Running Bear's September 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very Nice, ALAN -- Is that one of the 1950? SF class? made by PFM?

Marvelous work on the diner!
It is indeed. Probably the most common brass model of all time! Multiple runs over the years with some 6,000 pieces being made. Glad you like the dome lounge ;). I am actually working on a pair of diners at the moment, but they are still in the planning stage. I have several decisions to make on what the finished models will look like!

WILLIE - I'll be there with my bucket in hand tomorrow!
We have not had a drop since D-Day! Did have some fog yesterday morning?

TOOT - (RAY) I really enjoyed that Spitfire (supermarine whatever) - what a beauty. For some reason that plane looks larger to me than a "plain Jane" Spitfire - maybe just the angle?

I have been recruising the MRL photos - have to say that there is no shortage of railfans there for photos. On the hair front - maybe I can "will" you some - I have been losing mine at a rapid pace here lately.

Sherrel. Only you my friend would think that you mean Skittles right lol

Thanks to all you that threw me likes and complements.This evening I decaled a old Atlas O Boxcar I painted it last year one side didn’t turn out very well after I put the Champ decals on I gave it a light coat of clear the decals kinda had a reaction to it but I’m going to leave it. Take care
6813BC85-23D4-47EE-8686-B3ACCAAC1948.jpeg
0AD62681-64CB-4C07-BD22-CE592A692CB3.jpeg
7D8BBEC6-5952-466D-BE11-89899DF60922.jpeg
ED4C3E57-8B94-4B3E-810F-7289FF479D87.jpeg

Lee, Curt, and Sherrel .... Thanks for commenting on my photos. ... Also, thanks to all who liked my post.

Lee ... Nice lettering on the O scale boxcar.

Alan .... Your work on the brass steam locos and the SP dome car is impressive.

Everybody .... Have a nice evening.

Sherrel. Only you my friend would think that you mean Skittles right lol

Thanks to all you that threw me likes and complements.This evening I decaled a old Atlas O Boxcar I painted it last year one side didn’t turn out very well after I put the Champ decals on I gave it a light coat of clear the decals kinda had a reaction to it but I’m going to leave it. Take care
View attachment 116805View attachment 116806View attachment 116807View attachment 116808
Weathering hides a multitude of sins! ;)

TOOT - (RAY) I really enjoyed that Spitfire (supermarine whatever) - what a beauty. For some reason that plane looks larger to me than a "plain Jane" Spitfire - maybe just the angle?
Supermarine was the name of the maker, they competed in the 1930's in seaplane racing, which is where the Spitfire grew from. The Mk17 in the video was indeed larger (longer fuselage, larger tailfin, not sure of the wings, because of the later, increased capacity, Griffon engine) also has the extra twin 20mm cannons fitted which I think were also fitted to some of the Merlin engined ones (smaller) to even them up with the ME109's central, through the spinner 20mm. As they came in to the air war late, their main use was shooting down Buzz Bombs, although as one of my English teachers (a Dutchman) who had flown them in that role, told us, destroyed his aircraft when it blew up and enveloped him in the explosion. They then developed the practice of flying up alongside, putting the tip of their wing under the flying bombs wing and flicking it off stable to crash it. Have read this in several accounts.
S.6B Schneider Trophy Seaplane (Spitfire Merlin forunner) 1931
1599021067395.png

Showing engine
1599021160533.png

Greetings all. Coffee please, with a dollop of honey and splash of cream.

It's great to see all the photos of your layouts and WIP modeling.

Be honest... how many of you have 50+ pieces of Locos and Rolling Stock, and how long did it take you to get there? I'm up to two boxcars, and one loco in N scale.

Last evening I got to work on the benchwork. Two of the three sides are wall anchored and mostly level. Final legs installed on the third side of three. This section has to be able to be pulled loose, should we need to do major work on the elect panel for the condo.

Need to get three more 2x4 ft mdf panels to finish the benches, then can install foam.

Still working on the track plan. Not sure how much of concentration on "Places"vs "Spaces between Places" I want to have.

Been trying to use Railmodeller Pro on my MacBook to get a plan, buuuuut, I'm finding that I like the process of putting down masking tape on the actual benchwork. Cut a couple of cardboard templates for turn radius. This helps me see what fits. better.

Good morning.....Coffee please Flo.

Troy - I have about 18 engines and about 600 rolling stock. Buying a little at a time,train shows help in price deals. Some stuff are newer detailed cars and some are cheaper cars that got detail added. Once weathered they all blend together.

good morning gang!
68 degrees and raining looks like it's going to be another humid warm day. yesterday was just a carnival of busy little things going on so I never did make it to the diner. I have a little catching up to do, And then it will be back to our regularly scheduled program.

Good morning Shop Dwellers! As Karl mentioned above, it's kinda cool and wet out here. Will be dialing-in to work in 5 minutes, so I can't stick around.

BTW Karl - in case my text didn't get thru, I'll try to get over to your place Saturday morning - Thursday and Friday are already committed elsewhere...

Morning all,

Currently dark, overcast with drizzle and 70* going for clear and 89* for the high today. No real rain in the forecast.
The northern part of Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas are sure scheduled for a lot of rain. Hope it clears for them soon.

I did get the paint stripped off the windows on my building project. Mineral spirits and a medium toothbrush made short work, but it was rather warm in the garage while I was doing it. Wife told me we only had $950 left until her next payday in 2 weeks and the bills are all paid. She wasn't sure we'd make it until then...... 🤣 It is nice to finally be caught up and actually ahead of the bills, She's got the money to pay them through January, and have some extra in the bank as well. It's been a long time since we've been in that position.

Flo. Coffee and a Raspberry doughnut

70 degrees and cloudy in the Ozark Foothills

Garry. Thanks for the complement this O scale is so much easier now me

Alan. I did think about doing some weathering on it thanks for the tip

Troy. I still have maybe 10 HO locos and at the most 100 rolling stock but that’s going to be thinned out soon. I have over 10 Custom painted and decaled F units. O scale I have 7 locos and over 50+ rolling stock the O scale layout is 16’x12’ right now still adding on.

Have a good day I’ll check in later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back