Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well heck - all I have is four all terrain grass clearers:

u7tWBRo.jpg
I understand that they are low cost, even sheeper by the dozen! And getting a poorly performing one fixed, ain't mutton to it!

I wish that I didn't have to retire my old Craftsman, but it was 18 years old. In the last 12 months, I had to replace two front tires, four wheel bearings, two mandrels (of three), one pivot link, weld a deck support, replace all three blades, replace both the blade belt and drive belt, and repair an oil leak. Some of this was routine and needed to be done annually anyway. I was facing a seat replacement, probable third mandrel, muffler, discharge outlet chute, two rear tires, engine, and several pulleys. The brush guard disintegrated and I think that I might have had a leak in the gas tank. Couldn't really tell, but I could smell gasoline regularly. It was beginning to cost too much to maintain.
Willie, I think my mower is about 22 years old, it was here when we bought the place in 09. I have to work on it every year, mostly carb/fuel issues. It is slowly getting more worn out like me but I wont replace it til it just wont run any more. Maybe it will outlast me and I wont have to worry about it.

I wish that I didn't have to retire my old Craftsman, but it was 18 years old. In the last 12 months, I had to replace two front tires, four wheel bearings, two mandrels (of three), one pivot link, weld a deck support, replace all three blades, replace both the blade belt and drive belt, and repair an oil leak. Some of this was routine and needed to be done annually anyway. I was facing a seat replacement, probable third mandrel, muffler, discharge outlet chute, two rear tires, engine, and several pulleys. The brush guard disintegrated and I think that I might have had a leak in the gas tank. Couldn't really tell, but I could smell gasoline regularly. It was beginning to cost too much to maintain.
I was in the same situation as you. In 2021 my Craftsman mower started giving me problems, and was going to need some work. I bought it in 2002 when we bought this house. It was a great mower for many years. I finally settled on a John Deere since we have a dealer a couple miles away. Nice thing is they come pick it up, service it, and drop it off when done. They both mowed really nice.

Hi all, I hope you're all having a good weekend. I come once again with questions for the wiser. This isn't really a model railroading subject, but something that fascinates me nevertheless. After the IRM acquired IPH 515, it has become my favorite locomotive in their roster. I love it for it's beautiful Illinois Central paint scheme, and because it is a historic streamliner of a bygone day. After endless hours of researching the IPH Streamlined excursions, I have been left curious. I realized that I love seeing old passenger equipment on modern mainlines, and I was wondering if anybody knew of a reliable source of excursion schedules, (I know the IPH is bankrupt). Anyways, I am aware IPH is bankrupt, yet I would still like to know of excursions that are coming up on other lines, (Ex. Sp 4449, CP 2816, UP 4014, C,B,&Q 9911, MILW 261, and many more). Could someone help my find this?

Hi all, I hope you're all having a good weekend. I come once again with questions for the wiser. This isn't really a model railroading subject, but something that fascinates me nevertheless. After the IRM acquired IPH 515, it has become my favorite locomotive in their roster. I love it for it's beautiful Illinois Central paint scheme, and because it is a historic streamliner of a bygone day. After endless hours of researching the IPH Streamlined excursions, I have been left curious. I realized that I love seeing old passenger equipment on modern mainlines, and I was wondering if anybody knew of a reliable source of excursion schedules, (I know the IPH is bankrupt). Anyways, I am aware IPH is bankrupt, yet I would still like to know of excursions that are coming up on other lines, (Ex. Sp 4449, CP 2816, UP 4014, C,B,&Q 9911, MILW 261, and many more). Could someone help my find this?

Here's a few local to here, central east coast that is, just north of Washington D.C. aka Absurdistan.

Did you turn it into a redneck lawn decoration? Or take it to the shooting range to put it out of your misery?
It is currently a redneck YARD decoration. Parts of the engine were sold to my neighbor to repair other peoples mowers. The brand new tires will be salvaged as they are the exact same as the new mower. Battery was used to replace the one on my electric-start tiller which bit the dust last fall, that tiller battery is going to the salvage dealer with many of the metal parts as I slowly dismantle it. Some of the other parts like the fuel and oil filters also fit the new mower and will be set aside until needed. Wiring harness will be removed and will also go to the scrap dealer...copper is going for over $3/lb even with the plastic covering on it. Neighbor may buy additional engine parts besides the ones that he already removed. Overall, I can probably get about $300 in scrap/resale value. I have moved it out of sight of the house, so wife is happy.:D

Came a long way from NP!
Sure did. This line operates a few GP-10s and some GP38s also. They operate the former EL Dover Branch, the Black River & Western, which is former CNJ and PRR's Bel Del Branch,as well as the Southern and Freehold. Once they get the Freehold connected to the Southern in Farmingdale, I Imagine they will expand operations and build the business. Will be interesting.

Morning gents and ladies.

Ginger tea for now FLO.

woke with a headache, so got some tea and wandered down to the cave. Looked at YoooooTubz, and its bot is starting to show me some interesting train videos.

this one is interesting. Railfanner out of Cincinatti. Does a lot of OH, KY, and IN stuff in the states (CSX and NS). The Yard in this vid is one I used to live about 5 miles from when I spent two decades in Indy. It's a tough place to railfan. I'm surprised he found a spot.

FLO - Good to have you back this morning ... Steak and eggs with cottage fries and WW toast, please. Local forecast has 54* as we speak and 60* for a high with rain!

Cloudy and heavy low overcast most of the day, yesterday, but not much happened here.
It is misting a little out there at this time - I will go and check what weatherman has to say.

Couldn't sleep - again - last night. Spousal Unit is leaving this morning for Lauderdale on a two week cruise with the Women's Club (both of her sisters are going too! Perhaps that is the reason I could not sleep - lying there thinking of everything I need to do while she is gone. Her little "jaunts" allows me to leave out the tools everywhere without having to put them away constantly!

Say, You fellows could have your very own "tractor races" this year. My money's own the sheeple brand! They'll get right to the root of things!

Truckdad DAVE! Nice to see your layout. That was going to be my layout size (10x12) in the homestead here until Miss Spousal Unit decided that her saloon would work very well in that spot.
I was wondering how you were holding up with all the water and snow fall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back