Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All. Happy first day of spring. The equinox almost coincides with the new moon, which is tomorrow. Partly cloudy and 36° outside right now, southerly winds return today and we are under a wind advisory for three days.
Daughter and oldest grandson drove up from Dallas to retrieve the granddog yesterday. Pretty much shot the whole afternoon, but I need to be social a little more than just the weekly grocery trek! Grandson got his learners permit to drive last summer and Mom let him drive up to here. He's driven home from here before. Of course I couldn't refuse his offer to take me for a ride "around the block". Only problem here is that a trip around the block is 10.5 miles! I'm surprised that his Mom didn't remember that, as she called me twice to find out where we were!o_O It took over 25 minutes. Then we went out to eat Italian food. Of course Grandpa payed. SIL and the other grandson stayed in Dallas and played 9 holes of golf.
I sorta plan to cut down a few excess trees for firewood today. I do have some logs that will be leftover this season, and have another 2-3 weeks supply already cut, but more needs to start drying now. It's too soon to tell if I will have any deadfall this spring. (I think that's the word).

All of the social activity meant that I didn't get out into the train shed yesterday. So that means that I am searching the archives for some work to display. How about a few shots of Old MacDonald's Farm, a cardstock structure on the outskirts of Vernon.
IMG_8222.JPG

IMG_8170.JPG

IMG_8087.JPG

Swal - I fully agree with the assessment of Mike Campbell and George Harrison. They are both very smooth guitar players.
Sherrel - Mexican places closed on Thursday??? Around here they are closed on Monday's.
Chris - I can certainly relate to putting things in a safe place, so safe that I can't find them.
Mike -
In Illinois 8 guys with 4 state trucks would come by
Kudos to the guys car-pooling! We would have 8 trucks including one with a cherry-picker.
In their defense, federal regulations require a "safety guy" to do nothing but stand and watch. He/she also has the phone and knows the 911 phone #.
Troy -
The Yard in this vid is one I used to live about 5 miles from when I spent two decades in Indy.
Disclaimer: I watched this video without the sound, so he may have explained himself in it. I did not like the speeded up action and the really swift pans in the first segment. The hump operations would have been more interesting at normal speed, to me at least. I did see a teaser for another hump action video from the same guy, but I had already spent too much time on videos this morning. I have bookmarked it for later though.

Everybody have a great day.

Good morning all my peeps! You too Sherril!! ;)

Bright sunny Monday, 24° when I left this morning, going to 45°, slowly warming as the week goes on. Today it will be the 1st days of spring as of about 5:30 this evening! Rain for later in the week and the weekend.

Lawn mowers. I bought a John Deere X300 in 2005. It's been great for what it is. The 18 horse V twin Kawasaki cuts grass well, easy to handle , has a beer cup holder, heck it even has cruise control! One thing it lacks is balls. It can barely pull a small cart with firewood in it. My other tractor is a 1967 Cub Cadet 123 with a 12 hp Kohler. It doesn't cut grass anymore because the deck died from rust, but it does have a snow blade that has pushed dirt, tree limbs and gravel, and can pull a single axle trailer with 2 cords of wood on it. In other words, it has balls.
DEBD1FD8-66B9-4070-9A4D-27704DD9B29C.jpeg

Troy -

Disclaimer: I watched this video without the sound, so he may have explained himself in it. I did not like the speeded up action and the really swift pans in the first segment. The hump operations would have been more interesting at normal speed, to me at least. I did see a teaser for another hump action video from the same guy, but I had already spent too much time on videos this morning. I have bookmarked it for later though.
It's worth it with the sound. He gives explanations, and points out landmarks when visible. AND he puts in scanner traffic from the radio between the train operators and the yard operations.

Good morning from the love seat at home in Wisconsin. A whirlwind of the last couple days, I am very happy to be home. Happy first day of Spring.

