Running Bear's November 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon All,

Started out with a couple of chores today then finished attaching the track in the mine area, then soldered the rail joiners after running a level over everything. Finally cut 9 sets of feeder wires and prepped the ends. I started having vision problems...I couldn't see me soldering the feeders to the tracks today :D so I cleaned up and called it a day.

Terry- Sorry, I thought you were dealing with power issues not derailing issues.

Karl- Nice home decorations.

Ken- The DQ looks great to me.

Mikey- Sorry to hear about your brother. You are a great brother.

Tom- Nice looking load.

Willie- Very nice scenes. Of course my favorite is the skunk scene!

Dave- Good to see you posting. Congrats on the new home and future layout.

Joe- More great photos.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Sherrel: And that's the better beef as well!!!!

I forgot to mention I took 20 minutes on Thursday to get the outside of the house decorated. I have 4 prelit wreaths that I hang on the 3 garage lights and the front porch light. Unscrew the bulb, put in the outlet plug and plug the wreath into the outlet. Nothing else is going up in the house as no one will be here for the holiday. We're celebrating later when it should be safer to meet. That said, I think grandpa will be dropping gifts off at a couple of houses before then.

Just returned from HD and the grocery store. I have never seen that many people at HD = so much for social distancing. I counted 87 people in the checkout line and I am standing there with 3 -1/4x3/4 bolts, 3 nuts, 3 lock washers, and 3 flat washers ... totaled $2.61. Took that poor little cashier 10 min just to look up all that - actually she did it pretty fast after she found the price catalogue. Fortunately the line moved fairly fast or I might have just walked out with them in my pocket and paid for them at a later date. NOTE: I would NOT think of NOT paying at all - just NOT my cup of tea!
Since a large market shares the same area as HD, I stopped in to get some chicken for the dogs, but they had no chicken on sale so I grabbed a pork roast. I will share some of it with the pups and make pulled pork for sandwiches for myself. The Spousal Unit is now 100+ lbs down in the weight department and she may have just her normal miniscule portion. She is walking 2-3 miles a day (up and down hills I might add) and feels so much better. She certainly is looking better too! She says now that she does not have to shop in the tent section of the clothing department.

Better quit yaking and get the garage door repaired!
Every day I compliment her on how well she looks - she says that she is not yet ready for the bikinis - says she will have to have some "tucks" ... wait - this could get expensive?

DAVE BANTA - glad to see you? Wondered where you were?

WILLIE : I love the little scenes like you posted ... model RR's need more scens like that.

Just returned from HD and the grocery store. I have never seen that many people at HD = so much for social distancing. I counted 87 people in the checkout line and I am standing there with 3 -1/4x3/4 bolts, 3 nuts, 3 lock washers, and 3 flat washers ... totaled $2.61. Took that poor little cashier 10 min just to look up all that - actually she did it pretty fast after she found the price catalogue. Fortunately the line moved fairly fast or I might have just walked out with them in my pocket and paid for them at a later date. NOTE: I would NOT think of NOT paying at all - just NOT my cup of tea!
Since a large market shares the same area as HD, I stopped in to get some chicken for the dogs, but they had no chicken on sale so I grabbed a pork roast. I will share some of it with the pups and make pulled pork for sandwiches for myself. The Spousal Unit is now 100+ lbs down in the weight department and she may have just her normal miniscule portion. She is walking 2-3 miles a day (up and down hills I might add) and feels so much better. She certainly is looking better too! She says now that she does not have to shop in the tent section of the clothing department.

Better quit yaking and get the garage door repaired!
Every day I compliment her on how well she looks - she says that she is not yet ready for the bikinis - says she will have to have some "tucks" ... wait - this could get expensive?

DAVE BANTA - glad to see you? Wondered where you were?

WILLIE : I love the little scenes like you posted ... model RR's need more scens like that.
That is why I have now begun buying nut & bolts & fasteners at TSC, they charge buy the pound, no lookin stuff up

Great movie with Robert Mitchum & Curt Jürgens as opposing naval captains.
I have just about every sub picture made from Operation Tokyo to the Hunt for Red October . If could only have one it would have to be Wolfgang Petersen's Das Boot ! , nothing else really compares , even dubbed in English you can still smell the vomit , the diesel , and the fear.

You don't watch Das Boot! you survive it. At the end your physically and mentally exhausted ,you feel like you been on a patrol in the North Atlantic.

Hi Shop Dwellers, it's 50*F with a 10 MPH West wind and cloudy in my neighborhood, gonna get steadily colder thru the night.

Thank you everybody for the "likes" and comments on my Dairy Queen post: Chad, Hughie, Phil, Joe, Rick, Patrick, Troy, Jerry, Willie, Sherrell, MoPac, James, Guy, Garry, Tom, Karl, Mikey, Curt - and anybody else whose comments I might have missed.

Dave B. - great to see you in here again! 👍

Sherrell - great news on the wife's continuing weight loss! Enjoyed seeing your Rio Grande gondola with the scrap metal - it would look right at home on my layout LOL.

Ken ..... Your DQ looks great ! .... I'll have a hot fudge sundae , please.
. . .
Garry - funny you should say that, one of the major downsides of working on a project like this one is that I found myself craving the cones and sundaes on the window decals - treats which I dare not eat, for fear of shooting my A1C level into pre-diabetic range!

. . .
Ironbelt Ken- great job on the Dairy Queen.
Mikey - great seeing you back here! Normally I'd say "Don't be a stranger", but with the stuff you and your wife have had to deal with looking after your sick brother...you had very valid reasons to be gone! :oops: Hopefully your brother is on the road to recovery and you can get your life back.

. . .
Congrats IBKen! Grandkids are wonderful creatures. Too bad we couldn't have them first!!! LOL
. . .
Thanks Patrick - all my local friends are telling me that grandkids are a lot more fun to be around than our own children [at that age]!

. . .
Ken - Nice work on the DQ. I had the same issue with the front window on mine. They don't always engineer their kits well.
. . .
Thanks Willie - I wonder if they (WKW) even applied any glue at all to the front corners[?] Ah, the wonders of 20/20 hindsight! BTW I still have plenty of extra leftover window decals from the project; if you want them, just send me a PM with your address and I'll mail 'em out to you. The littered lot scene is excellent - I'm sure Curt will appreciate seeing the wildlife you included!

Ray - Happy Birthday!

Well, seeing as the Shop will be closing down in < 3 hours, I suppose some of you might not even see my [individual] replies. In any event I'll see you in all in the new place when it opens!

Evening, in the pursuit to find realistic pipe loads, no one makes water and sewer pipe. All the ones I've seen are straight pieces with no "bell" end and not thick enough to be water pipe. After several months of thinking how to duplicate it I came up with a prototype. The blue is a little too dark I have to research and try different tones before I can mass produce them for flat car loads.
IMG_3772.jpg
IMG_3773.jpg
IMG_3774.jpg

Good evening

Dave Banta ! ...... Great to see you again. Good to hear you have a future layout planned. Meanwhile, it would be nice to see old pictures of your old layout if available. You did outstanding work on that layout.

Toot: ..... Happy Birthday.

Mikey .... Prayer for your brother with health issues. It is very good of you to be willing to take him in to your home.

Everybody ......... I hope your November was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back