Running Bear's May 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all,

Knew who and what album that Willie stated, but couldn't remember the song title. I've had 2 different copies of of that album, both are now gone (vinyl and tape). May need to get a cd as I finally have a cd player in the truck, but not the wife's Equinox. I have transferred a ton of songs to a USB jump drive that the Equinox can use, but she barely listens to the radio anyway. Can't use the USB in the truck and don't have the ability for satellite radio in it either. Downside of former federal government vehicle. They don't want them tracked...

Nice pictures you guys are sharing. Thanks for that. Wife decided she wants something different for supper, so I have to stop at a food truck on the way home. We've had it before, just been a couple of months since we had them. Always told to avoid the food trucks (roach coach) when I was younger, but several that come through have really good stuff anymore.

Oh well, almost time to go home for the day. You all have a great evening. Storms expected later tonight here.

I

what kind of truck, wasnt aware one could override/bypass that feature- not that I considerate it a necessary one
The newer Ford trucks, there is a driver control to turn off the feature.

My old company gave me one, no manual.

Later realized the headlights did not come on automatically, I drove early mornings on I-94 without lights, no one seemed to notice.

Dave LASM

Good afternoon all! Just got back from a little shoe shopping excursion. No shoes, but an excursion all the same.
Weather wise, warm and humid. We did see some sprinkles on the windshield.
you wife needs a wooden mallet,
Troy - I guess if all the other suggestions Jaz made don't work, the wife is supposed to knock you out with the mallet.

I completed the fire house and set it where it will reside. It still needs to be planted, and a driveway added, but you can get the feel for what it might look like.
1654032052411.jpeg

1654032080565.jpeg

STAY SAFE

LATER

Good afternoon everyone....just arrived home from the cabin. Boy were the winds strong on the interstate highway. Passing semi's was fun as they were affected by the strong winds and were pushed into my lane of traffic..

Just catching up on the Forum because at the cabin I don't access the site since the print is so darn small.

Took the Convertible out of winter storage and of course the battery failed and We needed to buy another battery. When to a small garage that would make a great FSM model!!! Battery was relatively new but it sat at winter without a charge. The owner of the garage sold me the battery at a cost that would match any chain store price.

Brought our flowers for home and the cabin (four plants) in Hancock, Wisconsin. Nice stock of plants with good root systems.

That's all for now......................

Greg

################

While Jaz's idea of the mallet to the noggin may cause a comatose state, I'm saving that for later.

In the meantime, I'll run to target tomorrow to get some melatonin. And some Canadian Whiskey. Anyone have a nice smooth blended Canadian Whiskey they can recommend? I like Monkey Shoulder for the Scotch variety (yes, it's blended). But would like something with half the price tag for a 2 am nightcap/sleepaid.

While Jaz's idea of the mallet to the noggin may cause a comatose state, I'm saving that for later.

In the meantime, I'll run to target tomorrow to get some melatonin. And some Canadian Whiskey. Anyone have a nice smooth blended Canadian Whiskey they can recommend? I like Monkey Shoulder for the Scotch variety (yes, it's blended). But would like something with half the price tag for a 2 am nightcap/sleepaid.
While not Canadian, the Johnnie Walker Blue Label is very smooth, it is a Scotch blend. I do enjoy it. To me it is blended and tastes similar to the Crown Royal products but nicer!

If you are looking though for smooth, Bourbon to me is the smoothest alcohol I have had.

Full disclosure! I have never ever purchased a Tequila, whiskey or Bourbon. So I have no clue on costs. Our bar at the house has an incredible amount of booze received as gifts. My brother along with our son when I retired and moved from No. Central Wisconsin decided to upgrade our bar. Actually, they created one for us. We had 3 opened 10years plus bottles of whiskey, bourbon and gin when I retired. Those we’re for and from my FIL who knew we didn’t have any booze in the house. He would show up alone at the front door unannounced 5-6 times a year. He loved to fish from the dock, shoreline or boats, he didn’t care. We were on Lake DuBay and I think he knew the fishing spots better then the locals. Other then 1 Christmas no others from Terry’s family would trek up the 180 miles from Racine, Wi.

I now when a bottle is received open it, try it and eventually that bottle ends up at the daughter’s house. My brother still sends multiple bottles of booze that he thinks we should try. The son sends the Tequila. He dated a lady whose family owns a blue agave farm and blends their own Tequila In Mexico. He still flies that family around Texas but he no longer flies across the border with them.

I had severe anxiety issues when I took Melatonin, the doctors advice was take 10 milligrams instead of the 5. I tried a finger of bourbon for my sleep issues, didn’t help. Now, I just envision a happy place to clear the mind. Works pretty good. Look up Immersion Therapy.

Troy, I have several things to do to help fall asleep. I've found that alcohol doesn't help all that much.
In no particular order, I:
Use Z-Quil
Melatonin
White noise
Watching a really boring documentary
Playing a random Pentrex rail video (diesel, not steam).

T-minus 12 hours to departure.

Van is about half loaded. Three of the tuxes, the Brides dress, Maid of honors dress, Mother of the bride dress... Plus more suits and dresses all hung up across the back directly behind the rear seats.

I have to go into town to get a few last minute things from the Bride to be. They're flying down tomorrow while the wife and I take one for the team and drive down with a U-HAUL full of decorations.

Tomorrow is going to suck. But it's all worth it!

We will be all packed except 2 bags before going to bed tonight.

Todd, where is the place you think is a slab mine? Other than I-40?
Terry I will drag the laptop out tomorra am and get a Google view from above. This thing is on I40 in TN about mm328. On the way back this afternoon I40 was a PITA and I could not stop for pix. Also, probably NOT a 'slab' mine, probably more of a limestone quarry/pit which because I could not see the top of the thing I'ma assuming it is underground. The outside of the cliff pretty much looked like The Caves in Kansas City MO. I could see more buildings and other workings going West and would still like to get some pix of the stuff. Will see what I come up with with Google.

Terry I will drag the laptop out tomorra am get a Google view from above. This thing is on I40 in TN about mm328. On the way back this afternoon I40 was a PITA and I could not stop for pix. Also, probably NOT a 'slab' mine, probably more of a limestone quarry/pit which because I could not see the top of the thing I'ma assuming it is underground. The outside of the cliff pretty much looked like The Caves in Kansas City MO. I could see more buildings and other workings going West and would still like to get some pix of the stuff. Will see what I come up with with Google.
Can't attach a pix with the tablet...yet as I have not figured it out.

Google Earth if the link works, make it big. You will see two roads/trails going into the bank in the upper portion of the pix. Crab Orchard mine and remember to select satellite.

I had severe anxiety issues when I took Melatonin, the doctors advice was take 10 milligrams instead of the 5.

That is a lot of melatonin. 5 or 10. I can see how it would have an effect of some sort (not good effect).

I was taking 3 (mg or g ??) ones I think and was getting intense dreams and stuff (which I later learned was normal for high doses). Now, when I do take it, I cut those in half or thirds. Melatonin isn't like a normal sleep aid. It helps you get back on schedule when off. I occasionally use a little when I need to get back on a normal schedule, and small doses work great when you travel around the world and want to get a new schedule in the new time zone... Or return back to your own time zone after having been half way around the world.

Try Black Velvet. Waaay cheaper than VO. But then, I’m a cheapskate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back