Running Bear's October 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting again in the October thread since I failed to remember it was no longer September.
Good morning all! 59 degrees with 100% humidity here, heading up to around 85 for the day. Drinking my Folgers before heading off to work. Had one day off and now it's back to work for six in a row. The dog is making use of her new bed this morning, so I actually get the couch to myself. Hope you all have a great day!

Hello Happy and Unhappy fellow modelers ! Have better day than ever and more important: stay safe !
As usual, we walked ours 7.5 miles with the dogs. They are very happy and so are we. Hot chocolates and brioche slices for a light meal. Some photos of our beautiful countryside. The sunflowers have been harvested.

23.jpg

25.jpg

27.jpg

30.jpg

33.jpg

Morning all,

It a nice fall morning in Doo-Dah, currently partly cloudy and 58° degrees going for a high of 75°. Hope to get the first round of winterizer on the lawn between the rains this afternoon.

Looking forward to some train time this weekend as I no longer have house stuff hanging over my head. I'll post pictures if I do.

Good Morning Everyone. Looks clear with 65°, maybe hitting 80° today with the continuing chance of rain later on. Yesterday evening we had a prolonged but very light thunderstorm; I measured 0.35" in the rain gauge, enough to raise the humidity and dampen everything. Not enough to do the landscape any good though.
Really just enough time for a quick run by this morning, as the hospital called yesterday and moved my wife's surgery up from 11:00 am to 9:00 am and they want her there around 7:00 am for prep. It's 30 miles away so we'll be leaving soon.
I'll be back later when the surgery is over, as she was told to be prepared for a minimum 3 day hospital stay. Did I ever mention that I hate being in hospitals, even as a visitor. If she wanted me to hang around, I would but she doesn't feel that it is necessary.

It's been a while since I've visited here. Summer is over and it's time to get back to the trains. Awh Yes, the weather! Here in central Minnesota, the drought continues although chance for rain today and tomorrow, the rest of the 10 day forecast shows Mostly Sunny and Partly Cloudy with highs in the low 70s. Looks very nice. Flo, a couple of English Muffins with Peanut Butter and O.J. for me today, Thanks!

Good morning Crew from another beautiful morning in Wisconsin. 54 now heading to high 80’s.

I am waiting from 8am to 4pm for the St. Vincent DePaul truck to pick up the old dining room furniture that while 41 years old still looks like new. I can’t stay in the trainroom unless Terry is home but she has appointments this morning. I cannot hear the door bell because we don’t have one. The door knocker cannot be heard from the train room.

Willie, take care of your wife.

Have a great day
TomO

front end Friday
C52065CE-1726-472A-AFB6-C0F39970ABB0.jpeg

Greeting Earthlings! Sometimes I feel that I am not even on the same planet with youguys. - two, three, and even 9 hours (in the case of Christian) difference in time means you are possibly havinf a nap already and I am sitting here in the dark fumbling with the keys in order of trying to not wake up the boss lady who sleeps in the recliner chair in thr din at least half of the time.
I won't mention the fact that she has a whole room plus a 5k bed that she purchased for when the pups decide that there is not enough room in the master bed for everyone!
Sorry - didn't mean to get off on a tangent like that.
Weather has been beautiful with a high today of (going to be) 90F/32.2C -- the record this date was 105F/40.5C
Christian: Do you folks put the decimal in your temperature, or just round up or down?

FLO - A plate full of scrambled, a bowl of salsa, a handful of bacon, and WW toast, please.

TomO - That is a fantastic photo! Danged if it does not look real .. great for this morning.
I must have missed something along the way - Is this a "new" house - mattress on the floor - eh?

Willie -- About an hour is all I can stand in a hospital while visiting someone. Even that is too long. The last 6 years I have lots of time there, as a patient, and I really didn't want visitors around either. I just wish they had better things to watch on the telly than they do! With my "supposed" heart problem this last time- it drove me nuts waiting for them to decide what they were going to look for and what tests to run. I had a really bad pain up both sides of my neck and down my shoulders and both arms.They never figured out anything after three days of various tests.

Got off track there again ... Take care of Arlenne, Arlean, Arlene (there - got it)!

Starting to daylight up now, so I better get moving! BBL

Lots of time reading old RR books. Very interesting read about the steaming of the SF 2900 class, the Pennsy T1 and K4.
I did not know -- but the SF had no useable water in Arizona. They hauled in 3 million gallons a day!

Greeting Earthlings! Sometimes I feel that I am not even on the same planet with youguys. - two, three, and even 9 hours (in the case of Christian) difference in time means you are possibly havinf a nap already and I am sitting here in the dark fumbling with the keys in order of trying to not wake up the boss lady who sleeps in the recliner chair in thr din at least half of the time.
I won't mention the fact that she has a whole room plus a 5k bed that she purchased for when the pups decide that there is not enough room in the master bed for everyone!
Sorry - didn't mean to get off on a tangent like that.
Weather has been beautiful with a high today of (going to be) 90F/32.2C -- the record this date was 105F/40.5C
Christian: Do you folks put the decimal in your temperature, or just round up or down?

FLO - A plate full of scrambled, a bowl of salsa, a handful of bacon, and WW toast, please.

TomO - That is a fantastic photo! Danged if it does not look real .. great for this morning.
I must have missed something along the way - Is this a "new" house - mattress on the floor - eh?

Willie -- About an hour is all I can stand in a hospital while visiting someone. Even that is too long. The last 6 years I have lots of time there, as a patient, and I really didn't want visitors around either. I just wish they had better things to watch on the telly than they do! With my "supposed" heart problem this last time- it drove me nuts waiting for them to decide what they were going to look for and what tests to run. I had a really bad pain up both sides of my neck and down my shoulders and both arms.They never figured out anything after three days of various tests.

