Running Bear's March 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all.

Had donuts on the way in. Just coffee.

Weather in NE Indiana is sunny and warming. High 40s to 50s for a while.

Governor and Health peeps have dropped the age to 50+ for vaccines as of yesterday. Wife and I were registered prior to that. Hers first dose is on Tues. Mine on thurs. Probably going to reward each other with a donut for being brave and getting the shot. ;) That's our excuse, though the wife may want ice cream instead of a donut.

DeChipmunking went well yesterday. No sign of a next, but enough link and fuzz built up that the flap was stuck closed. Our guess is that the munks were using it as a sauna and eventually got the flap stuck. I'll try to remember to get the chimney sweeps out every fall to clean it out on the roof end.

View attachment 125599

Wife wants to work on bath remodel next, but I may press for increasing the insulation in the attic. The gents yesterday reminded me that the insulation up there is 50+ years old and well settled. Summers are WARM in the upper floor.
I vote insulation,insulation will reduce you future billing helping you pay for the bathro8om remodel,meantime ask wife to look around at bathroom and find what she likes which should help diffuse any negativity,let her choose a colour scheme and start looking at the little things towels and a lit mirror which can spruce it up meantime without breaking the bank but help towards the remodel because once she has new bathroom furniture she is gonna want those towels etc anyway,go electric if you get a heated towel warmer the water radiator ones do not wear well long term.and do not go for the walk into a wet room,those things apparently leak in no time at all and you end up paying......oh and here’s a weird one for you we changed to mono taps so hot and cold mixed but then when reading the insurance they do not cover mono taps and once you paid for a sink and a bath with just one hole you are not going to rip it out to put back 2 holes...soyou need a different insurer for the plumbing.....and another as we get older grabbing a normal tap and holding it to turn gets harder and harder especially with arthritis BUT buy the taps with the fins that you can push with the back of your hand is much easier and will see you into old age....get a non slip floor finish,those shiny tiles are lethal when wet...ensure Your toilet is placed so that you either can balance against the wall or can get a push up frame either side for when your older....or if you just fall off the roof and break a leg! Hint try to avoid that.....if you have the room consider a step to the side of the bath or make sure there is enough bum room for an Electric seat to lower you into the water,seriously people buy lovely. bathrooms spend a fortune then find their health etc can’t cope or have an accident, oh another if you get a shower with a seat in it sit on the seat and check it is comfortable we bought an all singing all dancing sauna shower with foot rub and rain water phone and radio.... but the seat was really tiny..plus it was Chinese and when there was an Elyria fault e electricians could not fix it doh!

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 small tomato, chopped
  • 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1-inch slices
  • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Salsa, optional, required
Ok I want one too, salsa required and guacamole...yum yum

also I am not saying I post a lot...but I have barely been here 2 minutes and now am a well known member lol.....let’s hope no one tries drowning me to shut me up lol.

Greg,
If James's fix doesn't work, the other idea I had was to take one of my DASR equipped locos , put it on Decoder Pro and set it up for non directional constant lighting. Then I can read back the new values in CVs 120 and 121. Then you should be able to program your loco to these new CV values, and I can reset mine.
Just let me know if you cant succeed on your own.

I have not heard if he has JMRI.....

Greg,
If James's fix doesn't work, the other idea I had was to take one of my DASR equipped locos , put it on Decoder Pro and set it up for non directional constant lighting. Then I can read back the new values in CVs 120 and 121. Then you should be able to program your loco to these new CV values, and I can reset mine.
Just let me know if you cant succeed on your own.

Yup that will work too! I asked one of my guys as well. Just don't know if he uses or has JMRI....

SouthWestern Omelette is basically any omelette that has "mexican"/"texmex" style ingredients and accoutrements. The given recipe looks good. Any sort of variety along those lines will work. For some reason, my son is not a big bacon fan (speaking of US style bacon of course) -- yes, I've threatened to take his man-card away -- but he likes sausage. So a reasonable substitution for him would be sausage, or chopped steak, or whatever floats your boat. The important thing is enough onion, peppers, and salsa-like stuff, to make it TexMex or related...

