Running Bear's November 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy ....

Here are some trains at West End. .... ATSF passenger FM's. , CB&Q EMD F3's (Phase 4), GN Alco FA FB FA, and C&NW EMD GP7.

50635209122_8ecd0b27dd_k.jpg

Good afternoon, it’s cloudy and 56.

Umm, kids?

Politics.

I’ve dreamed up a solution for being socially distanced, and wanting to have Thanksgiving with our loved ones.
If anybody has an iPad, and their absent guests and friends have one, as well, there is a workaround. It’s called Facetime. Simply connect to them using your device and theirs, and place the iPad on the dining room table where you can see the screen, and they can see you. Enjoy your dinner, y’all can see and talk to each other, and no chance of a biological virus.

Good Morning All. Clear and 41° this morning. Heavy dew out there as the dogs paws just told me. A pleasant turkey day for us, temperature going into the low 70's before another cold front hits around midnight tonight. Tomorrow's high might reach 60°, Saturday, rain and 50°. Sunday night thru Tuesday will see temperatures dropping to the freezing mark. I am letting the fire go out in the wood burning heater today while it's warm, so it is easier to remove the ashes. It isn't full yet, but I have learned to "make hay while the sun shines" and today is the day. It only takes about five minutes.

Glad that you're open this morning Flo. I'll take Eggs Benedict made with Taylor Ham this morning.

Thanks for the comments and reactions regarding the tanker photos yesterday; Karl, Patrick, Garry, Tom O, Luke, Alan, Sherrel, Rick, Chad, Joe, Hughie, Guy, Phil, Tom, James, Jerry.

Left the camera out in the train shed last night, so I have no new pictures today. :(
I'll look through the archives in a bit and post some of those pictures later.

Karl - At least my kidney stone story came out better than James.
Guy - I've always felt that it takes a very hardy soul to go ice-fishing. You're lucky to have a spouse/companion that likes it as well. Those pictures make me shiver.
Walt - Thanks! I just realized why you like the cafe.
Joe -

Tell me something that I don't already know. LOL
Garry - Lots of tank cars indeed. But commodities that they carry made for a lot of business for ATSF (and BNSF still). LPG to the Midwest, Ethanol from the Midwest headed for refineries, corn oils and syrups to feed processors for all of those cows here. Lots of chemicals to and from the chemical processors around Houston, and of course oil and gasoline...not all of it goes by pipeline.
Ken - At least you got an appointment. Now pray for no blizzard. Congratulations on being a grandpa.
James - Go for the general anesthesia. Ugggh! Did you explore ultrasound? I have had folks tell me that it is unobtrusive, works well, but sometimes has some discomforting side effects.

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving Day.
Willie- my first stone was removed via general anesthesia, it was over 3 cm(roughly the size of a $0.25). My second one, I passed as it was about 4-5 mm.

Good afternoon, it’s cloudy and 56.

Umm, kids?

Politics.

I’ve dreamed up a solution for being socially distanced, and wanting to have Thanksgiving with our loved ones.
If anybody has an iPad, and their absent guests and friends have one, as well, there is a workaround. It’s called Facetime. Simply connect to them using your device and theirs, and place the iPad on the dining room table where you can see the screen, and they can see you. Enjoy your dinner, y’all can see and talk to each other, and no chance of a biological virus.
FaceTime or Zoom. One of my quasi/non-blood cousins(she & her siblings grew up next door to my aunt & uncle, with no family on the east coast, so the family was “adopted”) did that with her adult kids for Easter. She made food for 3 households, made doorstep contactless delivery & then they all ate dinner “together” remotely.

Found out what the ignore button does if you click on someone's name. ;)

Good times. Happy Turkey Day everyone. :cool: 🦃

I'm off to cook the traditional DiGiorno pizza. Started the tradition when we were sentenced to no family by being in La La Land (Los Angeles) and the family back in the midwest. Covid lockdown is a good time to continue that tradition.

I don't know if I should even post this, but if you are caught anywhere in our city, indoors, outdoors, walking, exercising, anywhere at all, you can be cited and given a ticket for up to $1000 and 60 days in jail with all the other murderers and rapists. City officials have authorized police and fire department employees to hand out the tickets.

