Running Bear's March 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all!
32F now, weather guessers say near 60F later.
We are headed to Louisville in about 1/2 hour. Mr Garmin says it is 2008 miles. Probably will be 3 stops for sleep. Don't have to be there until Thursday and am planning on stopping at a couple tourist attractions: Lizard display just after you get into S.Dakota and Silo 5 just after Wall. Gonna try ( again ) for the UP display in Counsel Bluffs as we do not have 70ft yet so that should be easier.
Company has made it so we do not have to do all the preliminary stuff, they are just gonna hand us keys, fuel cards and probably new ID's. I will try and keep y'all posted where we are along with more RR pix.
Later!
Have fun...At least when I traveled for work, I tried to have fun.

Once again, I failed to hit "Post Reply". This was written 4 hours ago!
Good Morning All. Welcome to the first day of Spring. Clear and 51°, probably reaching 80° later today. Yesterday was only 76°, tomorrow 100% chance of thundershowers and just 65°. Cooler Tuesday and then a return to normal springlike conditions. The garden would love to have rain tomorrow, as would all of the trees that are just waiting to bud out.

Made the trip to North Dallas yesterday, to return the other granddog and retrieve my wife. Saturday afternoon driving in Dallas was somewhat stressful as there sure seemed to be a whole lot of idiots out and about. On the way home, there was an accident northbound on IH 35 right at the exit we normally take. The backup was over 15 miles since it is preceded by a bridge where there are no service roads to route traffic onto. Knowing ahead of time that it was there, I was able to take an alternate route that is only a half mile longer but with lower speed limits. The upcoming rebuild of IH 35 will be adding those service roads, but it hasn't started and will take many years to complete. They are already removing buildings and relocating utilities along the right of way already. Going from four lanes to eight lanes with all service roads flying over cross streets. The whole project is 50 miles from Denton TX to the Oklahoma border.

Thanks for all of the likes and comments regarding yesterday's loco power pictures; Smudge, Lee, Patrick, OB Ken, George, Tom O, Gary, Steve J, Mikey, Hughie, Greg, Tom, IB Ken, Curt, Louis, Rick, Guy, Sherrel, Tom H, Chad, Joe.

Another busy day yesterday cut into train shed time. I broke a smoke jack on a caboose as I moved it to the other end of a train in the single-ended staging yard. It is a cheapo Bachmann caboose from 30 years ago that I have removed the truck mounted couplers,added Kadee coupler boxes and couplers, installed metal wheels and styrene glazing. Just went to the stash of smoke jacks for a new one, trimmed and installed it.
Let's see if I have any motive power pictures left to post.
I have a couple of high horsepower Athearn Genesis F45's.
IMG_7004.JPG

IMG_7005.JPG

IMG_7006.JPG

The trailing one is actually an FP45 with passenger livery, but that actually carried over a bit into my era.
IMG_7007.JPG

Todd - Mountain goats is what they looked like, but what are they doing on top of the CP loco???
Tom O - The change in travel plans is interesting. Hope that you have some time to spend in Nashville. Scenery will be quite different than driving. Does the g/f not like riding in the new truck that uncle gifted your son?
Tom -
Willie- The Santa Fe's look great. Did you advance consist them.
Thanks. I run DC only so no advanced consisting is possible. However I only run like power from the same manufacturer with one another and they are all pretty well matched.
Louis - I wasn't insinuating that there was anything wrong with imitation crab meat. Since I never had anything other than a blend, I cannot really compare. I like to eat all forms of salt water creatures, but I don't really like fresh water fish like catfish or crappie.
Lee - Loved the car wreck pictures yesterday. Gives me an idea that I might incorporate on my layout.
Curt - You're correct in labeling the CF7's as ugly. They were always known as ugly ducklings to ATSF railfans around here.
Chad - I no longer start my own tomato plants. I did for many years when I was feeding three kids and I was planting 120-145 tomato plants every year. I started them in mid-January here for setting out in the last week of March. I have since dismantled my greenhouse as well. Since I now only plant ~60 plants a season, I purchase them from my local nursery/seed/feed store. They mainly carry the small six-packs of plants and carry the same heirloom varieties that I used to grow, Ritgers, Purple Cherokee and Black Krim. They also carry Early Girl, Celebrity and other early season varieties that do well in my soil.

