Running Bear's November 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Jersey anchorage in Elizabeth or the Amboys?
Mike: Elizabeth. Most of the marine activity in Jersey, stretches from Port Newark to Linden and Carteret. The container cranes in the background of the photo, are in Staten island. There is a new connection between the Chemical Coast Secondary, and the Staten Island line, which improves operating efficiency.
I was surprised to see the activity, considering what it was when I left Conrail for Amtrak in 1998.

Good morning y'all. Happy Birthday USMC...Hoorah! 56° and Sunny, looks like the last mild sunny day for a while. It was nice while it lasted.

Thank you all for the kind comments and "Likes". I have been time challenged of late, and have not had the time to actually read many of the posts.

RDG RDC Train departing Bethlehem for Philadelphia 11-01-1975.jpg

Take a Ride on the Reading, this time the RDC from Bethlehem to Philadelphia. 11-01-1975.

At least I have an excuse to stop at the donut place on the way to the hardware store.
All I can say is: It's about time!
We have missed the d-nuts in the "shop"!
Good luck with the toilet ... had a few mishaps raising the kids several times - no fun.

Love the pics, GUY! I am impressed by the amount of rail traffic you have considering the size of the town?

Willie, I see that Francine is on duty this week. Did she take a week off and stay in Gulf Shores with you and just now back to work? She must have found a "friend" down there?

JOE .. I am too embarrassed to post what my workbench looks like! Matter of fact - the whole garage too!

It became winter - 36 this morning - and I had to get up around 2 AM and turn on the furnace!

Alan - Nice work on the O'Neil's structure; very nice! - Those are the finest, most expensive looking wood-working clamps I've ever seen. You must be a true craftsman.

Well thank you for that, and thanks to all who liked or commented! I'm learning as I go. Structures can be challenging and push your skills in new directions. The clamps aren't terribly expensive. The right tool can make a difficult situation easy. I got these from Micro Mark. They would make a good Christmas present! they also come in multiple sizes.

https://www.micromark.com/Solid-Bra...iiPmp_BmRPn9jA3Y2asVJBnNkoNbh6HBoCZNUQAvD_BwE

Morning all,

Well 2 bathrooms done and one to go. Tired of the weird smells coming out of them, so I've been doing some cleaning while no one is in the house to complain about the chemical smells. In all fairness the basement bathroom doesn't get much use, so it was easy to deal with. It actually had a calcium buildup ring at the water line that needed a lime remover to get off as just normal bowl cleaner and a stiff brush wouldn't cut it. All better now, but we're gonna have to give that room more use.

Otherwise not much else going on. Yet....

Good morning. The 8 previous absolutely gorgeous Wisconsin days of weather are gone. No more 70’s but today may hit the 60’s but tomorrow might be low 40’s. It was a great period of weather, now it maybe payback time.

Toilets! No yelling at me but I switched to the rubber stick on collars about 30 years ago. No wax rings for when I do replacements. When my son purchased his 1st dump, I mean house, in Austin we replaced the toilets and I used the rings. When we demolished the master bath a year later we had some plumbing moved. The plumber who did the changes gave me an earful that one always needed to use the wax rings. He now does all the son’s plumbing for the flips he buys. He basically says he was kidding.

Trains, real, narrow even legos are all pictures I love. Please keep posting them.

I have to start maybe for the 3rd time building the grain bins. Track is down in the grain facility as the Ethanol plant is completely sold and shipped off. I found on Facebook a year old posting of the North end of the PaperMill and the updated one of the same space I took yesterday. Enjoy your day. TomO
DE992273-43B1-4E2E-9744-EF4B3C8DE809.jpeg

The above is a 10/2919 picture of the mill. Notice no skirting below.

736F674D-B531-4AEA-A8FD-69FBFBFF9551.jpeg

The above is from 11/09/2020 and still not done

Good morning fellas,
Twelve degrees outside here in this part of Montana. Looks to be a great day to be at the workbench (tv tray). I have several boiler shells ready to meet the saw. If anyone has any junk Tyco 4-6-0 or 4-8-0 locomotives I could use a few more. I will start a thread dedicated to the conversion after I have several progress pictures. Basically I am taking MDC / Roundhouse Old Time Loco kits and re'boilering them to the wagon top boilers to resemble the early Consolidations. The Poormans Colorado Midland 2-8-0 additions to the locomotive roster !
Hope you are all doing well and building stuff for your layouts.

