Running Bear's May 2023 Coffee Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the multi-deckers:

For your upper decks, how are they constructed? I went back and watched Gerry Leone on the Trains.com Back on Track vids, and he's laying 3/4-inch plywood directly on his metal shelf brackets.

I was planning on using my 1x3 support grid on top of the brackets.

Although Gerry didn't say, I suspect he's using birch plywood to avoid warpage of the boards.

Good Morning All. Partly cloudy and 52°, Upper 70's again today for the high, clouds off and on. Moderate weather for the next ten days with highs reaching the lower 90's by the weekend. Thunderstorms are forecast on a couple of days, but that's always iffy.

I spent a lot of yesterday doing laundry after church and brunch, then my wife actually assisted me with some yardwork. That's a sign that her knees really have progressed, or maybe she was just feeling extra energetic. The doctor insists that they have been ready for over a year.
Not much, but I did pick my first Radish from the garden yesterday, wife ate it before I got a picture. It's rather late, but remember that my granddog dug up the first partial row that I planted. I don't plant many because they don't preserve and you can only eat so many! They also don't grow well in our climate over 80°.

Yesterday was "sign" day out in the train shed. I applied sign decals to a piece of scrap 0.010 styrene to place around the refinery.
IMG_3400.JPG

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3403.JPG

IMG_3404.JPG

IMG_3405.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

Tom O - I agree that there has been an evolving change in this forum since mid-March. Nothing wrong, but quite a bit busier for sure. I have seen participation go up and down many times over the 12 years that I have been here. Attitude and focus changes all of the time. I think that we've got a reasonably good harmony going right now.
You chided Troy about shoes in the train room, my wife makes fun of me because my shoes only come off for pool, showers and bed at night but not naps!
Guy - May you and your wife and all of the townspeople be safe from the fires. How the heck did the lumber catch fire to begin with??? I cannot find any additional information on the net, other than the Whitecourt Star.

Everybody have a great day.

Thanks, Willie.

I don't know why the train derailment and fire isn't big news. It didn't even make the 6:00 news while the Evansburg grassfire did. It seems like the hockey playoff games are more important.

Most of my learning is coming from FB, which is also filled with lots of crap, I believe. - I should think they have it under control by now. I'm not hearing a lot of aircraft this morning, and the wife didn't see much when she came home from work yesterday at 7:00pm.

Have a great day!

Good Monday morning gang!!

Flo, I'm feeling like 2 fried eggs with toast, hash browns and a side of Schnitzel please!! Oh and coffee too!!

Willie, Love the signage! Just another one of the details that make the scene even better! BTW I'm the same as you with shoes.

Happy May, everyone!

Just think, 3 more days, and all the Star Wars fans will be saying "May the fourth be with you."

Ugh, Geekspeak! :rolleyes: ;)😊

BBL

Good morning from Sin city where it’s 73 now heading to 90 or about 38f degrees difference from home in Wisconsin. Issue here is the high wind advisory will make today’s practice round a bit of a challenge
IMG_8399.png

I can somewhat adjust to 20-30mph winds but gusts of 45 make a golf ball do anything mother nature wants. I hit a high ball normally and even though Hawaii is windy I generally don’t play in gusts like they r predicting. I can hit the ball low, but it’s a big effort for me to do it.

We saw the musical SIX last night and while I promised Terry I would not gripe to her about show ticket costs, whatever she paid was well worth it. The dinner after was at a Japanese Restaurant called Wakuda. Good but nothing in my book or I should say my plate to write home about. 6 of us at dinner last night as my brother and the girlfriend‘s plane was delayed so I picked up the bill or tried to anyway, it was comped. I asked Terry later how much was she planning to gamble, her response was enough to get the meals all comped.

enjoy the day

Tony said: Sie haben Recht - wir nicht!

That reminds me of a poster I saw in Germany once: "Alle reden vom Wetter -- Wir Nicht"

It was an advertisement campaign by the German Federal Railway (Deutsche Bundesbahn -- DB) in 1966

For those who have forgotten their HS German or had to take a pansy language like French (sorry Christian) it says:

"everyone talks about the weather -- we don't"

Don't know who to attribute this to as it just came up in a search engine search:

Alle reden vom Wetter. Wir nicht.Wikipediahttps://de.wikipedia.org › wiki › All...

Good Morning All!

49F @ 66% and partly

Just finished scraping the burnt ends into the center of the fire pit. Ya, ima not legal cuz it is not inside a fire ring. So be it.

Curt: Burnt Ends - When I worked at Physio Control many moons ago we would go to a BBQ place for lunch just to get those. Ifn I remember correctly, South of Woodenville, WA in Hollywood. Don't remember the name of the place though.

Medical in about 1/2 hour, then puttering is in order. Found that the deck on the Train Cave is sinking somewhat, so that needs shored up. Also, the 88 F150 is surging along with a gas tank leak. The little motor in the manifold is not the cause as it is new. So, go and clean up all the wiring; grounds and connections, check for vacuum leaks and other little crap and see if that helps. If not, new/used brain box. No idea on the tank leak, will have to crawl under and check it out.

Get a good measurement of the rooms upstairs, then search for good Lam that is not gold.

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back