Running Bear's October 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Visited the vampire this morning then did some chores at home. I put on the corrugated roofing on. I still need to do weathering powders when the build is done.

Joe- Thank you.

Johnny- Really nice job on the lake. I am very sorry to hear your news. Prayers for Dena and you.

Justin- Congratulations. Best wishes for Mom, the baby and you.

PNKFLOYD- Congrats on the sale and new house. Also, congrats on your RR empire milestone.

20181029_142309-3024x1470.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good evening, everybody .

Justin ..... Big congratulations to you !

Johnny ..... Praying for Dena. Sad to hear the news. ...... When we were in Branson, you met our friends, Ed and Julie. Julie is a cancer survivor.

Justin: Congratulations. Hope Mom and baby are doing well.

Johnny: Sorry to hear of your wife's cancer. Will add her to our prayer list. BTW: Nice job with the lake.

Mikey: Good news about closing.

Curt: Looks even better with the roof.

Tonight, I resumed work on the layout. Specifically the port area. Tomorrow I go to the Rheumatologist and get a shot of Synvisc into my left knee. Hopefully this will work, and I can get one for the other knee. If it works I will start PT also to strengthen the legs.

Boris

Louis: Baltimore fans are no more "fair weather" than anywhere else. Fans can only reward poor performance by withholding their support. The exceptions are the Chicago Cubs fans and the Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadiens. I bought a "Season Subscription Package" with the Devils in 2009 -2010. The seats were great "lower bowl" seats and were relatively pricey even though discounted. That was Johnny Mac's season as head coach, and the team sucked. I felt cheated, and did not renew. Keep in mind, that I did not incur parking fees, as I took the NJT Coaster from Red Bank to Newark. Secure parking in "Brick City" would have added additional cost. Spectator Sports is a consumer commodity. While the television networks may view sports as another outlet to promote their social / political agenda, most fans are consumers who are only interested in the product. If the product does not please the consumer, they go elsewhere. No different than the market for model railroad supplies or cars for instance. The diehard fan will pay all sorts of fees to maintain his status as a STH, but this year all the NYC Metro teams have run "Good Seats Still Available" commercials to fill empty seats.
Boris

Boris as rare as it is, I must disagree with you on this subject. There are loyal fans. They are the exception, but they do exist. Chicago Cubs, San Francisco Giants, St. Louis Cardinals, Cleveland Browns, Washington Redskins, Green Bay Packers, Buffalo Bills fans off the top my head. These teams draw above average attendance regardless of their W-L records.

Good morning Everybody!

A chill in the air, but crystal clear skies here in southeast Baltimore.

God bless us Everyone.

Good morning gang,

Louis, you are right, there is a little nip in the air this morning out here in the burbs. 44 degrees, Yeah I think I'll wear a jacket today.

I found this on facebook, I thought it was cool :)
1540896520164.png

Karl, pointed out that it was nothing more than a clever use of "photoshop", thanks Karl.
I still like it :)

Good morning y'all, 39° and clear.

I must disagree with you on this subject. There are loyal fans. They are the exception, but they do exist. Chicago Cubs, San Francisco Giants, St. Louis Cardinals, Cleveland Browns, Washington Redskins, Green Bay Packers, Buffalo Bills fans off the top my head.

Louis: No disagreement. I cited the Cubs, Toronto and Montreal Hockey teams, could have added Winnipeg Jets and Buffalo Sabers fans to the mix.
Redskins Season Tickets are a status symbol as much as a fan loyalty thing. At least it was when I lived there. Green Bay is a unique situation, in a small town where nothing else happens. For the most part, attendance is predicated on field performance and other factors such as ticket pricing.
I avoided mentioning NFL teams, because I haven't watched an NFL game in about four years or so. Not a political statement, I just lost interest in football. Back in the day, Philly Eagles fans held on to their Season Tickets, no matter how bad the team was, but when the team raised ticket prices after becoming successful in the '70s fans gave up their seats. Owner, Leonard Tose used to buy the unsold tickets each home game to prevent the team from being blacked out on local TV.

Boris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back