Running Bear's March 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot!

There is an Estate Sale on Sunday for those of you that are near Spokane. According to the LHS owner, stuff is supposed to be up on the cheap. Ima gonna trade in my jar of change for this one, then head over to be there at Noon.

IMGP0653.JPG

Print is not all that good, but you should be able to garn the info.

Later

Good morning gang!

51° with rain, temp going to 63° by early afternoon, then dropping to 44° by suppertime. Rain for the weekend too! Lubberly!

Flo, canna I please have 2 eggs over easy, toast, home fries and a side of scrapple!

Gotta remember to order my spline today,, I keep forgetting until its too late in the day to reach the lumber company. (it's a real lumber yard, open 7 to 3 m-f)

Tony, I like your "track inspector" !

Mike, best wishes for the wife's surgery.

Sherril, pup probably just misses his momma, I'm sure he'll perk up.

BBL

Good Morning All. 62° with a moderate thunderstorm that started about 0530. While the thunderstorm won't last much past 0600, it looks like light rain for a couple of hours afterward. I didn't have time to set up the new rain gauge yesterday and the empty straight sided bucket is 225' away, so I'll rely on the local Weather Underground place a mile down the road for results. From what I can see, it looks like .75" so far. Expecting sunshine around 3 pm and clear skies for a few days. Warmer than expected yesterday at 82°, even without any sunshine.
I did plant 12 broccoli plants in the garden yesterday, so they are appreciating the drink right now. Some carrots finally came up in the part of the row that the unknown dog didn't dig up. I did replant all of the onions that were uprooted. With the rain this morning, everything should develop close to normally.

Grocery trip yesterday was profitable. My coupon savings was $49.89, which included a 10% off if my total was above $190. I made sure by purchasing extra beer and my wife bought a few bottles of wine to pad the total. Downside is that the coupon savings reduces my fuel points earned! Interesting in that I don't earn fuel points on alcohol, but it counts toward the 10% savings! Stopped and picked up my tractor/mower's owner's manual on the way home. I'll read it today since it's too wet to use it. I did put 1.5 hours on it already.

Another really sparse day out in the train shed yesterday. Between grocery shopping, garden stuff and the fact that I prepared a 19 lb. turkey for supper last night didn't leave much time out there.Turkey was one of the freebies from Christmas, lots of room in the freezer now. I'll refreeze half of it for the future and make up some individual Ziplocs with a meals worth in each one. Next week will see turkey enchiladas, turkey pot pie, sandwiches and quesadillas. Tonight will be either shrimp or Tilapia.
I did some minor maintenance on a few freight cars that had been left on the RIP track and generally took some update pictures. first one is a view of the latest ground cover extending from the parking lot to the back of the Market and the Cafe. Then there are some overall views.
IMG_3254.JPG

IMG_3255.JPG

IMG_3256.JPG
IMG_3257.JPG
IMG_3258.JPG

Curt - I like the caboose.

Weather Underground is reporting 1.02" of rain. It is just sprinkling lightly now.
National Cheesesteak Day today. Too bad that it's Friday.
Everybody have a great day and a wonderful weekend coming up.

Good morning from another weather confused day in So. Central Wisconsin. We made adjustments for the 3-6” of heavy wet snow that was to arrive last night. Terry told me around noon yesterday the storm is delayed now until Friday night till noon Saturday. I turned down a Friday op session because of the predicted storm about 1 hour’s drive northeast of me. Saturday I was planning a 2 hour drive to Appleton for their yearly train swap meet. I have 4 clients that will have tables there and I am back to looking for modern rail cars. Mainly tank cars for either acid and sulfur. I still may go as I really can’t believe this 4-6” storm will cause much impact to the roads. This is Wisconsin after all. Plus I would be able to pick up 2 of the clients next weathering projects.

I have taken to making offers on EBay looking for the sulfur cars. So, far I have been denied. I have a paper mill commission that after much internal debate and discussions with Terry and my occasional helper daughter, they agreed it will be good for me. The daughter will cut the framework as she has a neighbor who does woodworking as a hobby. He has all the great tools. I also have a friend who will be a helper when we get to the track and wiring phase. We will be using Walthers code 83 on the main and MicroEngineering code 70 for most of the paper mill internal trackage. The 3 pulp yard tracks “maybe“ code 55 but the client must source the rail. Weathering slows down in Summer and I have until American Thanksgiving to complete the project. The paper mill uses sulfur that’s why the need for the cars. Speaking yesterday with the project owner, he will also start looking for the cars. Alcomotive (James) got me making the offers on EBay.

