloy Forms 1950 Chevrolet Fleetline and start on an Alloy Forms 46 Plymouth Coupe. Oh I also replaced a fried Atlas Dual Mode decoder with an NCE DASR. What i wanted to talk about though is trees. That's the one this all these pics have in common are the trees. I like to use a large variety of trees, both evergreen and deciduous. What I am thinking of doing is starting another tread on making killer foreground trees with a little plant I have found commonly known in the floral industry as Candytuft or Sugarbush. I have found it is only available at certain times of the year already preserved and in different shades of green. I like to use them as foreground trees, and let the Woodland scenics trees and Supertrees fill in behind them. Plus I can make them as tall as I like.

Any interest??

View attachment 132045View attachment 132046View attachment 132047View attachment 132048
Wow, that first photo requires a second look. Not a lot gives away it's a model.

Morning all,

Clear and 70° this morning with a high in the mid-90's predicted. Cool front late this afternoon or early evening will have our temp tomorrow in the mid-80's, then back to summer.

I was at the daughter's yesterday hanging door trim. 6 of 11 doors done in under 3 hours. The other doors haven't been hung yet. By the time I got home last night, I was tired. I will say that buying the battery brad nailer made hanging oak trim go quick. I'm used to having to predrill so I don't split the material. I told the daughter on Saturday that she needed 4-0 steel wool between the finish coats on the trim to make it smooth. His cabinet guy suggested the abrasive sponge type sanders. Needless to say the steel wool was better as it fills the curves and smooths the finish quickly and evenly. Old man is good for something and one trick my father-in-law didn't teach me.

Time for a coffee and a stack of pancakes and sausage this morning. I've got some time before my new hire gets here.

As I have said before, the trip was interrupted by the 9/11 attacks
We all remember that day sadly, I took some visitors in and drove them after a couple days to the Maine border where their son picked them up. The Canadian airports were crazy with all the landed aircraft.

As for the fish factory, I have eaten there as well. My view is nicer in the pic below, we were up by the yellow building in the top right of the below pic:

1631015687352.png

Good Morning All. Clear skies and an incredibly low 65°. It was only forecast to get to 71° overnight so this is a surprise. However it is expected to get to 95° later today. Sunny, hot and dry is the 10-day forecast.
The grilled pork chops were delicious last night.
IMG_7594.JPG

IMG_7595.JPG

Thanks as always for the comments and likes regarding the vacant lot yesterday; Christian, Lee, Karl, Guy, Gery, Rick, Hughie, Tom O, Chet, Curt, Garry, Tom, Jaz, Sherrel, Chad, Patrick.

Eggs over easy and a handful of bacon today Flo. OJ and a whole wheat English Muffin on the side.

For some reason, I didn't spend a lot of time in the train shed yesterday, but I did add a few minor details to the fenced-in vacant lot. Another sapling, an old discarded tire and a sign on the front fence.
IMG_7592 (2).JPG

Otherwise I just took some pictures for the blog, including this aerial view of downtown Maultown.
IMG_7590 (2).JPG

Karl - I always took vacation one day at a time on Fridays. By the time that I retired it was four weeks but was by then it was called "Paid time off" and included sick time.
So where's the pictures of the Alloy Forms vehicles???
Guy - Oftentimes, vacant commercial property in larger metropolitan areas around here, is fenced off because of liability issues.
In our county, dove and duck hunting season opened last week. White-tailed deer is November 6.
I don't think that the truck looks all that bad with the HO figures.
Chet - Good luck with the property hunting. Be careful, if you go too far north, you'll be rubbing shoulders with Guy. While that in itself wouldn't be bad, it gets much colder there.
Terry - I absolutely hate it when businesses say "log into your account". I don't do accounts! I receive and pay my bills by mail, and write a check. Saturday I received an E-mail from the mail-order pharmacy that I use which informed me that they couldn't refill a diabetes medication because they couldn't contact my Part "B" provider, presumably Medicare. I have to log into my non-existent account for details. They have been the sole provider of the medication for three years now!

Today is National Beer Lovers Day. I'll be toasting to that several times later on. If you don't hoist one, then I'll have one for you as well.
Everybody have a great day. Stay safe and celebrate at home.

Morning fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Had three days off and hardly no trains for me. Just didn't find the time to get around to them. I did clean up around the layout some. Attempted to fix one of my Geeps. Seems I have a drive shaft that has a noticeable bounce to it. I don't know if that plays a part in it's slow speed performance or not. Wheels are in gauge. Gears are tight. I can't find any binding in the axles themselves. I'd assume it's a drive issue. I did go as far as swapping out the motors as well. So that's all that remains that I have observed.
IMG_20210907_084224896~2.jpg
Purchased a new travel mug from the C&O Historical Society to carry my coffee in.
IMG_20210906_204725131_HDR~2.jpg
Throttles I have settled on for the layout. The Tech 4 has seen some better days. It is only 14 years old and has survived several moves. Still works as good as it did brand new. Use the CM20 for all the switching and moving around.
20210601_223032.jpg
Finish my post with a layout shot. Hope everyone has a good day. I stop by again when I get a chance.

Good morning from the breezy south deck in So. Central Wisconsin.

Flo, please may I have a western omelette with a diet A/W root beer, no toast, thanks.

I guess I wasn’t the only one worn out in the house this weekend. Company all gone by 10am yesterday but for my sister and Terry’s friend. They are still sleeping at 8am Central time. I came out on the deck at 6:45 today, very quiet as the birds are not around yet.

Other then a horse ride that I will join the ladies on after dinner tonight there are no plans. Tomorrow my sister has a 9am flight to California and I took her 2 suit cases to UPS early Saturday morning. The friend Pat will also leave tomorrow morning.

enjoy the day
TomO

here is LeRoy telling the CN driver to wake up
6217D128-CB4E-4631-BF12-D7FD7B954E8D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back