Let's get this day started - It's now up to 59° and totally calm Everybody have a great day and stay safe. Time to use your sunscreen.

Good Morning All. Welcome to the first day of Spring. Clear and 51°, probably reaching 80° later today. Yesterday was only 76°, tomorrow 100% chance of thundershowers and just 65°. Cooler Tuesday and then a return to normal springlike conditions. The garden would love to have rain tomorrow, as would all of the trees that are just waiting to bud out.

Made the trip to North Dallas yesterday, to return the other granddog and retrieve my wife. Saturday afternoon driving in Dallas was somewhat stressful as there sure seemed to be a whole lot of idiots out and about. On the way home, there was an accident northbound on IH 35 right at the exit we normally take. The backup was over 15 miles since it is preceded by a bridge where there are no service roads to route traffic onto. Knowing ahead of time that it was there, I was able to take an alternate route that is only a half mile longer but with lower speed limits. The upcoming rebuild of IH 35 will be adding those service roads, but it hasn't started and will take many years to complete. They are already removing buildings and relocating utilities along the right of way already. Going from four lanes to eight lanes with all service roads flying over cross streets. The whole project is 50 miles from Denton TX to the Oklahoma border.

Thanks for all of the likes and comments regarding yesterday's loco power pictures; Smudge, Lee, Patrick, OB Ken, George, Tom O, Gary, Steve J, Mikey, Hughie, Greg, Tom, IB Ken, Curt, Louis, Rick, Guy, Sherrel, Tom H, Chad, Joe.

Another busy day yesterday cut into train shed time. I broke a smoke jack on a caboose as I moved it to the other end of a train in the single-ended staging yard. It is a cheapo Bachmann caboose from 30 years ago that I have removed the truck mounted couplers,added Kadee coupler boxes and couplers, installed metal wheels and styrene glazing. Just went to the stash of smoke jacks for a new one, trimmed and installed it.
View attachment 143251
View attachment 143252
View attachment 143253
The trailing one is actually an FP45 with passenger livery, but that actually carried over a bit into my era.
View attachment 143254

Todd - Mountain goats is what they looked like, but what are they doing on top of the CP loco???
Tom O - The change in travel plans is interesting. Hope that you have some time to spend in Nashville. Scenery will be quite different than driving. Does the g/f not like riding in the new truck that uncle gifted your son?
Tom -

Thanks. I run DC only so no advanced consisting is possible. However I only run like power from the same manufacturer with one another and they are all pretty well matched.
Louis - I wasn't insinuating that there was anything wrong with imitation crab meat. Since I never had anything other than a blend, I cannot really compare. I like to eat all forms of salt water creatures, but I don't really like fresh water fish like catfish or crappie.
Lee - Loved the car wreck pictures yesterday. Gives me an idea that I might incorporate on my layout.
Curt - You're correct in labeling the CF7's as ugly. They were always known as ugly ducklings to ATSF railfans around here.
Chad - I no longer start my own tomato plants. I did for many years when I was feeding three kids and I was planting 120-145 tomato plants every year. I started them in mid-January here for setting out in the last week of March. I have since dismantled my greenhouse as well. Since I now only plant ~60 plants a season, I purchase them from my local nursery/seed/feed store. They mainly carry the small six-packs of plants and carry the same heirloom varieties that I used to grow, Ritgers, Purple Cherokee and Black Krim. They also carry Early Girl, Celebrity and other early season varieties that do well in my soil.

Let's get this day started - It's now up to 59° and totally calm Everybody have a great day and stay safe. Time to use your sunscreen.
Thanks Willie. I like that Flatcar with the stakes and pipe load? That gives me a idea thanks for sharing. I have to get started transplanting in the house this week it’s getting that time of year isn’t. I had good luck with Early Girls Tomatoes think I’m going to go with them again this year. Take care.

