Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased this 14 months ago and I cannot believe the difference well mixed paint makes.I purchased it because it has the Continous run feature instead of just pressing the bottle down to activate. I need to try the stainless mixing balls. Army Painter recommends 2 in each of their bottles.
View attachment 163708

thank you
The mixing balls are a blessing, until one decides to get stuck in the dropper nipple of the bottle.

Do not squeeze extra hard, thinking it's just dried paint.

Those nipples pop right out of the bottles. You get way more paint on your palate than you really want when that happens.

Good Morning All!
26F @ 67% and clear

Got back from Sandpoint about 1700 yesterday afternoon. Doc appointment went good. Wife is now being setup for a stress test out of abundance of caution. Was impressed by the cardiologist. While asking questions; one was: did you get 'the shot/booster(s)'. When we answered 'No' he said 'Good', then 'Why?'. Besides being untested, I told him that I had not had a flu shot since 1978 and figured my system was in good shape as to the biological's and had good natural immunity. Wife stopped doing those flu shots in the early 2000's; probably because of me. Then he had a couple of horror stories about some of his friends and patients about the China virus. She was supposed to see him last week. He had to cancel. Told us that he had an issue and went to emergency telling the desk jockey that he was in the middle of a PE. Ya, sure they said thinking 'some kind of nut'. He flashed his badge and told them he was a cardiologist. Got him right in! My cardiologist retired last year, and I think he will be my new one; will check and if not, I will make it so.

It was snowing big time in Libby as we were getting ready to go; and not knowing the road conditions ... we left early. Anyway, went and had breakfast which still left us some time so I figured we would drive around for a bit checking out railroad locations I knew. Not a train on the way to Sandpoint, not a train in Sandpoint. In fact we did not see anything until our return when we got near Elmira. There was an oiler on the main just starting to head West ( South ). Had 2 CN's on front, 1 CN and 1 BNSF bringing up the rear. Was in traffic so I could not stop for pix. At first I though UP was running on BNSF although I have never seen UP with an oiler. As a note, UP trackage is a few hundred feet from the location we caught this one. Another oiler was Eastbound ( North ) that came out of the hole and we chased that; kinda, until Naples. BNSF was pretty dead.

So, hope that these pix aren't boring - at least there is some proof we were there. Both of Lake Pend O'Reilly ( pon der ray ), one looking up ( North ) the Lake/River, other looking somewhat SouthWest.

0307231153a.jpg

0307231153.jpg

You can kinda see BNSF's long bridge across the lake. New trestle is done, has track. They are now getting ready to run the 2nd track from the bridge to the ( X ) MRL and Kootenai River Sub. Both new little bridges between long bridge and station are in sans ties and track. It is going to be interesting as to what they do with the junction. Besides getting by the Sandpoint Amtrak station, there could be some 'fancy' trackwork at the junction. MRL has a passing siding immediately after the junction, BNSF has the Boyer siding after going across the hiway and waterway; maybe 3/4 mile. BNSF and UP cross at grade just up from the hiway and before the Boyer siding; maybe 2000Ft after the junction. You can get there using Larch, then Boyer Ave, good watching location I might add.

I have asked BNSF guys I happen to run across about how far the double track is going to go, or if it dies at the junction. Nobody is willing to say. I know that the Koot Sub could be double tracked for the most part up to the Flathead Tunnel. Am unsure about the Kootenai River Canyon just after Bonners Ferry though; pretty much from Crossport to Yakt. There are 2 sidings in the canyon: Katka and Leonia; these 2 I have never stood upon as the River is on one side, and a very steep hill on the other. Except for those, I have stood on all sidings between Everett, Wa and East Glacier. When they were working on Katka a few years back I spotted a road going down marked "BNSF construction" but have not found it again. Suspect they trashed it when the work was done. There is a 'pipe' bridge across the Koot at Leonia - maybe some day.

Y'all have a good day.

Later

Well, we are both from the same state and I'm sure there are some other similarities. Note that Texas is nearly 3 times the size of the UK, but y'all have 2.3 times the population. Matter of fact, Russia is the only European country bigger than our state.
Willie: Not to pick nits, Russia is an Asian Country. Also, think that Texas is smaller than China - But the population difference is HUGE!

Later

Morning all,

Went home yesterday afternoon and am here today for several meetings. Tomorrow starts the migration of email to the cloud and no longer a server I need to maintain, per se. Updates and upgrade are them a worry for the provider and not us, although I still have things I'll have to do to keep it up.

Nothing new on the trains and may be a while before I get back to it. Time being what it is and having other things needing a bigger priority.

#2 daughter finally has her state PE (Professional Engineer) license in Electrical Engineering. She thinks that gives her credence over how I wire stuff at the house. She's still bugging me to correct the Wiring in the kitchen, which is safe, just not to code as I have 2 of the outlets not connected to the GFI circuits as they should. Project for another day....

Seems like the more stuff I get done, the more there is to do...

Morning all,

Went home yesterday afternoon and am here today for several meetings. Tomorrow starts the migration of email to the cloud and no longer a server I need to maintain, per se. Updates and upgrade are them a worry for the provider and not us, although I still have things I'll have to do to keep it up.

Nothing new on the trains and may be a while before I get back to it. Time being what it is and having other things needing a bigger priority.

#2 daughter finally has her state PE (Professional Engineer) license in Electrical Engineering. She thinks that gives her credence over how I wire stuff at the house. She's still bugging me to correct the Wiring in the kitchen, which is safe, just not to code as I have 2 of the outlets not connected to the GFI circuits as they should. Project for another day....

Patrick: Geesh, she is the EE, have HER fix the wiring!

Later

Morning all,

Congrats to daughter #2. Let her fix the outlets!

Good morning. It's foggy and 68.
A little over a month ago, I traded in my car.
Monday, I got a letter from North Carolina demanding I pay a fine for not keeping insurance on the car I traded in, unless I could prove I sold or traded it, and then, I may still have to pay a fine. So, I went out to the car to get the envelope with my buyer's order and other paperwork, so I could mail a copy to them and prove I no longer owned the car.
Imagine my surprise when I opened said envelope, and the only thing in it was receipts for my down payment, and temporary registration. So I called the dealership, and they emailed me a copy of my paperwork so I could hopefully keep from having to pay for a dead horse.
Imagine my further surprise when I found out I'd subscribed to Lojack for 3 years, and had taken out a 3 year road hazard insurance policy on tires and wheels that I don't have. I guess I know now why the F&I guy didn't give me a copy in person. Other than the fact I now have a tracking device I don't want on my car, I paid $1300 for stuff I will not use. I sent an email to the dealer, and will be calling them when they open.

The "happy" feeling of having a newer, reliable vehicle is quickly morphing into something much darker.

Good morning from my house to yours! To the Geographers out there I always understood Russia to be a transcontinental country, meaning it resides in both Europe and Asia.

We fly today around 1. The son says the g/f will handle the flight to Scottsdale today and he will just be the co-pilot. He says she has many more hours then him on this type of plane. While his legal fight is not over with the airplane manufacturer it’s getting closer.

I will spend the morning finishing (maybe 1 hour) the sorting of stuff in the train room. Any client car is already marked “in case of“ happens as well as suggested pricing on my own finished cars. The daughter already has access to my Facebook and PayPal accounts. The non-weathered stuff and layout the LHS will handle. I have stuff for sale and if payment comes in the daughter will ship it.

enjoy the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back