Progress on the Sunshine Foundation layout that some great guys in our club were working on again today. It is coming along so nicely !

Attachments

• 050DCE2C-FE10-41A6-83FB-2359F0A53DC2.jpeg
    050DCE2C-FE10-41A6-83FB-2359F0A53DC2.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 86DD3A14-8068-490D-9426-DBD6EAD9A652.jpeg
    86DD3A14-8068-490D-9426-DBD6EAD9A652.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 125
  • C4DB271A-A9E8-4A76-9F97-75F32AE9BF76.jpeg
    C4DB271A-A9E8-4A76-9F97-75F32AE9BF76.jpeg
    160.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 932BF0B0-A288-4B2D-A563-7F3B7F795EB6.jpeg
    932BF0B0-A288-4B2D-A563-7F3B7F795EB6.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 6D5CCED2-D5A3-4580-8BD5-29BEF72079AC.jpeg
    6D5CCED2-D5A3-4580-8BD5-29BEF72079AC.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 32A35A9B-F90C-41E4-8E8A-EE81C29E0FF5.jpeg
    32A35A9B-F90C-41E4-8E8A-EE81C29E0FF5.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 130
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 small tomato, chopped
  • 1 ripe avocado, cut into 1-inch slices
  • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Salsa, optional, required
Sounds a lot like a bacon /egg/cheese breakfast taco . mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm tacos.

Greg,
My local DCC Guru tells me to change CV's 120 and 121 to a value of "0" should give you constant bright lighting in both front and rear, regardless of direction.
Still, for my own curiosity I'm gonna play with Decoder Pro tonight.

I done it! I took one of my locos tonight and set CVs 120 and 121 to zero. I was rewarded with constant lighting in both directions. Then a quick stop on Decoder Pro put it back to directional lighting. My Guru was right!

Greg, and anyone else with DCC. You owe it to yourself to download Decoder Pro, get a Keyspan USB adapter and stop calculating CVs. It makes life sooooooo much easier!😃

I done it! I took one of my locos tonight and set CVs 120 and 121 to zero. I was rewarded with constant lighting in both directions. Then a quick stop on Decoder Pro put it back to directional lighting. My Guru was right!

Greg, and anyone else with DCC. You owe it to yourself to download Decoder Pro, get a Keyspan USB adapter and stop calculating CVs. It makes life sooooooo much easier!😃

Amen to that ! I started JMRI back in 2005 and never looked back!

Evenin' Shop Dwellers! 34*F with a 15mph NW wind under partly cloudy skies in my central MD neighborhood.

Thanks everyone for the "likes" and comments on my Wednesday post: Troy, Joe, James, TomO, Hughie, Sherrell, Rick, Willie, Phil, Karl, Tom-C, Gary, Jaz, Guy, Chad, GT, Justin

. . .
Ken, glad to hear you dodged that bullet! FWIW, remember, I have a LokProgrammer if the need arises.
. . .
Funny you should mention that Karl...I just "pulled the trigger" and ordered a Lokprogrammer for myself, seeing as I plan to make ESU my brand-of-choice with sound decoders. Regardless, your offer is still very much appreciated, and I'll still drop by to visit you occasionally. I'm with you on the JMRI, I could never speed-match my locos without DecoderPro.

Gary - your layout seems to be coming along quite nicely! 👍

. . .
Ken - OOOPSIE! On a bigger scale, I have spent hours on a troublesome electric circuit before checking to see if the breaker was on!
. . .
Willie, I won't even begin to list all the times I've done things to make me my own worst enemy <LOL>!

Aside from my decision to spring for a Lokprogrammer, I don't have any other mrr news to report. I unfortunately am not looking forward to this Saturday, because that's when I'm going to do my taxes! ☹ There's very little motivation to do them early when you expect to owe money instead of getting a refund. I've postponed long enough now, gotta confront this thing head-on and get it behind me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back