I don't know if I should even post this, but if you are caught anywhere in our city, indoors, outdoors, walking, exercising, anywhere at all, you can be cited and given a ticket for up to $1000 and 60 days in jail with all the other murderers and rapists. City officials have authorized police and fire department employees to hand out the tickets.
And you have to sit on the group W bench, 😉

Found out what the ignore button does if you click on someone's name. ;)

Who did you ignore? 🤔 Inquiring minds want to know!

Happy Thanksgiving. Another nice day in paradise. Dinner in about an hour as the brother and my wife are just having a great time in the kitchen. Both love to cook so they alternate responibilities and have for about 12 since my mom passed.

Where is the ignore button? Or is my leg being pulled! There is one member here I want no part of. He doesn’t post in the diner. I think he belongs to every model train forum there is and constantly posts the same question in each but never follows great advice.

TomO

Where is the ignore button? Or is my leg being pulled! There is one member here I want no part of. He doesn’t post in the diner. I think he belongs to every model train forum there is and constantly posts the same question in each but never follows great advice.

TomO

Find a post from the person you'd rather not see again. Hover over their name in the left column. the identity card that pops up will have several buttons at the bottom. Ignore is one of them

Good Morning All. Clear and 41° this morning. Heavy dew out there as the dogs paws just told me. A pleasant turkey day for us, temperature going into the low 70's before another cold front hits around midnight tonight. Tomorrow's high might reach 60°, Saturday, rain and 50°. Sunday night thru Tuesday will see temperatures dropping to the freezing mark. I am letting the fire go out in the wood burning heater today while it's warm, so it is easier to remove the ashes. It isn't full yet, but I have learned to "make hay while the sun shines" and today is the day. It only takes about five minutes.

Glad that you're open this morning Flo. I'll take Eggs Benedict made with Taylor Ham this morning.

Thanks for the comments and reactions regarding the tanker photos yesterday; Karl, Patrick, Garry, Tom O, Luke, Alan, Sherrel, Rick, Chad, Joe, Hughie, Guy, Phil, Tom, James, Jerry.

Left the camera out in the train shed last night, so I have no new pictures today. :(
I'll look through the archives in a bit and post some of those pictures later.

Karl - At least my kidney stone story came out better than James.
Guy - I've always felt that it takes a very hardy soul to go ice-fishing. You're lucky to have a spouse/companion that likes it as well. Those pictures make me shiver.
Walt - Thanks! I just realized why you like the cafe.
Joe -

Tell me something that I don't already know. LOL
Garry - Lots of tank cars indeed. But commodities that they carry made for a lot of business for ATSF (and BNSF still). LPG to the Midwest, Ethanol from the Midwest headed for refineries, corn oils and syrups to feed processors for all of those cows here. Lots of chemicals to and from the chemical processors around Houston, and of course oil and gasoline...not all of it goes by pipeline.
Ken - At least you got an appointment. Now pray for no blizzard. Congratulations on being a grandpa.
James - Go for the general anesthesia. Ugggh! Did you explore ultrasound? I have had folks tell me that it is unobtrusive, works well, but sometimes has some discomforting side effects.

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving Day.

We did discuss the ultrasound route but in this case it's a no go. I will be knocked out for the procedure thank goodness. I will have about 3 to 5 day recovery afterwards. I am not looking forward to this but considering the alternatives this is a better plan.

Thanks to all with the well wishes. I appreciate it.

I did munch a bit of table fare today... now I am just drinking water.

I will be headed to the train cave to put another coat of paint on the south and west wall. Then I will install the standards/brackets above. Followed by transitioning to prep the north wall for paint. Slow and steady.

I hope everyone had a great day fulfilling their bellies to desirable foods and drinks. I had a medley of organics. Venison strips wrapped in local baconstrips, wild turkey breast, jalapeno poppers stuffed with cream cheese and minced crappie wrapped in bacon. Also pepper jelly made by my mama slathered all over everything lol. Anyhow I can't eat anymore for least 12 hours then it start again with left overs. 😂 oh and pies....mama made apple, pecan and pumpkin so I had a slice of each. Ya I am a glutton for punishment. It's all good.

I will post on my thread on my progress in the train cave soon.

Later.

Last edited:

Terry - What is that pertaining to, Caught doing what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back