I loved those old Avalon Hill board games!
Yes, I agree with you Bruette about the old Avalon Hill board games. I still have Battle of the Bulge and Gettysburg. I used to play Battle of the Bulge with a friend of mine and we played the game for an entire afternoon.

I recently found out that a friend's Father was in the Battle of the Bulge and was wounded and received several Metals of Honor for his actions in the battle.

Your move!!!

Greg

Ok, Been sidetracked on some old games I enjoyed in the past. Actually had more than I thought. Had to play a couple of levels on my beta test game.
Box eliminating again this morning found some items we knew we had but didn't know where we had them. Found one of my hand-built O gauge models I built as a junior in HS. Little worse for the wear, but still recognizable
20220320_135814.jpg

20220320_135849.jpg

20220320_135913.jpg

Even put a little catalog in there to do your final paperwork. Hard to believe i did that in 1978.

Afternoon All,

Started out with a few chores then headed to the train room. I connected the warehouse to the lighting buss (I'll take a couple photos when it gets dark). After that I did more ground cover and finally added details to this section of the build. The stock pen in the one photo is there for my potential placement. If I do, it would be a stop for cattle being transported to be fed and watered before continuing onward, but I'm not sure about it yet.

Thank you for the photo likes yesterday.

Lee- Thank you. Nice scenes and loads.

Willie- Nice set of loco photos.

Patrick- Nice john.

Terry- I'm glad that it appears that things are starting to look up. Maybe the UTI was helpful in the long run.

Gamers- I had 2 war games as a teenager (very long time ago) Afrika Korps and NATO (both circa early 1970's). And I still have both in a closet. I do remember that no matter how many times I played as NATO I was always overwhelmed by numbers.

Joe-
Thank you. Dad is doing fine post-surgery. One thing that concerns me is the pacemaker (inside heart) is so new that the Medtronics rep has to be present when doing something with the pacemaker. Nice looking load and track work.

layout5.jpg

layout6.jpg

layout7.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Might be nice tho', if one of your neighbours could come and just sit with her while your gone.
Great to hear she's up and about, obviously a long way to go though, sure she will improve more with your TL
Caffeine free diet coke or caffeine free diet Pepsi for me please. I buy which ever is on sale.
Supply chain issues caused both to be in short supply or out of stock all together. Things have been better lately.
For some reason I don't like the other no calorie versions as much.
Ok I am putting my running shoes on here, knee may hinder me running in actual fact but you’ll realise I may need a quick get away, I cannot stand Pepsi,coke or similar,it leaves a film on my teeth that makes me 😬 cringe, and to be honest it tastes crap too,I am not much of a fan of sodas in general although I can stomach a dr peppers, but would not bother to buy one to drink at home, only buying out if choices are limited and prefer water, a lemonade with real lemon can past muster and if I have a bad stomach will try a ginger 🍺 beer, but basically I think pop or soda is gross, looks left,looks right, in case of incoming missiles, am standing by a wall to avoid a smack to the back of the head.
I like a icecream is soda because of the chemical reaction but that would be a lemonade with real lemon,and frankly I cannot remember how many years since I had one, maybe 3 when we had the first heatwave.
coka a cola, shudders, Pepsi slightly better but no so just 🤮 gross. on a hot day a nice cool tap water, or bottle water with a couple of slices of real 🍋 lemon is just perfect. The craze for a glass bottle with fruit in is but messy.
Good Morning All. Clear, dark and 42° here this morning, headed up to 76° later on today.

Another 7.5 hour sleep period last night. I feel great this morning. Maybe the restless, sleepless nights are behind me now. Still had to take a potty break , but I was able to return to sleeping. I realize that those breaks will never go away, they were there long before the recent sleep issues.

The postponed corned beef and cabbage will be tonight. I will fix mine in the crockpot with carrots and onions. No potatoes here to reduce the carb count.

