Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it takes a bit of time to get from New York you know :D

They aren't much better here Mike, believe me. Come to think about it - (council workers (state/county/town etc) and the same all over the world. It take at least four of em to dig a hole so another four can fill it. One to do the digging, one on standby incase the first one collapses with exhaustion, one to watch over the collapsed guy while the second one digs and the fourth to sit on his butt and supervise :)
What's wrong with that. 🤔 Shovels fall over on hard surfaces that's why you have to lean on them. 😛 Years ago people would fight for those jobs, now these young ones don't want to get their hands dirty.

Greetings all from N California (the "other" CA) where the lakes are full, snow is deep and the roofs are caving in. After 4 days of nice sunshine it's raining AGAIN. No problems down here at 1400' other than a few trees down.
After seeing @santafewillie s new mower I have to show off too so I'll post a pic of my worn out old Craftsmens. I spent a little time in the trainroom a couple days ago and did some vacuuming and track cleaning and then ran the Daylight around the boring circle a bit and moved a car into the sugar mill area. Not building much lately as I am not happy with the way I layed it out and thinkin of making some track changes. I might be able to get back in there if my "tender" runs out of projects for me. Next purchases for me will be several beet gondolas and a couple GE 70 tonners to work the mill. And some sugar hoppers. Otherwise not much else goin on. Heres a couple pics I took of the 10' x 12' train room.
And the mowers. One for mowin and the other for towin.

IMG_1810.jpg
IMG_1811.jpg
mowers.jpg

Afternoon All,

Started out the day at a cool 50F and currently 79F. Started with chores then in the train room I finished cleaning the main loop and main reverse loop which completes the multi day cleaning project. Tomorrow is some grocery shopping and I ordered 2 test signals from D5 Dem Model Smiths that I want to experiment with. On Thursday I'm heading up to Jon's to pick up my painted cabin car (NX23).

Joe- Nice looking diesel although it kind of looks like with the hump that both ends were pushed together :D.

Troy- Congrats on the book. For some reason I thought all your game pieces were 3-D printed.

Willie- Nice layout scenes.

Smudge- Those will be nice layout loads.

Sherrel- Nice picture of you and SWMBO.

Dave- I look forward to seeing your changes.

Tony- Nice models and fuel efficient too.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Greetings all from N California (the "other" CA) where the lakes are full, snow is deep and the roofs are caving in. After 4 days of nice sunshine it's raining AGAIN. No problems down here at 1400' other than a few trees down.
After seeing @santafewillie s new mower I have to show off too so I'll post a pic of my worn out old Craftsmens. I spent a little time in the trainroom a couple days ago and did some vacuuming and track cleaning and then ran the Daylight around the boring circle a bit and moved a car into the sugar mill area. Not building much lately as I am not happy with the way I layed it out and thinkin of making some track changes. I might be able to get back in there if my "tender" runs out of projects for me. Next purchases for me will be several beet gondolas and a couple GE 70 tonners to work the mill. And some sugar hoppers. Otherwise not much else goin on. Heres a couple pics I took of the 10' x 12' train room.
And the mowers. One for mowin and the other for towin.

View attachment 164731View attachment 164732View attachment 164733
Dave: We use the first one like you show in the pix for 'towin', got a new Poulan for mowing a couple of years ago. Wife kept running over rocks with it; we grow them here. Took of the deck and all associated stuff; now have ground clearance. Hmmm, maybe that was last year.

That's a simple case of the people causing the problem playing judge as well. But your right, retaining an attorney would not be financially viable - however, Small Claims Court or taking the City to Arbitration might be a different matter. All depends on how much the repairs will cost and what your daughter is prepared to live with.

Troy- Congrats on the book. For some reason I thought all your game pieces were 3-D printed.

Some are, not all.

If I like the game and it's parent company, I'll purchase the minis from their line if possible. This game currently has 32 different army lists possible (three or four flavors of Elves, two types of Dwarves, two types of Orcs, etc) so some are not well represented by the company's production.

I had this box on my shelf since about 2017, and finally got around to opening it. UGH! Those are horrid. I purchased one of their new sculpts and love them. But this isn't a returnable item due to the time. So, I'm painting them to get them done and on the game table.

I have to show off too so I'll post a pic of my worn out old Craftsmens.
I wish that I didn't have to retire my old Craftsman, but it was 18 years old. In the last 12 months, I had to replace two front tires, four wheel bearings, two mandrels (of three), one pivot link, weld a deck support, replace all three blades, replace both the blade belt and drive belt, and repair an oil leak. Some of this was routine and needed to be done annually anyway. I was facing a seat replacement, probable third mandrel, muffler, discharge outlet chute, two rear tires, engine, and several pulleys. The brush guard disintegrated and I think that I might have had a leak in the gas tank. Couldn't really tell, but I could smell gasoline regularly. It was beginning to cost too much to maintain.

I wish that I didn't have to retire my old Craftsman, but it was 18 years old. In the last 12 months, I had to replace two front tires, four wheel bearings, two mandrels (of three), one pivot link, weld a deck support, replace all three blades, replace both the blade belt and drive belt, and repair an oil leak. Some of this was routine and needed to be done annually anyway. I was facing a seat replacement, probable third mandrel, muffler, discharge outlet chute, two rear tires, engine, and several pulleys. The brush guard disintegrated and I think that I might have had a leak in the gas tank. Couldn't really tell, but I could smell gasoline regularly. It was beginning to cost too much to maintain.
Did you turn it into a redneck lawn decoration? Or take it to the shooting range to put it out of your misery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back