Status
Not open for further replies.

bnsf971

Gomez Addams
Staff member
th-3795061174.jpg

Good Morning all,

(OK, for those east of GMT -1)

Been busy, due to a painting project with the grandson, both vehicles had yellow spray paint dust and had to be cleaned, and since I had been putting off washing and cleaning out them out, it was time. Took a couple of hours, with several interruptions, but their done.

Don't think of it as breaking in, think of it as a soft opening....

Good evening. Another rainy day at the Jersey Shore...60° and cloudy. 2.18" of rain so far today. I read a report that there was a Tornado touch ground at Fort Story, VA. (Near Virginia Beach). More unusual wild weather along the East Coast. Tomorrow, should be sunny with a high in the low 60s. The Mets and Atlanta have a makeup doubleheader at Citi Field tomorrow, so the sunny weather will be appreciated.

Otherwise, it was a quiet Sunday, I enjoyed a pre lunch nap, then spent the afternoon in Walthers and MB Klein's web sites. Did a little bargain hunting, otherwise, I checked on a few products connected with Walthers "General" offering, that are due this Spring or Summer.

Remains of Broad Street Newark - Railpictures Photo.jpg

RDCs at Broad St, Newark.jpg
741 Broad St - CNJ Station.png

The following pictures have rekindled my interest in the Railroad Model Craftsman article, "Consider the Commuter", that ran several years ago, and consisted of building a modular railroad including a station closely resembling the above building. Note that the Prudential Center is to the rear, and the new Marriott to the right. The article was deliberately vague as to the prototype of the terminal, however, after seeing the three photos I'm pretty sure that this was the prototype. The prototype had two passenger platforms serving 4 stub end tracks. The lower level housed Mail/Baggage/Express and LCL freight, with a track at street level.

Louis- there’s 4 teams with single digit losses… 3 of them(Rays, O’s & Bucs) are “small market” ballclubs.
All three of those teams have a 2023 payroll of $75 million or less. Only the A's have a lower payroll.
I'm glad to see money is not the only factor for winning.

4/29

4/30

That makes six straight series the Orioles have won!

5/2

Last edited:
Good evening. Another rainy day at the Jersey Shore...60° and cloudy. 2.18" of rain so far today. I read a report that there was a Tornado touch ground at Fort Story, VA. (Near Virginia Beach). More unusual wild weather along the East Coast. Tomorrow, should be sunny with a high in the low 60s. The Mets and Atlanta have a makeup doubleheader at Citi Field tomorrow, so the sunny weather will be appreciated.

Otherwise, it was a quiet Sunday, I enjoyed a pre lunch nap, then spent the afternoon in Walthers and MB Klein's web sites. Did a little bargain hunting, otherwise, I checked on a few products connected with Walthers "General" offering, that are due this Spring or Summer.

View attachment 167572
View attachment 167573View attachment 167574
The following pictures have rekindled my interest in the Railroad Model Craftsman article, "Consider the Commuter", that ran several years ago, and consisted of building a modular railroad including a station closely resembling the above building. Note that the Prudential Center is to the rear, and the new Marriott to the right. The article was deliberately vague as to the prototype of the terminal, however, after seeing the three photos I'm pretty sure that this was the prototype. The prototype had two passenger platforms serving 4 stub end tracks. The lower level housed Mail/Baggage/Express and LCL freight, with a track at street level.
I took my nephews to The Rock back in like 2010, I think. We caught NJT out of Hamilton & The Rock was only about a 3-4 block walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back