As I posted yesterday, I did get the tankless water heater working again. I had to replace the flow sensor and a heating element. I probably ruined the heating element myself by leaving the breakers on after the flow sensor failed. However only one of the two elements disintegrated, so I will return the other one to Amazon for a refund. The flow sensor was $18 and the new element was $40. Cheaper than a new unit! It was also the easiest plumbing repair that I have made. Since it is mounted on the wall, there was no stooping or crawling under and into cabinets or under the house involved in the repair.
In addition to getting the water heater back into service yesterday, I made a trip to the feed & seed store to get some nursery plants. A bit disappointing as they did not have some of what I wanted. They had every member of the cabbage family (collards, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and cabbage) but no broccoli. I did get some lettuce and spinach plants which I will plant today. I have already planted red lettuce and cabbage along with onions last week or so. I did pick up squash and green bean seed but it is too early for tomato or pepper plants. It's too early to be planting them or the green beans. The squash I will plant in pots indoors to get an early start. So to make the trip more worthwhile, I also stopped at the German sausage place, Rumpy's, and picked up some summer sausage and dinner links and brats.

Thanks for the likes on the engine pictures yesterday; Hughie, Tom O, Louis, Dave B, Patrick, Chad, Troy, Steve J, Gary, Smudge, James, IB Ken, Tom, Rick, OB Ken, Lee, Joe, Guy, Tom H.

I finally got to spend about an hour in the train shed yesterday. I did a little more ground cover but I mostly moved trains around.
A pair of Dash9-44CW's in the staging yard getting ready to depart northbound on the upper level.
View attachment 143152
For Sherrel, my complete line-up of CF7's.
View attachment 143157
View attachment 143160
View attachment 143161

Louis - Unless you are making your own, I don't know of any crab cakes at any grocery or inland restaurant that does not use some imitation crab in their crab cakes.
Lee - No worry about the rooster. My neighbor raises them for sale on the Oklahoma Indian Reservations where cock-fighting is still quasi-legal. I hear them 24/7.
Todd - I can't really tell, but what are those two things on top of CP8917???
Mike - Hope that the docs can get it figured out quickly.

Everybody have a great day and an awesome weekend.
I have planted early potatoes in the poly tunnel as it is probably big enough to avoid frost I mixed them with peas brown from a supermarket packet technically out of date but they are popping up nicely, so pea salad and perhaps later peas.
perpetual spinach had dropped seed and I had spring spinach for free,the birds are very grateful, I am interplanting with my own brown leeks.
Another bed has spring onions and radish,the radish is collected seed where I let plants stay in beyond being edible so I let them run.
Broad beans a few were soen January and just gone out. Yes I know technically very late.
In the conservatory some hot wax Hungarian peppers down January are now 2 in and being repotted in toilet rolls , they are a pale green/white sweet pepper,well sweet might be an exaggeration but very moorish, they need a long time but hopefully the new polytunnel will give them that
Tomatoes have been seeds and potted in toilet rolls, roots are no escaping out the bottom and need potting into something bigger, won’t survive a cold snap, last few years conservatory has provided enough cover.
Asparagus seed is popping. Asparagus outside needs checking if I can walk over the rough ground.
Several parsnips have been discovered dug up and eaten.
Npthing ie pretty with my knee, it’s all lucky to even get under way. that said I have been dancing cautiously, and can walk slowly and carefully up the steps using one then the other foot instead of a 1,2 first step 1,2 next step, and me knee is willing to move in a number of angles it had screamed about, so the last month a massive improvement, tries running om(f)g don’t do that it HURT big time, one speedy step and my knee was like you crazy crazy bird! Still not always in pain as previously and my patella seems to have settled into a safe and happy spot.long may it continue

Conservatory has

Ok, Been sidetracked on some old games I enjoyed in the past. Actually had more than I thought. Had to play a couple of levels on my beta test game.
Box eliminating again this morning found some items we knew we had but didn't know where we had them. Found one of my hand-built O gauge models I built as a junior in HS. Little worse for the wear, but still recognizable
View attachment 143270
View attachment 143271
View attachment 143272
Even put a little catalog in there to do your final paperwork. Hard to believe i did that in 1978.
Spot on,total winner.

