Running Bear's September 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Mid Morning from the far SW!
Finally a decent night's sleep - and the pups didn't come alive until I started stirring; I had better check and see if they are ill?
OK, after a 101 high yesterday they are calling for a 105 today! All I can say is that I am glad to have a solar system hooked up to the electric grid. There is a local community/city website and this time of year people are complaining over the 400/700 dollar SCE power bills each month - yet many foo-foo the cost or lease payments of installing solar. I leased (should have bought) - my cost is $118 a month and that is a lot better than the tier 3 cost of $.33 KWH that those folks are stuck with. Tier 1 is a joke unless you don't have a/c and go to bed at sundown and get up at daybreak. Tier 2 is a 50% increase and then Tier 3 is another 50% higher ... I not sure but I think that is about twice as much as most everywhere in the rest of the country? I noticed that gasoline here is exactly twice what Mississippi is!

Thoroughly disgusted with the debate last evening ... The Spousal Unit was too, however she didn't want to not watch it.
I'm just FED UP with all the lying! I place a liar and a thief in the same pot and seems that politicians fit the bill no matter which team they are on.

OK, I am off my soapbox for a little bit.

I have to look up - I cannot remember what Union Station in K.C. has been made into? When I lived back there -- there was an 2-rail O club that was built up near the rook that ran all around the station - several hundred feet in each direction. When I was there, the track was just being spiked down - I wonder what happened to it?

CUBA, MO in 1957
View attachment 117875
Sherrel. That’s about 70 miles west of where I live been thought many times

HERE you go, LEE!
St. Louis - San Francisco (Frisco) Railway's de Luxe passenger train - "The Bluebonnet" (jointly operated with the Missouri - Kansas - Texas Railroad) train No. 8, northbound, headed by Engine No. 4501, a Northern type 4-8-4 locomotive, rolls on the high iron at a speed of a mile a minute through the town of Cuba, Missouri, enroute to St. Louis.
1601491710459.png

Last edited:
Good morning.
I already had an exciting morning. Somebody unloaded a six shooter out front of our house at 4:30 am. That’s the second time in three weeks. I’m guessing it has something to do with the house next door, it has a long history of similar problems.
There was no damage to our house or equipment, but after me enidng up on the floor after the second shot, I was not going back to sleep... funny how adrenaline works.
That's a real drag. Here, the shooting starts around daylight at 7:00. But it's dove hunting season right now. No real danger to humans.

Afternoon All,

Started out this morning outside on a project I had been putting off, but since it was 64 and little humidity I got it done. One more morning in the 60's before it starts warming up again :(. Today in the train room I put in cardboard lattice work on both sides of the back right hand corner. I'm going to do something different on that corner, but I need the 2' x 7" rock face to figure it out. They should be delivered tomorrow afternoon. The bushes I've been waiting on came in today so I broke up 3 of the 9 packages.

Today is the 66th anniversary of the commissioning of USS Nautilus (SSN-571) the first nuclear powered submarine in the world.

Sherrel- Is that 60 mph? LOL. Nice looking loco.

Joe- Nice looking RS11.

Ken- The model looks great compared to the 1:1 loco.

Willie- The building is looking good along with your layout work.

Lee- Nice looking O scale scenes.

Terry- That would be scary. There is a low level gang war (2 gangs) in progress in Orlando with a bunch of drive by's. Last week a 5 yo was killed in his bed.

Garry- Great picture.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Last edited:
Good morning ..... Coffee and a pecan roll, please.

Terry: .... Wow! .... I would not like be wakened at 4:30 am like that!

Willie .... The DPM building looks excellent.

Lee ... Your O scale layout looks good.

Here is another view from the same bridge I was on when I took the picture yesterday. Nashville Union Station is now a hotel and restaurant .

35760404476_0bd010414a_b.jpg

Everybody .... Have a nice day.
Railfanning from a hotel room, too cool!!

Good evening. Busy as usual. Had the 'puter off and not getting any updates on the phone like we used to get. Bob never responded as to why they stopped coming on the phone after his last update.

Fall is here. Took this a few days ago and actually missed the best color. Fall colors are pretty bland around here but this one tree does its best. A number of the neighbors have commented on it. We don't have the vivid colors like the north east and other parts of the country. Here the leaves usually turn brown or start turning yellow and the wind takes them over to the next county.

thumbnail_20200927_151319.jpg

Went up flying after lunch yesterday to get some seat time in and was busy winterizing the cars out in the shop on Monday and today.

Alan - Liked the photos of all of the SP power you posted the other day.

Justin - Nice photo of your power also.

Willie
- The building is coming along nicely. Get the old eyeballs ready for the windows.

Garry - Great photo at the passenger station.

Joe - Really like your proto photos, especially the GG-1 and Pennsy Alco.

Curt - Enjoy watching your progress.

Going to post a few photos from the archives and then get the grill started for supper.

thumbnail_20190328_112044.jpg

thumbnail_20190328_112338.jpg

thumbnail_20190328_112908.jpg

thumbnail_20190329_083335.jpg
thumbnail_20190414_110609.jpg
thumbnail_20190329_083910.jpg

Later

Good evening. I've reconfigured the armory, in case flying objects start whizzing through the windows.
There has been a parade of fire trucks, ambulances, and police cruisers past our house this evening. I haven't heard the sound of gunplay, so maybe the combatants are stabbing each other, or something. Our neighborhood is not that large, though the road that goes through it continues a mile or so to a somewhat sketchy area.

Good morning.
I already had an exciting morning. Somebody unloaded a six shooter out front of our house at 4:30 am. That’s the second time in three weeks. I’m guessing it has something to do with the house next door, it has a long history of similar problems.
There was no damage to our house or equipment, but after me enidng up on the floor after the second shot, I was not going back to sleep... funny how adrenaline works.
Maybe iron plate on the walls are in order. The full moon makes crazy stuff happen. Unfortunately there are 2 this month.

Good evening Shop Dwellers, getting close to my bedtime so no time for even a weather report! I just finished posting a new thread about my GP40-2 -to- GP40 dash-nuthin' conversion project. https://modelrailroadforums.com/for...s-silver-series-gp40-2s-to-plain-gp40s.32860/

Thanks for all the 'like's and friendly comments on my photo of GP38 #3812 - Justin, Phil, TomO, GT, Sherrell, Garry, Guy, Lee, Chet, Jerome, Patrick, Jerry, Willie, Tom (Cambria), Chad, Curt and anybody else whose comments I might not have seen yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back