Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mentioned "outcast royal Harry and spouse Meghan" yesterday. Did anyone here know that Meghan appeared in Married with Children back in '95?
Don't mean to be rude, but does anybody really care?
They "stood back" from Royal life as they didn't want to be "in the public eye" and seem to have done as much as possible to do the opposite, which has not endeared either of them in the UK's eyes.
Megan rightly or wrongly is getting a lot of the blame, some believe this was all a stunt to revive her career, such as it was.
My personnel opinion is that they both should shut up and disappear into the nearest rabbit hole and stay there.
And I consider myself a supporter of our Royal family.

I don't think their antics have endeared them to too many people any where. Personally, I agree with you when you say they should both either put up or shut up and disappear.

Look, Harry was a "wild child" and loved the party life - that is no secret. What's her face was a B grade (at best) actress wo was little more than an attention seeker and a gold digger. Harry wanted her for the supposed Hollywood Life Style and she wanted him to become relevant some how.

Does anyone care what they do, where they go or what they say? - most likely not and why would anyone, really?

As with all "flash in the pans' they'll fade into obscurity with her becoming a check out chick at walmart and he'll be the local barman in a wannabe English Pub :)

I don't think their antics have endeared them to too many people any where. Personally, I agree with you when you say they should both either put up or shut up and disappear.

Look, Harry was a "wild child" and loved the party life - that is no secret. What's her face was a B grade (at best) actress wo was little more than an attention seeker and a gold digger. Harry wanted her for the supposed Hollywood Life Style and she wanted him to become relevant some how.

Does anyone care what they do, where they go or what they say? - most likely not and why would anyone, really?

As with all "flash in the pans' they'll fade into obscurity with her becoming a check out chick at walmart and he'll be the local barman in a wannabe English Pub :)
The only way they’d become relevant is if the rest of the royal family died in a freak accident, like in the movie King Ralph.

The whole book thing was simply to generate an income as their personnel security and lifestyle has to be privately funded.
Meghan's career as far as I know has not taken off, and I think all in all, Harry's celebrity status is finally waning in the US. after all, they weren't even invited to the Oscars.

They "stood back" from Royal life as they didn't want to be "in the public eye" and seem to have done as much as possible to do the opposite, which has not endeared either of them in the UK's eyes.
Megan rightly or wrongly is getting a lot of the blame, some believe this was all a stunt to revive her career, such as it was.
My personnel opinion is that they both should shut up and disappear into the nearest rabbit hole and stay there.
No rudeness felt here. I agree with all that you posted. I also support the monarchy even though I am not a subject in any way. I just thought it was an interesting bit of trivia. They need to make as much as they can while they still have notoriety, since King Chuck isn't going to support them.

So I've decided that I definitely want a Bowser.

Disregarding the cost, which would you buy ?

Or maybe this SD40-2

Just waiting for the HMRC website to come back online so I can check out the Import tax on the first one,

Or maybe this SD40-2

Just waiting for the HMRC website to come back online so I can check out the Import tax on the first one,
I’d probably go for the Alco. Mainly because I think the fact they sound like they’ve got a bucket of bolts rolling around inside the crankcase.

Afternoon All,

Started out with a walk at 68F and currently 77F. I have all the cleaning completed on the layout except the mainline and the primary reverse loop. I'll finish that up tomorrow. MOH completes her quilting show today and son will be home from Jax.

My wife wants to go to Puyallup, WA for a national quilt show next February. To sweeten the deal for me she suggests we go to the Cumbres & Toltec and the Durango and Silverton. :D Yes please!

Thank you for the photo likes yesterday.

Christian- Nice action photos!

Mara- Beautiful modeling in your photos. Sounds like a fun trip.

Joe- Nice 1:1 photo.

Willie- Nice looking buildings.

Smudge- I wouldn't buy either! They're too new.:)

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good Morning All!
33F @ 70% sunny and clear.

Not much to report this am. Ordered CYM cartridges for the HP 750C - they send me Epson carts. Complained.

Had to go to my fav lumber company in Troy to pay for benchwork stuff. Wife want some MDF for edging around the mud room and I also needed a 12Ft 4x4. Won't fit in the Edge; so ima waiting for them to deliver it Monday/Tuesday. Low and behold just outa Libby, here comes Amtrak about 1015. Had a BNSF Dash-something on the front towing 2 F40PH's ( not running ) and the rest of the Eastbound Builder. Woops. 4.5+ hours late at that time so looks like something broke between Spokane and the spotted location. I even had a camera with me but as luck would have it there was no way to get pix as she just rounded a corner coming into view with no time to stop. It did take me three looks to finally realize that it was indeed Amtrak. She does about 65Mph in that location even though it is marked 55Mph. Cars coming at me so I could not turn around and head back to the Amtrak Station in Libby. Probably would not have made it in time as that stop is less than 10 minutes. Getting through Libby would have taken me to long. Oh well.

Later

Afternoon All,

Started out with a walk at 68F and currently 77F. I have all the cleaning completed on the layout except the mainline and the primary reverse loop. I'll finish that up tomorrow. MOH completes her quilting show today and son will be home from Jax.