Question for the rural types, especially our British and European friends:

What's on top of stone fences? Just stones? Smaller stones? Plant growth? A layer of mortar?

Why?

I recently had two 3D print runs of stone wall fencing fail on the top two or three layers. That left the stone walls with open voids at the top. The voids went all the way down the print, so I had to close them. The easiest way was Gorilla Glue (polyurethane) and a dip into WS Fine Ballast.

The printer issue was a loose tensioner arm on the extruder. I didn't want to toss them since they were almost complete.

These will get used on gaming tables for our toy soldiers (aka Man-Barbies), and need to be fairly robust for transport to and fro.

My default thought was to paint the glue and ballast layer in grey for a mortar topper. But, I wondered about adding some flock of various shades, and maybe tree bits for either moss or ivy? I'd need to have some creepers up the walls if I went with ivy.

So... what's on your stone walls?
Birch seed painted shiny green will make good ivy and hide the lines

...Annnnd my wife got transported to the hospital again.
Initial diagnosis is a UTI, along with the other stuff.
More news to follow.
UTI I assume this covers a urinaru infection, my dad had those several times and hallucinated every time, it thought we had soldiers in the garden, that I was standing on broken glass, that there was writing on the walls and ceiling, and while queuing in the hospital with the ambulance he saw a paramedic turn into a ballerina! Black bloke, pink tutu.

View attachment 143251
View attachment 143252
View attachment 143253
View attachment 143254

Tom -

Willie, based on the conversation with the son this morning it seems the truck made her realize this might be a good family to be part of. He had been driving around in a 2009 Tundra (sold officially yesterday). She didn’t like it.

Kind of interesting she is just realizing that now. He has taken her to Hawaii to the brothers house there before it was sold. The brother’s former Arizona place a couple times and brought her home to Wisconsin a few times. Since the truck showed up he says she has become clingy. The day she mentions kids though it definitely will be over. I doubt they will be together by the end of the month after talking this morning.

It was nice driving I35 after the re-do from Fort Worth to Temple. I never enjoyed the west bound ride between the state line and Fort Worth. So it’s a good thing we are flying.

Nashville is a great place. The daughter actually a few years ago checked the schools as they were thinking of moving there. Been there a few times and the son prefers to fly there instead of stopping in Kansas or Oklahoma.

TomO

Good evening Shop Dwellers!

Continuing to offer prayers for Terry and Marie, good to know that her condition has improved. Concerned though about the lack of transparency at the hospital...

HubCity Mike - good luck with your Cardiologist visit, hopefully a simple solution will be found.

Lee - I really like that photo of an earlier-era Cat scraper - is it 1:87? If so, who made those? It looks just like the ones I used to watch operating when I was a kid in the 1960's. I'd like to eventually acquire one of them and give it the same treatment as I did with a few of my Kibri front-end loaders.

I had a somewhat disturbing conversation with my [P.A.] son earlier today. He thinks that, because of my out-of-control reflux, I'll probably need some kind of metal ring installed at the base of my esophogus to keep stomach acid from splashing up and eventually causing cancer to develop. Just what I wanted...more surgery [NOT]!o_O My G.I. doc already has me getting an endoscopy every two years, guess I'll have to see what he says during my next consult.

On a more uplifting note, I'll be heading up to Malvern, PA (suburb of Philly) next weekend for a Railway Prototype Modelers' annual meet at the Desmond hotel. It will be the first such gathering I've been at since 2019, before the pandemic. Hoping to reconnect with a number of mrr friends that I normally only see at this event.

No layout news or photos worthy of sharing at this time...sorry 'bout that.

Good Night - and have a Pleasant Tomorrow!

Lee - I really like that photo of an earlier-era Cat scraper - is it 1:87? If so, who made those? It looks just like the ones I used to watch operating when I was a kid in the 1960's. I'd like to eventually acquire one of them and give it the same treatment as I did with a few of my Kibri front-end loaders.
Ken. It’s a 1/87 Roco. Roco bought out Umex Mini Miniatures. I also like those Kibri kits I have several of them. I used to watch these too very fascinating. Thanks for the complement.