Got off track there again ... Take care of Arlenne, Arlean, Arlene (there - got it)!

Starting to daylight up now, so I better get moving! BBL

Lots of time reading old RR books. Very interesting read about the steaming of the SF 2900 class, the Pennsy T1 and K4.
I did not know -- but the SF had no useable water in Arizona. They hauled in 3 million gallons a day!

Sherrel

same house we have been in the last 15 months. It was decided “we” needed new furniture so out went the dining room. Thanks for the comment on the Front end Friday picture. The CN gp40-2w is just eNtering the pulpwood and wood chip yard leads.
The St. Vinci’s truck just left, we are the only schedule pick up today

Hospitals, I am a great patient lousy visitor though.

TomO

Attachments

• 9E1FECC0-04D8-41BA-9504-B5EC307E48B4.jpeg
    9E1FECC0-04D8-41BA-9504-B5EC307E48B4.jpeg
    680.8 KB · Views: 135
Ok rant……just saw jokes funny ones about vegans but even so…my response to it was as follows

Was it down with vegans day lol, as a meat eater, I do not mind them being vegan, more choice for me, and yes if you compare an acre of cows to an acre of chopped down trees the trees do more harm than the cows,supermarkets prefer big profits from cheap food like peas,pea flour, pea crisps, peas in asparagus soup, not much asparagus, and the big seed producers are getting dna rights and encouraging seed free food so you cannot grow your own healthy food just their f1 go junk, it is all about profits, let the poor cows have a life,to chop grass in the sun, yeah not a great life and not long butter freer than most of us who are fed bilge to line someone else’s pockets,do not get me started on the methane stories. As for the arguments over killing deer that destroy crops and kill people every year with road traffic accidents, with the leaving all badgers alone even the ones with tuberculosis - a farmer needs to make a living and needs healthy animals for said profit, excessive over use of antibiotics apart animals on a farm fo way better than battery hens even the poor free range buggers are shoulder to shoulder as they are dragged across the grass so they can be billed as free range, over 5o percent of wild salmon is a lie being farmed,the lice you get on them is pretty gross, and a plant might not scream but massive fields of monoculture plants is one of the reasons bees are dying,big business is destroying our planet not smaller individuals, they kill everything on the field use chemicals as fertilisers instead of organic such as leaf,wood, and look at the carbon monoxide and fertiliser issues at the moment, if you are vegan because you do not want to eat meat, or kill an animal to do so - fair enough, if you think not eating the meat makes for a better ecosystem you need your head read it just makes for bigger easier monopolised food suppliers, who plan to robotise at the first opportunity killing diversification, and ensuring a poor workforce who will work for peanuts literally.

Just mentioned on my thread, thanks for prayers for other half with broken bone in foot, not to be outdone I now have a broken ankle and a dislocated knee, and am bed bound for two weeks with a review from doctors to see if I avoid an op with plate and pins or if they have to fiddle in a tight spot fixing my break…..not a happy bunny :(

Good Morning all! Ah, October! Octoberfests and Halloween! Another rainy day here.
Flo, that orange paint on the wall is a might bright, but the black is OK.

TomO - I had to do a double take on that photo, certainly looks real.
Willie - the best to your wife for her surgery.
JazA - Aren't bunnies vegan. :)

I am not a fan of hospitals, not as a patient nor visitor. i have been very fortunate in my 75 years to have never been admitted to a hospital. I have had stitches in a hospital but that's it. I feel very uncomfortable in the hospital. Not the body uncomfortable, but the mental. But we do it because they are family or friends that don't want to be there either.

STAY SAFE
LATER

Just mentioned on my thread, thanks for prayers for other half with broken bone in foot, not to be outdone I now have a broken ankle and a dislocated knee, and am bed bound for two weeks with a review from doctors to see if I avoid an op with plate and pins or if they have to fiddle in a tight spot fixing my break…..not a happy bunny :(

Good luck and good healing. I broke my ankle pretty badly about 10-12 years ago and it was the most horrible experience of my life in terms of misery and pain. Biggest thing is do the PT (physical therapy) once you are healed. Do everything they say. I went to all the sessions but didn't do all the home stuff (I did some) and still have some stiffness in my ankle.

Well, howdy there internet MRR peeps

It's Troy again.

Back from the shenanigans in Florida for almost a week now. Knocking on all sorts of wood that I avoided anything virus related. I masked on the flights and in airports. But early on, attendance was light, so my convention friends and I got out of the habit. We were all vaxed, and drifting from the resort to various restaurants. This is day 7 since the first of two really large attendance days (200-ish all in the same room). I didn't mask, but tried to sit toward the edges of the large ballrooms, away from others.

No reports forthcoming from others. And Delta starts showing its ugly face at about the 5 day mark. One more week of waiting to see if and what might have broken through the vax amongst attendees.

Got another author convention coming in early Nov out in Vegas. It will be 6 times the attendance, but spread across all of Bally's convention center. I'm treating last week's event as the trial run for what is feasible from a personal safety stand.

The good news is that I'm almost a quarter done with the next book. These conferences provide great motivation. Especially when four of us are debating which drink to get at the bar, looking at the drink menu, wondering what a BerriCuda is ...

Then someone says "Maybe it's named after the bartender's dad, Barry."
Another of us says, "Hmmm... Barry Cuda? We should all write a character into our next books named Barry Cuda."

And thus it was decided: Regular Cozy Mystery, SciFi Space Opera, Witchy/Paranormal Cozy Mystery, and Space Alien Romance will all have someone named Berri/Barry Cuda in our next books.

Here's a shot of my Mai Tai from that night.
Screenshot 2021-10-01 at 12.33.19 PM.png

And, yes. I've got an internationally renowned art thief named Barry Cuda in the current project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back