Duluth, Minnesota was awesome and the NCAA Frozen 4 championship game was outstanding. 6PM celebration on campus this evening to honor the team, and the TEAM had to play as a TEAM to win. They beat a very good Ohio State team.

I will get into the train today. I need my happy place.

Harry is annoyed because he was always treated second to his brother, duh! your names Harry so of course you'll never be King that's why your named Harry and your the number two son, flipping twit.

I liked Harry when he was off in the military and campaigning for veterans and all that. He was respectful and diligent, despite some partying tendencies. Then he fell for Ms Markle. Totally changed him from what I can tell, though I've not been more than a peripheral, if that, observer. (His military and philanthropic / veteran work was occasionally in the news).

He was certainly more charismatic than William and some thought William should step aside for Harry to become King. Then he got stupid.

I use three monitors. a 40" 4K and the iMac 27" screen and off to the side an older Apple 30" (non hi res). The 30" I keep a mail window up and use oit for tracking my incoming email. The main screen is the 40" and the iMac 27" is off to the side and mainly used for a browser -- like now with the forum.

My day job is similar. A 40" 4K as the main, a 32" 4K as the side with the browser, and some HP extra wide in portrait mode as the third that has slack and email on it. Instead of the the HP, when I used a laptop instead of a desk top for work, the laptop screen was the third (and had slack -- the email being on the second with the browser).

Since I work at home, I have several cheap IKEA tables in a U (or more like a J upside down) with the personal stuff on the short leg and bottom of the J and the work stuff on the long part of the J and me in the middle.

Harry, William, William, Harry - heck - give me Kate any day! 😆

My personal opinion - I agree pretty much with what @chadbag said and alluded to - Pre Markle, Harry was a down to earth, sincere and responsible individual who deserved to be respected along side his brother. Post Markle, well - need anything be said that hasn't already been spread all over the worlds media?

In so far as Charlie boy is concerned - I really do believe that he should have stepped aside and allowed William to become King, after all - that is inevitably going to happen one day, and possibly one day sooner than later. I never liked Charlies missus - I think she was just an older version of Markle - a wanna be who needed someone for that to happen. I think the reason Charlie didn't step aside was because of her as she wanted to be the Queen Consort. Perhaps I am wrong I really don't know.

I think the reason Charlie didn't step aside was because of her as she wanted to be the Queen Consort.
Was, she now will be Queen. Charles was never going to step aside, he's waited a long time to be King, one reason obviously being Queen E, who held onto the throne long past when she could have passed it on for reasons we can only speculate on.
How long he will be King is anyone's guess, but doubtful he will reach his mother's age.

When all these empty containers are stacked there...I go buy a company that builds containers. Must be a good source of $$$. After that I buy the Chinese plants that produces all USA scale models and move the production lines to America...problem solved.
Apart from the trillions needed to make such a move, it will only happen if either the American workforce take a 85% pay cut, or the citizens of the US are will to pay 400-500% increase for their goods.

Why buy the Chinese companies at all. Just build your own manufacturing plant. Of course, as @Smudge617 alluded to - no one will buy anything because no one will pay what the American Companies will want. That's why they out source in the first place ;)

Aside from that, what are you going to do - buy all the plants in Taiwan, Indonesia, South Africa as well? Deprive other countries of their income/industry?

Obviously none of that is going to happen as long as the only thing that matters to people is the almighty dollar. It is amazing though how the UK and Japan is able to manage it all so nicely and affordably ;) :)

Why buy the Chinese companies at all. Just build your own manufacturing plant. Of course, as @Smudge617 alluded to - no one will buy anything because no one will pay what the American Companies will want. That's why they out source in the first place ;)

Aside from that, what are you going to do - buy all the plants in Taiwan, Indonesia, South Africa as well? Deprive other countries of their income/industry?

Obviously none of that is going to happen as long as the only thing that matters to people is the almighty dollar. It is amazing though how the UK and Japan is able to manage it all so nicely and affordably ;) :)
Unfortunately about 40% of London is owned by China, and another 40% by Arab states

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back