Good evening. 49°, partly cloudy and breezy. going down to 39°, with NW wind around 15MPH, gusting to 30MPH. Sunny and 62° tomorrow.

Wife has a full schedule planned for tomorrow, so I have to get an early start. Think we are cleaning the carpet in the family room first. :rolleyes:.

NOVA beat Ohio State to advance to the Sweet 16. Meanwhile Duke advanced beating Michigan State, as Coach K' s Last Hurrah continues.

I spent a good part of the afternoon and evening down in the train room, not only running trains, but running wire, (buss), to the yard modules.
One drop had to be re soldered three times before I got it right. Once I cleaned up the joint, the two six axles ran through to the next frog without incident. Probably ache all over tomorrow, but nothing like success to make one feel better.

Tug Cincinnati.jpg

PRR Tug Cincinnati...Builder Photo, built by Dravo ShipYards. Last PRR/PC Assignment Cape Charles, VA and Little Creek, VA Car Float operation.
I crossed the Chesapeake Bay once on sister Tug Philadelphia. Powered by a 1200HP EMD Marine Diesel, no less. Maintained by the same Mechanical Employees, that maintained the Diesel Locomotives at Little Creek Engine House.

I no longer start my own tomato plants. I did for many years when I was feeding three kids and I was planting 120-145 tomato plants every year. I started them in mid-January here for setting out in the last week of March. I have since dismantled my greenhouse as well. Since I now only plant ~60 plants a season, I purchase them from my local nursery/seed/feed store. They mainly carry the small six-packs of plants and carry the same heirloom varieties that I used to grow, Ritgers, Purple Cherokee and Black Krim. They also carry Early Girl, Celebrity and other early season varieties that do well in my soil.

Willie- mid-March is too early for any plants up here. Spring up here usually doesn’t begin until Mother’s Day yet. Maybe not even then. We had snow on Mother’s Day 2 years ago. I see you grow Rutgers variety of tomatoes. They are aka Jersey Tomatoes.
All- thanks for the well wishes. Hopefully, tomorrow’s appointment with the device clinic will be educational & I can get some answers as to what was going on this weekend.
Joe- you realize that Nova is in the South Region, because the committee pretty much HAD to put there(or the West or Midwest).
My Badgers lost to IA St today. More like, they beat themselves. They shot 2-22 outside the arc. Their long game was hot or miss all season. In the tournament, shooting that goes cold is a likely death knoll, Just ask UK & what happens when you can’t make free throws in OT.

Thank heavens for Steam. Through it I am still able to play Railroad Tycoon III which was built for Windows XP. It sort of worked on Windows 8 but then stopped with anything above that. Now with Steam, I am playing again! Whoo Hoo.

Iron Horsemen, Steam is amazing and the discounts they offer from time to time have saved me a fortune when buying games for my grandson.

Good evening, ladies & gents. Thank you for the well wishes. They discharged me this afternoon & want me to follow up with a general cardiologist. I have an appointment with the pacemaker clinic on Monday for them to to s download from my pacer.

Mike, I'm so glad to hear you are doing better! My advice, listen to your doctors.

HJearts of Iron is great. All the other games form Paradox (IIRC) are great but Europa Universalis (whatever number they are up to) is really good.

The "Third Reich" PC games was a disappointment. The board game is much better.

I've been thinking about picking up the latest versions of ASL. I was a big Squad Leader fan (have almost 2 full sets of original SL and all the add-ons) and also picked up some of the original ASL stuff when it came out but didn't do much with it. I wqas looking last year and it has been revamped and has a new home and it looks really good.