Afternoon All,

Today I tested my steamer collection. I did find 2 minor issues on the loop arounds and 1 of the interchange T/O's. All 3 were easily fixed so the existing track has been tested and I'm ready to move on. Next up is painting the new installed rail then ballasting the upper level track. I have flex track on order so I'm doing other things while I wait for it.

Thanks for all the likes yesterday on my photos.

Today I tested the following steamers:

LL Heritage- 0-8-0, 2-8-8-2
Bachmann Spectrum- 4-4-0, 4-6-2
Bachmann- 0-8-0, 2-6-6-2 (both belong to my Dad)

Gary- Interesting photo.

Ken- You're right about losing enjoyment when a hobby turns into a job.

Joe- That's a full workbench. Nice CSX shot.

Alan- Really nice modeling. I like the rubber bumper touch.

Tom- Nice looking loads. Are they glued down?

Troy- I'm interested in how that turns out.

Guy- Nice shot of the pipe loads.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good evening everyone. Finally succeeded in getting Win10 reinstalled on the new computer. Took a while after I first had to go to the nearest Best Buy, 28 miles away, for a larger flash drive than I had. HP walked me through the final steps and now I just have to reload the over 200Gb of files that were deleted in the process. Fortunately I didn't delete them from my backup drive, but I most likely cannot recover some pictures that I downloaded this past week, unless I failed to delete them from the camera. HP tech service was extremely good. While both gentlemen that I spoke to yesterday and today had Oriental accents, they were very easy to understand so I believe that they were located in the USA. Kudos to HP. Thanks also to Terry for his prior recommendation of Windows Classic Shell which I installed immediately after Firefox. Us old fogies like me don't like radical change in our computer habits. So off I go to reloading the files again.

Good morning. The 8 previous absolutely gorgeous Wisconsin days of weather are gone. No more 70’s but today may hit the 60’s but tomorrow might be low 40’s. It was a great period of weather, now it maybe payback time.

Toilets! No yelling at me but I switched to the rubber stick on collars about 30 years ago. No wax rings for when I do replacements. When my son purchased his 1st dump, I mean house, in Austin we replaced the toilets and I used the rings. When we demolished the master bath a year later we had some plumbing moved. The plumber who did the changes gave me an earful that one always needed to use the wax rings. He now does all the son’s plumbing for the flips he buys. He basically says he was kidding.

Trains, real, narrow even legos are all pictures I love. Please keep posting them.

I have to start maybe for the 3rd time building the grain bins. Track is down in the grain facility as the Ethanol plant is completely sold and shipped off. I found on Facebook a year old posting of the North end of the PaperMill and the updated one of the same space I took yesterday. Enjoy your day. TomO
View attachment 120635
The above is a 10/2919 picture of the mill. Notice no skirting below.

View attachment 120634
The above is from 11/09/2020 and still not done
Tom- be glad you’re not Up North. Winter storm Warnings for all of the Lake Superior snow belt counties.

Good Morning fellows, It is a nice crisp morning here in Montana. I have had several invites to come join you here at the coffee shop. I don't have any recent pictures but I have some of my old HOn3 layout before the move. It wasnt a grand size, but enough to keep me busy.

View attachment 120582
So that's what happens to out of date (and raisins) Christmas puddings.

Good morning gang!!
Another day, another 53 cents. Flo my dear, Coffee please , we're introducing a new layer to the write up processes at work. Yesterday's preview went over like a submarine with a screen door. We on the front lines think it's ridiculous, but some bean counter at corporate has got a chubby for it.
:(Those who can do, the rest go to work for corporate :confused:
On the weather front, rain today, it suits my mood.

Good Morning from the edge of Oregon's high desert. 29 right now, expected 41 for high today, overcast with some gusty winds expected. Dress appropriately!
VETERANS DAY! I will reiterate, thanks to ALL THAT SERVED!
I display the flag (in the big picture window) 24/7/365. May God Bless America!
This has been quite a year indeed, and now alligators? Wonder if the gator was going after the downed deer? Yikes o_O
Great pictures of prototypes & builds the last few days!
McLeod had posted a pic of a motor that looked to have had a fire, I caught this one yesterday, no mistake about it.......Problems with the air compressor compartment? 🔥
IMG_20201110_074904858_HDR.jpg

PLAY SAFE---STAY SAFE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back