I have a love for paper mills and this project should be fun for me. Plus I can post pictures as I move along. I did order Wednesday 4x8 sheets of styrene from a plastics supplier in Milwaukee. Next week Terry and I will drive over to pick it up. .080, .060 and .040 are the thicknesses and the 12 sheets will save a ton of dollars. This will mostly be flat roof construction and a facade background. The only kits purchased maybe the modern conveyors from Walthers but the owner isn’t too keen for them. The pipe racks, the supporting stands and pipe elbows are already starting to come off the daughter’s 3D printers.

So, I am happily busy. For the wire armature tree project I have all the wires cut, twisted and another 200 formed. This gives me 400 shipped, 600 more formed and dipped. The 200 newly formed need to be dipped and that part is done. I am actually way ahead of schedule. I am far enough ahead that I messed up his budgeting. Deliveries will slow down but I want these done. The weathering is going well, especially after the last 3 days of uninterrupted time. Today I go back to no train room time after dinner. I can add the fiber mesh to the trees though while watching hockey in the evening. I have a table that fits over my chair in the cave for when I watch the games to work on the trees.

Enjoy the day

Morning from the WEST! 47 degrees to start and only 62 for the high. Mostly sunny and breezy.
Sure nice to see some sunshine for a change?

Charlie is better this morning. Last night he would not eat the scrambled eggs, but he did eat 1/2 can of chicken vienna Sausage. This morning he lined up for the PupRoni handout about 1/3 of a stick.
So he is better - I am not ..... started having chills yesterday afternoon and wound up in bed at 7 PM; I did not want any food but continued to drink a lemon type electrolyte that the daughter had given me. After crawling into bed, I managed 3 running trips to the pottie. Fairly weak this morning - need to look for some soup.
BBL

Good Morning everyone.

Upper 30s to start the day maybe touching 50 later. The rain and storms never materialized last night. Looks like maybe a rain snow mix for the weekend ☹️ .

Going to head sownstairs and do some more weathering practice. I got a new batch of Lifelike cars to practice on. I will have them up on the Mail call thread shortly.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Morning from the WEST! 47 degrees to start and only 62 for the high. Mostly sunny and breezy.

Charlie is better this morning. Last night he would not eat the scrambled eggs, but he did eat 1/2 can of chicken vienna Sausage. This morning he lined up for the PupRoni handout about 1/3 of a stick.
So he is better - I am not ..... started having chills yesterday afternoon and wound up in bed at 7 PM; I did not want any food but continued to drink a lemon type electrolyte that the daughter had given me. After crawling into bed, I managed 3 running trips to the pottie. Fairly weak this morning - need to look for some soup.
BBL

Get some rest. Hope you feel better soon!

Glad to hear the pup is better.

Rough day for the wife as she is prohibited from taking ibu. Ibu works by reducing swelling so I get to help her walk as her knee swelled up last night. Come on Thursday!
Mike
Sorry to read that. After all of my wife's knee replacement surgeries, they gave her Hydrocodone. In all cases, that lasted one day as she had rather been in pain than be totally knocked out and woozy. Semi-conscious at best.

For the gamers out there:

So I was on FB and saw a post by a company that had t-shirts with the covers from the 1E AD&D books on them. Pretty cool. I said they would be better if they had them without the words "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" so it would be "if you know, you know" type thing. They post a link to a "limited edition" one that had the words removed. Very cool.

https://1straces.com/dd11-1

(I am not affiliated with them and get nothing from this -- I just thought it pretty cool and did order one since they responded so quickly to my comment and I've loved this image since I was in 8th grade -- this image is one of the ones that fueled my imagination as a teen ager playing AD&D).

Afternoon All,

Started out putting weed & feed in the yard followed by ant bait (damn red ants). After that I did a little weathering to the cabin car. After lunch I continued chauffeuring MOH delivering the "best of" plaques. One more left to do. After that we went to Sam's Club. Not sure what's on the agenda for tomorrow.

Thank you for all the photo likes.

Sherrel- Thank you. I'm glad Charlie is feeling better, and I hope you feel better soon.

Hughie- Great looking layout.

Joe- Thank you. It would look good, but it is so fragile that it will sit on a roundhouse track.

Tony- That's very cool.

Willie- Thank you. Nice scenes. I like the photos that look down track.

Mike- I hope your wife feels better soon.

I hope everyone has a good night.

BBL
Glad the pup has proven he can eat, so separation anxiety is a possibility, sorry your unwell, try hot lemon preferably real fruit,or water and apple cider vibegar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back