Chad I've played some other games from Paradox, I enjoyed them all.
Probably my favorite early war game on the PC was "Steel Panthers"
Third Reich was my favorite Avalon Hill game! You are correct, the PC version was a big disappointment.
I never played squad leader. I read lots about it in the Avalon Hill magazine, "the General". I watched it being played at the Avalon Hill store at Saint Paul and Read streets here in Baltimore. Its a very complex game from what I understand. I remember it having one of the highest complexity ratings. It could be hard to find players for these games. I bought Squad Leader, but regrettably I never played it.
More than any others I played "Afrika Korps", "Tactics II", "War at Sea", "Midway", " Luftwaffe" and "Panzer Blitz".
There were other games I played as well " Magic Realm", others I can't remember off the top of my head and "Dungeons and Dragons"
I even played a few games by mail.
I was and still am a big fan of games. I just can't find time to play any more.
I do play some board games with my wife and grandson, "Monopoly", " Masterpiece", "Payday", "Yahtzee" and others. If we don't finish a game we leave it on the table and finish another day.

Good morning. It's windy and 46.
My wife's condition has improved quite a bit since they started treating her for the UTI.
According to the hospital, my wife refused rehab. My wife says she was never asked, and the doctor told her she didn't need it. If we said or did anything about it, I'm sure there would be a massive case of CYA, with bad feelings and attorney fees, and little else.
I DO know this time she will be going to a physical rehab center.
Terry, that is great news!
Louis, you should check out the John Tiller game series. Now being published under "Wargame Design Studios" as John passed away about a year or so ago. Many of those series 'play' like the old boardgames. I am big into Squad Battles, a tactical squad and individual vehicle series that has titles from WW1 to Modern era.

I also do a bit of scenario play-test and design work for the Naval Campaigns series.

Thank you, sounds like fun, I only wish I had more time.

Terry: I agree with your thoughts here, Ever since the hospitals found a way to keep family out of the process, they have pretty much done what they wanted. Important that Marie is doing much better. Hopefully the rehabilitation will help her.

Mike: Happy you are doing better. Take care.

Lee : Love the road paving machine. Nice photos.

Patrick: Out of curiosity, is this a Dell? Reason I ask, is that that the cord wiggling in the jack is the primary issue with hers. Since we are looking to replace her lap top, and want to avoid what appears to be Dell's Achilles Heel.

Curt: I don't know if IB Ken would agree. ;) The GP30 unveiled a lot of new color schemes...the Yellow and Green scheme on the Reading, replacing OD Green, B&O's solid blue "Sunburst" scheme, and PRR's "Keystone" scheme.

Like your photos, you are making a ton of progress on your layout. How's your dad doing?

View attachment 143239
Finished project. Something frequently observed at Port Newark, NJ. Have a second project involving either a 53' or 60' flat.

Shout out to the St. Peters mens basketball team, which defeated Murray State to advance to the next round of the NCAA tournament. St. Peters is located in Jersey City. Villanova plays Ohio State this afternoon. NHL Trade Deadline is 3PM tomorrow. Plan on watching the extravaganza on TSN, assuming ESPN+ streams it. Trade deadline day, never quite lives up to the hype.
Boris as always, thank you for sharing pictures, I enjoy them!

Last edited:
Well,

Not all is lost...Found that my Age of Empires 3 works, so I'm assuming the Warchiefs expansion disc and the Asian Dynasties expansion set for this game will work as well. I'll get them later. Hopefully my Rise of Nations and Rise of Legends will work. I was really fond of Rise of legends as I was a beta tester for Microsoft for this game and got a copy shipped to me just before it was released. I got it a day before the general public could buy it. I played the heck out of it during office hours as the IT department didn't make changes from January 15th until April 30th. I was working as the support for the local office of an accounting firm at the time...lucky me.

Boris: It is in fact a Dell. It has been an issue with Dell laptops forever. I think a lot of it is how and where Dell does their power cords. If they had a 90° bend at the end it would help the issue.
Patrick, I have had success with HP laptops. I easily have bought over a dozen of them. Four of them for my youngest grandson. It was not all his fault. I sat on one of them.
I can say I have not had any issues with HP laptops. None that could be blamed on HP that is.
I started buying HP because they were the best deal available when I was buying. Now I look for HP first.
I believe all of the HP laptops I bought still function, even the ones I had had to repair. I can't say for sure because I gave a few of them away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back