My wife wants to go to Puyallup, WA for a national quilt show next February. To sweeten the deal for me she suggests we go to the Cumbres & Toltec and the Durango and Silverton. :D Yes please!

Thank you for the photo likes yesterday.

Christian- Nice action photos!

Mara- Beautiful modeling in your photos. Sounds like a fun trip.

Joe- Nice 1:1 photo.

Willie- Nice looking buildings.

Smudge- I wouldn't buy either! They're too new.:)

I hope everyone has a good night.
Curt: The main 'National Quilt Show' is in Paducah, KY. That is a tad closer than Wa. Tried to stop there just to see the show but nowhere to slide in 70Ft. Also, Denver is not all that far from KY.

Later

You know something guys - if countries were more interested in production and their customers than they were the frickin' $$$$$$ then they'd manufacture their own stuff and none of this delivery reliability would be an issue, well, would be less of an issue.

Problem is that countries don't want to fork out to manufacture their own stuff and cut into their already obscene profits. The problem isn't with the Chinese or Indonesians or Taiwanese or Sth Africans or any other countries - its with the damn companies that use them so they can make outrageous profits and have excuses for when things don't go right.

That is one of the reasons why I deal with Kato and Peco, because the company whose name is on the product is the mob who makes the stuff and who takes responsibility for it.
He who manufacturers makes money, and he who stupidly stops manufacturing pays through the nose. Trump was a lot pf things but tried to get US more manufacturing, EU when the idea of Brexit reared its head move a lot of manufacturing away from UK, we were given scientists who can get up and walk when the money is pushed elsewhere.
If we want a decent revival we need to up manufacturing, end of.

Plus the real stupidity is, the West won’t deal with despotic countries, but China has bought their minerals with 30 year contacts, which they will rape,and often do no tidying up after either, and as the minerals right don’t regrow, the term DOH comes to mind.

Plastics are a plague at the moment, and governments and companies don’t care as long as they make profits today. if you leave a bottle of water ie plastic bottle in a hot car, the water absorbs plastic, you drink it you absorb plastic. aluminium is blamed for altzeiners, but sugar and plastics are highly likely culprits as well. what is worse they can make less dangerous plastics,but profit is all they care about,

Total agreement, I did once think Charles was a Charlie over the greenhouse effect, but with temperatures rising his concerns are coming to pass, he does charity work through his food company, I like Anne. Frankly Diana was over egged, and Camilla has been far more loyal imo. you can argue divorcee but time has moved on, Willian and Kate come across well, the only bad stuuff about William comes via gossip from Harry, which is unsubstantiated. I am sick of their we want a private life, ooooh look at me. sick of them. I like the monarchy and Charles is clearly showing Andrew that his standing is on a very very thin thread. I suspect that’s only out of respect for his mothers wishes, I bet if Andrew went off into obscurity - yeah like Andrew would let that happen, Charles would breathe a sigh of relief. I am fine with Camilla as Queen and not consort, she has shown her loyalties since they were married. I was very dubious at first, but then all the media hype made her look bad. Frankly I take the media with a pinch of salt nowadays. I loved the Queen, and as for her husband he had a sly wit which I found vastly amusing. I am certain some of his so called faux pahs were not mistakes.
The series the crown annoys me, as even I know there is a lot of lies, and suspect plenty more.

We haven't done it for a couple of years now, but we would go several times a year to Peoria to see the Riverman play. One year My Daughters School had program where if they met a reading goal they got to go to a game, and had a meet and greet with the players, and high five them as they were coming out of the tunnel. All the Kids were thrilled, and it was a great time for them.
That is cool

Or maybe this SD40-2

SD40-2
So is the Northwest Territory in Canada the Siberia for GB. They could send Harry and Meghan there.

Last edited:
Good afternoon (5:30) from Austin, Texas. Just finished a burger from Pterrys an excellent takeout burger and good fries at the son’s place just east of Austin.

We head home to Wisconsin in about 30 minutes. 2.5 hour flight to pickup the grandson and his mom as we then head another 1 hour to Duluth. As soon as Wisconsin won the game yesterday Terry said pack, we‘re going.

The flight Maui (southwest) direct to Austin was close to 6 hours and about 25% empty. Last minute booking last night was easy. It is nice to have a kid with a plane for the rest of the trip.

Good afternoon (5:30) from Austin, Texas. Just finished a burger from Pterrys an excellent takeout burger and good fries at the son’s place just east of Austin.

We head home to Wisconsin in about 30 minutes. 2.5 hour flight to pickup the grandson and his mom as we then head another 1 hour to Duluth. As soon as Wisconsin won the game yesterday Terry said pack, we‘re going.

The flight Maui (southwest) direct to Austin was close to 6 hours and about 25% empty. Last minute booking last night was easy. It is nice to have a kid with a plane for the rest of the trip.

Safe travels Tom!

Or maybe this SD40-2

SD40-2 would be my choice! Hear Bowser makes a nicely detailed and smooth-running locomotive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back